It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer asteroids best to be kept secret says NASA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It still works, just have to click it a couple of times

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What an odd picky link! LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Shocking! If I have only a few days left to live, I want to spend them looting shopping centres and experimenting with drugs! Anyway, wouldn't we be able to see the asteroid with the naked eye if it came that close?

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just because they wouldn't tell us doesn't mean they won't do anything about it. I'm sure they have plenty of scenarios for dealing with these things. If they tell the public right away, people will go into mass hysteria and the world would almost destroy itself. Looting, killing, martial law.... All would most likely come into affect....

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Inspectah: I would like to think that the gov would do whatever they could to stop such an event from happening, however, I really dont know that there is something that could be done. An asteroid of that size, esp if it is nickle iron as most are, not a hell of a lot you could do to deflect it... some calculations have been floated that to significantly deflect an asteroid, you have to essentially vaporize at least 1/3 to 1/2 of its mass... consider that this thing is about the size of Fort Wayne, and made of solid nickle/iron, that would require the explosive eqivalent of every nuke ever constructed.... and then, to make it effective, you have to have it detonated at the right spot in the right orientation, as far out on its orbit as possible, since the closer it gets, the more displacement you will need for it to miss us.

At the moment, unless we do in fact have some Area 51 X Craft that totally defies modern physics, there is NO way we could get a war head of that size (assuming we could build one powerful enough) that far out, fast enough, and detonate it with enough accuracy to make a difference...

I also have doubts about whether those in charge even want this to happen... I believe this may be the event that the Cabal has been planning for the last couple hundred years, and if they have a viable escape route, they could care less how many people die.

Cider: No, I doubt that such an asteroid would be observed, unless we were expecting it and knew where to look. Keep in mind, in the last 2 years, we have had 3 near misses of very large asteroids, this one being one of them, crossing inside the lunar orbit. For comparison, imagine shooting at someone at 800 meters with a 30.06 rifle.... and knocking the ash off the cigarette in thier mouth.... that is about how close we came 3 times in the past 2 years.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
there is always way for survival. i plan on buying a mountain out in the rockies, and begin to drill into it making an underground city. any soil would be brought in from places where soil is uhh rich, and the farming conditions would be manipulated. there i and some others would survive in lonliness and eventually die out. .. you know what, i got a better idea. when we see that asteroid mofo, i'm driving to the place it'll be and get wiped out in the initial destruction. that'd be easier. or not. but either way i'll be as screwed as the rest of ya. what could we do anyway?

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, theres always the optimistic ones.....

Ideally, the underground bunker thing would be the best, but unless you buy a decommissioned minuteman silo, or are a multibillionaire (or a Cabal Member) its not going to happen.

As I mentioned, if it hits, it will likely hit in the ocean, and wipe out most of the coastal areas.... I will be on vacation in 2022.... in the MOUNTAINS.... Denver at the least, possibly the Matterhorn or Kilamanjaro...

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i'll see if the rockies are playin on d-day. see ya there drag!

seriously though, there is no way short of raiding all the local banks in a state or two would any person be able to get enough money to buy survival for himself. the best thing to do would be to head for the hills as mentioned above, and in an area where the change in temperature would bring about positive changes. look at it this way. australia is mostly arid, save for mountains and stuff like that. people assume that if the surface is destroyed, than fish and marine life will die out too. this makes australia again a prime place to go to. first any rise in water levels bringing water onto the land will likely encourage plant and vegetation growth in areas that were once deserts. creating a paradise of vegetation so to speak. the decrease in temperature would be large, we think a change in worldwide temps by ten or fifteen degrees isn't a lot but plants do. if avg. temps in that area (the desert) of australia is around 90 degrees most of the time, then the temps would fall to a level sutied to plant growth. this means we won't die!
however that pesky threat of angry starving militants remains so best to arm ourselves eh?

but what if it hits australia? oh well

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Actually, Australia would likely be a very bad choice.... I hate to say this, because I personally love Australia! However, statistically speaking, if it hits, will likely hit water, most likely the Pacific, since it is so big... Australia, as big as it is, is honestly not big enough... It and New Zealand would likely be totally swamped in the deluge.... Some few survivors maybe on Ayers Rock, but that would be about it....

