It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer asteroids best to be kept secret says NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If an asteroid was on collision course, they wouldnt tell you anyway....

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Kinda make's you wonder now, if there is already one on the way ... Wasn't there supposed to be one in 2017 or something, then they said they made a mistake? I wonder if that mistake they made was telling us ...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In or about 2022 an asteroid of approximately 16 kilometers diameter is supposed to cross inside the lunar orbit (a hair breaths near miss in orbital terms)... because NASA has blessed this as a near miss to come, there will be no futher seriously regarded research into it...

I believe it will likely hit, simply because it was dismissed out of hand so quickly, and because it was then quickly swept under the rug

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe your right ...

How would one go about surviving something like that? Even if it didn't hit, from your first post, I'd now rather be safe than sorry

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Lets see.... I believe that the US government was selling old Minuteman missle silos? Would probably be the best (and only) choice, unless you lived in WV or somewhere that had vast cave/mine networks....

Hmmmm.... check my post the plan.... maybe this is the catastrophe the Cabal had advanced warning of

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hey, are there any amateur astronomers in our midst? If so, please speak up or U2U me, have some questions.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Dragonrider is correct...from time to time, Minuteman missile silos go on sale...

Potential killer asteroids are more likely to be reported by astronomers rather than NASA. The majority of those on the task of seeking them out, aren't in NASA, so not a big deal...we'll know.... Short of methods of surviving a nuclear catastrophe though...not much that can be done, depending on where you are and where it hits. They say that every 80 million years or so, 3/4 of all life on Earth is wiped out in some kind of cataclysm...last time was about 65 million years ago, so I'm going with the odds, and letting that console me...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Gazrok, you are correct that astronomers are the ones to find such phenomena..... amateurs were the ones who found the three asteroids in 2002 that passed inside the lunar orbit.... after they had already passed...

Amateur astronomers were also the ones who found the 16 km asteroid as it made close pass in the late summer of 2002... and were the first to calculate a significant probability of impact in 2022.... which was then discounted by NASA as a near miss to be, and was promptly swept under the rug....

As I mentioned before, once NASA blesses it, regardless what numbers any amateur puts to it, it will be ignored by the media... which could easily be our death warrant...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
NASA might keep mum about it, but if I recall correctly, there's at least one more country with telescopes that are observing the sky (okay... I'm being a bit sarcastic, here). If it's that big and headed our way, even inf NASA stays mum, a lot of other governments and space agencies and astronomers are going to be discussing it.

They can't shut up every astronomer in the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gazrok,

I'm gonna have to go with dragonrider on this one. I could find proof of an impact and have NASA dismiss it as bad math. Who's going to believe who? An ameture or a government official who does this sort of thing for a living and know's more about it than an amature?

But, why a missle silo? How well protected are they. If it could withstand a full on direct hit from a muclear weapon, then I'm all for the idea, if not ... well... I'm prepared to bend over and kiss my arse goodbye

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Byrd: In reference to astronomers in other countries, I would predict that all governments would be in contact and on the same page with denying this information to the media and public (I have reason to believe that is the case as we speak, regarding the upcoming event in 2022).

In fact, in other countries, it would likely be easier to shut up amateur astronomers and keep them from speaking out, due to the lack of freedom of speech laws in other countries

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here is the official NASA line on the asteroid potential impact in 2022...

Please note, they are making a prediction of zero chance for impact based on only 6 days of observations....

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nasas current impact risk data....
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As it turns out, the amateur astronomer who found this asteroid DID IN FACT PLOT IT FOR IMPACT IN 2022!!!!!!!!

However, when he turned his data over to NASA, they came out and said that it would be a near miss. Based on the posted link story, I have full belief that this asteroid will in fact impact the planet, and that NASA knows about it, but is burying that fact...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This would take a massive conspiracy to hush up... Somehow, I think that the scientists convinced of impact, would certainly communicate their views on the internet...regardless of it being discounted by NASA, etc. just from a responsibility to the human race. Those that want to find out about it...would, and being one of those...I'm fine with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This asteriod is approximately equal to the "Dinosaur Killer" that impacted the Yucatan peninsula, and ended the Cretacious Period about 65 million year ago. In the event of impact, energy is calculated to be 3.6e*02 megatons of TNT.

65 million years ago, the Dino Killer impacted just off the coast of the Yucatan. We have reason to believe that it hit water, blasting all water away (creating a huge globe circling tsunami), impacted the sea floor, blasting up millions of tons of debris, and penetrated into the upper mantel. Because the impact created a temporary void in the water space, the water then came rushing back into the crater in the sea floor, where it came in direct contact not only with the impact heated material, but with free magma from the mantel. The water flashed into steam (millions of cubic feet of it) creating another explosion of several hundred megatons size, blasting out a second tsunami.

If this asteroid hits, statistics indicate it will likely hit a large water body, either the Atlantic or Pacific, since they account for 2/3 of the planets surface. Impact effects will likely be very similar to those noted above.

If such an impact occurs, the tsunami will circle the entire planet, wiping out anything and everyone near a coastal area. (The tidal wave scenes in Deep Impact should be kept in mind, although it may be worse than depicted). Keep in mind, there will be at least 2 of these tsunamis, and likely many *aftershock* tsunamis.... Considering that the vast majority of the population is near the coastal areas, severe loss of life is expected. Smaller island nations (not just islands, I believe Australia and New Zealand would be totally decimated) are likely to suffer 100% fatalities. (Netchicken, and anyone else in Australia/New Zealand, I highly recommend you and your families be in other countries in 2022).

To increase your chances of survival, be as high as possible. I dont mean in your backyard tree fort... I intend to be vacationing in Denver in 2022... if not in the Himalayas or on Kilamanjaro.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Potential killer asteroids are more likely to be reported by astronomers rather than NASA. The majority of those on the task of seeking them out, aren't in NASA, so not a big deal...

No big deal huh. Get your facts straight before you post son.

There is certain number of telescopes on the earth that can track and detect this bastards and NASA along with uncle sum are keeping an eye on each and everyone of them.

Now use your brain, i don't feel like spelling out the rest.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Gazrok, did you not read my link????

Nasa ADMITs they would lie to us if they found a killer asteroid on impact course.... How much more spelled out do you need it to be????

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would say if nothing else, this post that I linked is likely a leak by someone at NASA with a conscious, likely the only way to do so without going to prison...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The link is dead now ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join