It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Fellow Survivalists!!! I'm Your New FSME...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Don't you mean at Above Top Secret?

(kidding)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just want to say congratulations!
I am sure that you will share a wealth of information with us.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
enough congratulations. we need some knowledge such as join the merines to obtain the survivor knowledge and the strength, to be able to survive all conditions that we may encounter.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Congratulations my friend! I do not think anyone is better or more experienced for the job than you are!

[edit on 8/29/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hiya, nice track record, hope we can learn from each other.

A couple of folks have asked about techniques to mask or completely hide our bodies heat signatures.

Of course, this implies any potential pursuers have access to thermal or IR technology.

How, in your experience is the most effective techniques for evading an enemy or pursuer who is equipped with and using Thermal imaging or IR cameras or scopes? This probably means the tech will be attached to a vehicle, most likely a chopper. But hand held units would probably be used too.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have a question regarding survival skills.
I was looking for quite a while books or info about how to make traps for trapping different animals. I understand that you can buy traps in store but how to make one out of tees or branches?
And also how to properly set them and what bait to use?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You don't have to join the marines to learn survival,one sure fire way to find survival info is to talk to old people who used to do it the hard way every day just to eat.

Weapons change only so much,technology fails,so you had better learn to use the tool that doesn't need batteries before you go high-tech.

Funny how the best sniper rifles are usually bolt action still,isn't it?,the only real improvements are in metalurgy.

Semi-Auto is nice,but is more prone to failure.

The only tool you have that will never need batteries is your brain,lowest of the low-tech is still the basis of all high-tech.

Yeah,a brain,and maybe a knife or machete.......everything else is just toys.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So many questions, so little time...

Here is what I suggest...

Instead of me trying to answer all the questions here in this thread, as we have an entire Forum to play in; all of you who have questions.. ""ABOUT SURVIVAL""...... Start a thread and we will discuss your questions at length..

Some of the questions posted here will make excellent threads people...

I am currently working on a Firearms Thread and basic Self Defense Thread I hope to have posted before the weekend is out, so hopefully you will all get some good information from them.

I just spent the week on the Firing Range, so as you may suspect, I am BEAT TIRED...

The Temp was in the 90's and as you all may know, ranges get really really hot and they are long days.. Especially when you have some shooters that are borderline in qualifying and have to work with them again and again...

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortisSo, I am here to help, feel free to ask anything and if I can answer it, I will...

I gots a question... Which is better? AK or AR?

I'm only joking of course.

(Someone had to ask it!)

Peace,
FK

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Cudos, you certainly have the chops and qualifications. Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
As a former Marine, I would suggest that you begin by instructing how to build a three hole crapper or dig a 123 trench..... Actually escape and evasion is probably what is going to be the most important thing to learn in event of an adversarial situation and I know how good Recon types are at that.

i'm 56 and have had 2 heart attacks, set me up behind a wall, give me a gun and ammo, a bottle of jack, and i'll hold them off as long as i can, while you young bastards take the rest of them, and get the hell out of there.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ok.. Ok.. Ok..!

Why am I always the one that never gets the memo, (or in this case the last one to find out).

Well Semper, If we were out in the boonies, there is no one else that I can think of that I'd rather have tell me not to pitch my tent on the same trail where the bears and mountain lions frequent.

You are a very giving and generous man that never ceases to serve his Country in one form or another. And now add to this list a FSME? I salute you sir!

Congrats on your new position..!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Congratulations!

I hope you talk more sense than the rest of the ATS staff!

I'm sure we'll have some interesting threads coming up!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Thanks for the help! They seem to be a good food source and the pine cones are plentiful!

2 heads are always better than none!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm in the PineyWoods too..... There was a big mess of wild hogs around here until lately but there is always plenty of deer, other critters wild black berries and anything you can plant that likes sandy soil.... Have you tried armadillo or raccoon?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
oops wrong thread, howd that happen?

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Barkster]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There's clearly some confusion here.

This thread isn't a test to see if Semper is really who he says he is. This thread is also not a challenge to see what Semper knows about "Survival". This thread is to congratulate Semper as the new FSME and to familiarise members with the new FSME.

Semper has done his work, and proven himself knowledgeable on the subject, that is why he was appointed FSME. He's well past the point of proving himself.

If you have a problem with Semper being FSME, please use the Complaints feature and notify the staff of your issue. Please be sure to have a valid complaint, and not a case of sour grapes.

Thank you.

And congratulations Semper!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DieterDengler

You have an urgent U2U. Click here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join