It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Anniversary Truce.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
With that time of year rapidly approaching, I think as a show of respect, a 24 hour Amnesty here on the forums, no bickering, squabbling, and all the rest, not sure if you guys normally do something like this, it`s a token gesture (amongst us here obviously) that`s all

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventh
With that time of year rapidly approaching, I think as a show of respect, a 24 hour Amnesty here on the forums, no bickering, squabbling, and all the rest, not sure if you guys normally do something like this, it`s a token gesture (amongst us here obviously) that`s all

Sounds good i'm in.

By the way LOVE THE AVATAR, how long did that take to put together!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It never happens.

It's been tried before, unfortunately it just won't work.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think we should make this two-fold.

We should all look up our local newspaper, radio, TV media and send them
information about the upcoming conference and/or thermite paper.

Get the word out where it matters; not on interenet forums debating with
people who can't wrap their heads around the basics.

The truth movement is essentially three years old. They need our help
as the mainstream media wont. It's possible news outlets outside of the
US will respond more positively, but don't get discouraged as we have
seen Gage on US news recently.

Go for it guys. Spread the word. The time it takes most of us to write a
post is equally spent looking up an e-mail address and sending some
information.

We need to make some noise - that gets attention. Imagine if all of us
sent one e-mail a day to one local news outlet. Strength in numbers.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist
It never happens.

It's been tried before, unfortunately it just won't work.

Originally posted by jthomas

"Token gesture?"

I think you give everyone a real gesture of respect to all Americans and finally admit that you cannot demonstrate your claims.

Token gesture - not much to be read into it - symbolic, as in what I wrote between these ( ) = meaning - us - here - in the forum.

But yep I can see it`s pointless, to all Americans was the intent of this thread, that you tarnished.

I out of respect made this thread, you apn didn`t read it, twisted it, and somehow think you won round one of a none existent boxing match.

Was you bullied at school or something?.

You can get help for that.

Get it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by Republican08

Sounds good i'm in.

By the way LOVE THE AVATAR, how long did that take to put together!

Thanks, and not long bud just got the pictures from some video, then cropped them and layered them on a back ground

I have made one for someone else also lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Don't be angry that I upset your apple cart. This is the real world we live in, after all.

Get it?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Whatever your beliefs are about 9/11, whether you think it was a government/elite/illuminati/NWO conspiracy or you think it was a real terrorist attack with no ulterior motives and no inside job, or somewhere between the two sides, we should all be civilized. We should do this in honor of the thousands of innocent people who lost their lives during the tragic event. No matter what the cause of the disaster was, we should have the courtesy to at least be respectful on the anniversary of this tragedy.

Oh, and I agree with Republican08, your avatar is amazing

[edit on 31-8-2009 by LetTheTruthBeTold]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan
I think we should make this two-fold.

We should all look up our local newspaper, radio, TV media and send them
information about the upcoming conference and/or thermite paper.

Get the word out where it matters; not on interenet forums debating with
people who can't wrap their heads around the basics.

The truth movement is essentially three years old. They need our help
as the mainstream media wont. It's possible news outlets outside of the
US will respond more positively, but don't get discouraged as we have
seen Gage on US news recently.

Go for it guys. Spread the word. The time it takes most of us to write a
post is equally spent looking up an e-mail address and sending some
information.

We need to make some noise - that gets attention. Imagine if all of us
sent one e-mail a day to one local news outlet. Strength in numbers.

Great idea, Tino! Let's come together on this one, dude. Let's show everyone we can do it!

Let's spread the word that the Camp Springs One departure is *never* used in the morning when Reagan is landing from the south because of rush hour traffic!

Let's spread the world about the surface-to-air missiles at the Pentagon that were "stood down" so that Flight 77 could hit the building unimpeded!

Let's make sure everyone knows about how the Bush Administration caused 9/11 so we could invade Afghanistan so we could control the heroin market so we could get money so we can fund our war against Aliens on the moon!

Let's make sure everyone sees your high-tech, Cray-computer driven simulation proves how *impossible* the lamp pole incident is!

Let's make sure everyone knows how many of those "NOC" witnesses said they watched AA 77 hit the Pentagon. Must been lying, the cretins! But we'll believe the OTHER part of their comments!

Let's make sure everyone knows how AA77 did that huge honkin' flyby at 50 to 100 feet over the 3,000 cars in South parking...or not.

Wadda ya say, Tino! Let's go in on this together!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan

The truth movement is essentially three years old.

Please explain this. There have been people denying the evidence right from the beginning. Just because you maybe got on board then, doesn’t mean it wasn’t well in motion. How do you come to the random number of 3 years?

It's been 8 years now, wouldn't you think there would be some evidence that would even cast some slight doubt on basically the official story?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Three years ago, on the anniversary of 9/11 a local company sponsored a "Healing Field". On the grounds of their corporate headquarters, they planted a United States flag for each victim on 9/11. Feeling that it was something my kids should see, we went to see it. When we first got there, there was a couple that were getting out of there car as we were. I noticed she was wearing a United Airlines windbreaker and carrying what looked like a poster, at the time, I did not think much about it. As I wandered the grounds looking at the names attached to each flag, I came upon the one with Sandy Bradshaw's name on it. The poster I had seen in the hands of the lady was now attached to the flag. Several pictures of Shanksville were on the poster along with a lengthy note. The lady had been a coworker of Sandy's and known most of the crew that had been assigned to Flight 93. Attached to the note was her phone number and a note to call if anyone wanted to know more about Sandy and the other crewmembers. I managed to catch up to her as she was leaving that day, gave her my number and said I would very much like to talk to her sometime. A few weeks later, she was back in the area and gave me a call.

Because of her relationship with the crew, she was one of the official United representatives assigned to the recovery at Shanksville..helped identify wreckage..personal belongings of the crew etc.... I have tried to get her to sign up on ATS so she could tell her story, so far, she refuses.....something about the "truth" movement wouldnt know the truth if it bit them in the backside. She actually used more colorful language but to repost the exact words would get me a nasty gram from the moderators. Suffice to say, she knows that her friends did die at Shanksville that day when their aircraft slammed into the ground. So in honor of her and in memory of her friends, on the actual anniversary, I will observe a truce.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Well said Swampy /salute, and even though I do not agree with someone I do respect their right to a different opinion, people whom have lost relatives and close ones do not want to see the whole event being dragged on and on, and that`s fully understandable, hence this post which somehow was completely taken out of context, it was solely intended as a show of respect to the American people, like a minutes silence we all know exactly the meaning of that, and a token gesture is we abide by that as a show of respect, and not the amount of respect shown is a token gesture (if you understand what I meant
).

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Seventh]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by Seventh

As much as I may agree with your sentiment and and respect your calling for it. The cynic in me snorts and comments "Not bloody likely. Especially us lot.". But I would star and flag if I could from this cellphone. Calling for a moment to show respect for the fallen is one thing I wouldn't argue against you for. Here's to hoping my cynical side is wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jake the Dog Man

Speaking strictly about the professional organizations that are investigating
the events. IE: Architects, Aviation, Scientists, etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is not a thread to argue your side of the 911 debate.

This is not a thread for childish name calling.

The Topic is very clear.

"An Anniversary Truce"

On Topic.. Or Not At All..

Semper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join