It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson hoax was 'experiment,' broadcaster says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

A hoax video purporting to show Michael Jackson hopping out of a coroner's van alive was produced by a German television station as an experiment, the broadcaster told CNN Monday.

It was made to show how easy it is to spread rumors online, said Heike Schultz, a spokeswoman for RTL, the leading private broadcaster in Germany.

"We sent out a press release before we did the video to alert everyone that it was fake, but once posted it spread really fast," she said.

More than 880,000 people have clicked on the most popular version of the video on YouTube, posted by a user using the name "michaeljacksonhoax" under the title "Michael Jackson alive?! Seen coming out of coroner's van!" Nearly 3,600 people have commented on the video.

"All the moves, his posture, the stepping out of the van, looks like MJ. He steps out very cautious, like a moonwalk. Also the slowly walking is just like Michael did," one user wrote.
www.cnn.com...

here's the video the article is talking about

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Pretty sick experiment, if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Rumors spread easily on the internet? They need an experiment to prove that?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No one should have believed it anyway. People are too eager to believe what they see on the Internet. It was a very simple thing to fake. Pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ahh the day has been reached when psychologists think that defrauding a man of his death with an nonfactual rumor is acceptable.. yes, that is pretty sick really, and so is and can be, the mind.

A

[edit on 31-8-2009 by 7redorbs]

[edit on 31-8-2009 by 7redorbs]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

"WarrenB" I am so glad you posted this thread as the photo below shows the font on the word "Corner", lettering/wording under the plate and the red tags on the license plate shows that it was a total faked from the start.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e01195e2a23.jpg[/atsimg]
MJ will always live on in his music!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
From what I saw, many people realized that it was a hoax right off.

The rumor spread as all do, but is it significant that it spread as a recognized hoax? At least from what I saw. I don't recall anyone claiming that it was real... but then I don't follow Hollywood idolatry much, so maybe I missed it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That now famous video clip failed to reveal that Elvis was driving the coroners van.

I don't think anyone is surprised by this revelation that the video is a hoax. Although, I'm sure MJ's dr. was hoping it was authentic.
Good luck in prison good dr.

CX

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think people should forget the whole MJ thing and look at the bigger picture here.

This is just one television station starting a hoax to see how the public reacts, i wonder how many other subjects we talk about here are started by the PTB to see how we react to it?

CX.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah but at the #1 Conspiracy Site on the NET(ATS) it didn't FLY. Can they include that in their experiment? The fact that most here didn't believe it, although there were some that did, but most didn't and most felt it was either a tv stunt, a double but not many endorsed it was actually MJ.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Rumors spread easily on the internetz?! It doesn't take a genius to figure out the net can be played like a modern version of "Telephone." Leave the experimenting to scientists. Why don't journalists and broadcasters alike focus on spreading objective information?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would think many people already knew that: Michael Jacksons life has been an 'experiment'.

People who remember The Thriller music video would have immortalized him because of it and anything he did in his life has been an 'experiment' even and especially; if it's his death.

When it comes to the word: "Change" many people will think of Michael Jackson......and his songs and videos.

These people in Germany or wherever were basically just mocking his fans.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
LOL they should give the people responsible "experimental" fines and prison sentences as well

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
wow. big surprise!! I was even blasted by a couple of people on the other thread because of a descepancy of the fonts, and the fact that faking a homocide is beyond ridiculous.

So alot of people here fell for it.... i thought we were supposed to be the smart ones of the conspiracy world?!?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So there you have it!

Fans and detractors alike fell for it. I think mostly the detractors because it wouldn't be good for M. J. to fake his death. Such an act of deception would tarnish him even more.. Plus, he should be the last person to attempt this coup.

However, I agree with the poster who said that there's a bigger picture to look for in all this. The msm want to show that they also got some tricks under their hats; hat they know the minds of the conspiracists.

top topics

join