I am looking for somewhere VERY HIGH in middle of a large continental mass.... The Himalayas, the Rockies (maybe, a little close to the west coast though), or Kilanmanjaro in Africa are the best bets

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
they are probably a good choice and i'll take your word on it. i study mostly european geogaphy and asian geography and even there not that much. africa is not a place of my knowing. i will look into it however. and since many plants there are adapted to extreme conditions, they would probably do well.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Fluxgate Magnetometer reading for 2/18/03

Please note the extreme spike in activity on 2.18.03 which is when numerous astronomers claim that a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME or solar flare) erupted apparently in the immediate vicinity of the NEAT comet. Some amateur astronomers claim that this CME may have collided with the comet, based on the SOHO Lasco images. Some astronomers claimed that the comet then appeared to develope a second or split tail, indicating that it may have calved and split into two/multiple bodies. This is the last set of images before the set that many claim to be evidence of NASA faking information, then leading to the web blackout on the subject.

Hypothesis:

NASA has reason to believe this object is on an "earth intercept" or collision course. NASA/fed gov institutes media black out (have you heard of this in the general media???), and attempts to shut down those on the web who may have incriminating evidence. Due to the overwhelming spread of this information, this is impractical, therefore Plan B is activated, which is to discredit those posting such information (there are currently several statements floating around indicating that the website mentioned in the previous email at frauds, disinfo sites, ect.... never heard of amateur astronomers who wanted to spread rumors for no other reason though....)

Possibility, based on the flux magnetometer record above, that HAARP may have been used to incite a CME coincident with its closest approach to the sun in order to attempt to destroy it or break it down into "survivable" fragments? Is such action within HAARPs capabilities? If the former is true, what is the likelihood of succees?

Facts:

Due to lack of reliability of NASA data, exact size, mass, and trajectory of object are conjecture. However, the comet head measures approximately 300,000 miles in diameter, and the tail is approximately 3-4 million miles long. Comet cores can be anywhere from 10 miles to 150 miles in diameter, usually composed of nickle/iron, water ice and frozen gasses. We dont know for sure the size of the core, however, based on the known size of the coma, estimates are to the larger end of the spectrum.

The object is making a very close pass to the sun, at .099 AU (AU=Astronomical Unit, or distance of the Earth from the sun) or approximately 9 million miles from the surface of the sun, well inside the orbit of Mercury. Perihelion, closest approach to the sun, took place Feb 18-19 (coincident with extreme emmission spike from HAARP, and observed CME). Due to the close proximity to the sun and possible collision with CME, most volatiles are expected to burn off of the object.

Because most volatiles will likely be burned off of the comet core, and unknown perctage of mass of object that these volatiles compose, several potential problems arise. First, due to loss of mass, and likely "thrust vectoring" to trajectory as this mass is expelled, significant changes in trajectory are likely: current orbital calculations are no longer reliable. Also, due to the unknown internal structure, there is a possibility that as volatile mass is expelled, the core may break into multiple bodies, thereby compounding the preceding point. Finally, if most or all volatiles are expelled from the object during perihelion, no tail will form. This, combined with the fact that it will be "coming out of the sun", and lack of appropriate observing platforms in the southern hemisphere, indicates significant difficulty in observation, detection, and tracking of the object or objects.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ultimately it comes down to living your life to the fullest every single day, because you never know.

I'm going to start looking for land in the midwestern mountains.. even an acre would be sufficient, if located at the proper altitude.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The big question is: Will you have enough time to accomplish those goals? If you rely on NASA or the Fed Gov't to tell you, you'll never know...

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Have to agree with everyone on this post!

Dragonrider, just to let you know that you and anyone you really LIKE are welcome to come up to Glencoe with me and J!

I'll just make sure that we have plenty of supplies from A.S and you can bring anything you want.

Just to let you know, there is plenty of ice around that area all year round!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join