Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hello Fellow Survivalists!!! I'm Your New FSME...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hey Semper! Great idea!

While I may not have much to add as far as advice, since I probably need it more than most here (I'm more of a city girl), I'd like to offer the services of my DH (he he - he's gonna love this!).

My DH is a former Marine, as well. He was an NBC instructor for eight years. That is, he taught Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Defense. All of the marines, sailors, and soldiers from all of the air-group's squadrons, had to go through his training class. (If any of you were in his air-group at that time, you probably know him.
)

While I could probably answer quiet a bit, myself (heard all the stories, lol :@@
, I wouldn't mind jogging his brain at bit. I do see him around, every so often.

BTW, Semper, were you on East or West coast? I happen to know some from scout sniper school in San Onofre (through my DH).

-Sour

[edit] Oh, I just realized that I sort of impeded onto your thread. I apologize, I hope I'm not hijacking it.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by SourGrapes]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Someone read a bit to much into the novel Jarhead...... Hooo Ahhh! and all that.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I was stationed on the East Coast, but attended schools all over..

No you are not highjacking the thread, love the input..

reply to post by Zenagain

Nope..
Any real Marine will tell you it is HOORAH and that doesn't really quite do it as it is more of a grunt...

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hello Semper.

2.23 or 3.08?

I like the punch of the 308, but the recoil makes it a slow-firing gun with heavy ammo.

Looking to go shopping in the near future, and wanted some advice.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjeh

A lot of that decision depends on you... Size, experience what you will be using it for etc..

I have both and consider them both excellent calibers..

I do however favor the 308 for general all around...

Now for a survival situation there is only one.. The venerable .22rimfire

I know I know, I have heard all the arguments, but trust me, I will address the reasons in a thread in full detail later this weekend...

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
wow Semper!! Congrats my ats friend. It surprises me that you made Moderator...no offence, but ive seen abit more thrown in from other member, seems you have some time on your hands
. Well, when i finish this reply i will add you to my friends list simply because ive always mostly agreed with your input, like some others i havnt found. Well done with the new title, i understand what it means to be a leader, i do have that skill tho i do not possess the writing skill, tho, trust me , im learning.

Well done Semper!!!

Congrats!!!!

Damn i talk some crap when the Chivas Regal takes hold!!!!
, cheers to A.T.S. xx

[edit on 29/8/2009 by scubagravy]

CX

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Congratulations on the position Semper, this forum is a wealth of info, but it's great when some of that info comes from people with experience in the subjects they talk about.

See you around.

CX.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
welps since the apocalypse is right around the corner, i have a few questions. they are as followed:

1. since the end wouldn't be the end without baron wasteland and people wearing old tires as clothes, riding cool dune buggy with machine guns mounted on the side and super fast 70's automotive icons. what in your opinion should i drive? i prefer a 4x4 with massive tires so i can run people over. please advise.

2. at the end food will be scarce. i have this dumb mutt i love to death that i take everywhere with me. and as we all know when we're hungry everything starts to look real good.....even my mutt. so is it morally wrong to cook him up and eat him?

3. when the time comes, i want to put together a band of survivalists and i will call this gang "band of survivalists," BS for short. since at times such as this, people will be stripped of their power and wealth, we're all fair game regardless of who you were before the catastrophe. i will recruit plumb, fat and juicy politicians and every saturday or friday ( im still debating between the two day as this day will be important) i would pick of of these plump fat and juicy politician and sacrifice him/her to the survivalist God. after we remove the heart from this holy individual, we're all going to feast on his flesh. what do you think?

4. money would have no value during these times. things that do have value would have practical use such as knives, hammer, saw, fishing rods, fire arms, etc... i plan on becoming the richest man in the world by purchasing $100,000 dollars worth of the showtime cutlery set. i'm going to be a knives dealer and people from four corner of the world will come and buy my knives and i will be rich and powerful. please correct me if i'm wrong.

5. when i was a kid i've always thought going camping was a survivalist ritual, when i got home i felt proud and thought i could take on the world. but few of us know that just because you can live in the wood for a month or two does not make you a survivalist. thats child's play. i do not understand how these self-proclaim survivalists came to the conclusion that they can live with nothing because they just took a stroll through the park. unless you are born into an enviroment that is naturally harsh, live in deserts with close to nothing for years on end, live in mountains and rain forests, eat off the land, don't know what the internet is, never see a minute of television, YOU ARE NOT A SURVIVALIST. you are a city dwelling slicker who goes camping, THAT IS ALL YOU ARE. stop this survival crapola before everyone thinks they're special.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
How can i remain undetected from thermal imageing?
And Infer Red etc?

I always thought that one of those Silver survival blankets would block out your heat sig,,,,,,Would it?

Thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Look forward to many good post removals. Just kidding- congrats Friend.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin

And Infer Red etc?

I always thought that one of those Silver survival blankets would block out your heat sig,,,,,,Would it?

Thanks in advance

Uh..... grow cold?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

And Infer Red etc?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I want to hear an answer to that one. I had wondered that one as well. How would a sniper get into a target area protected by a force like ours with the IR lights and such?

Glad your on the job Semper!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Congratulations semperfortis for your appointment as FSME of the survival forum.

I'm sure your increased activity here will be well received and your knowledge invaluable.

Oh ... and we need more semper in hiding vids ...pleeeeeeze

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

OMG!! Marry me! I'll send Mr. Flyers Fan out on a loooooong trip to the grocery store or something!

Seriously though ... you were in Japan? When?
I was stationed there for three years - Camp Zama.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

And Infer Red etc?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I want to hear an answer to that one. I had wondered that one as well. How would a sniper get into a target area protected by a force like ours with the IR lights and such?

That's easy! Just kill a sniper that has an IR defeating suit.

Seriously they do make them. Are they available for civvie purchase ? - I doubt it.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
screw up. i responded to the wrong request. sorry.

second line

[edit on 29-8-2009 by felonius]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hello Semper,

Congrats on the position, can't think of anyone I would rather have to questions on survival, I know you have the background.

Being that I am a former woods dweller living in the city, and am just learning enough to scare the scat out of me, when would be a good time to return to the woods?

Also, what would be a good basic starting list to equip my base. I have researched several "survivalist sites" and they are always for large groups of people. That's fine for when the ones become tens, but until that time what is considered essential, besides food and water (I think I've got those covered). I know how to shoot basic firearms (have a hunting past), but am over my head when it comes to protecting me and mine from advancing threat.

As you see, I am a novice with just enough knowledge to be in shock. I look forward to everyone's contribution on this site to fill in the large chinks I know are showing.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ummm don't you know that the alien Greys (or what have you) are making it seem that the Americans and Russians, or group X verus group Y are at each other's throats so they can divide and conquer the rest of the world?

Anyway, do you think it's best in the event of the # hitting the fan, to stay where you are or go into the wilderness?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be more meaningful to put your time into problem solving rather than teaching people how to kill others, imagine if all the soldiers of the world were to stop their robotic behaviour indoctrinated by sick elite lunatics and do some real meaningful contribution to society by problem solving, wouldn't the world be a better place aye...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here's a question for you, semp...

What about the many people who are physically disabled, or mobility impaired? The elderly? Those that are bedridden, or dependent on medication, such as diabetics?

Do we have any obligation to help them? Or is it every man for himself?

Btw, congrats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join