It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird creature found while camping..what is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I found on youtube ..looks pretty slick..allso maybe fake idk..

Have a look..i can't tell.

this video shows a unknown creature while camping. it was on the roof f a trailer. it looks like a koala but do they have tails long enough? a monkey? what is a monkey doin in a camp site? what could this creature be?.....

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Totally scripted.

Down to the girl being the producer of the film.

"Let's not chase it, roll it back"

who the hell talks like that?

If it was me it would have gone down like this.

"F the camera, grab the gun, there be some good eating tonight!"

Roll it back...sheesh!

[edit on 28-8-2009 by DazE777]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Uh, I think there is some possibility of this being fake.
And ridiculously so.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hahahahahahaha you guys left me there to die.
are thouse people for real ?

i mean we hear stories about southern people mistakenly belived a cow was an elk.

id say its a racoon , koalas are usualy to "stoned" to do anything.

and they sound like this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I thought it was fake at first..lol.. I still do, only because their actions and words seemed "rehearsed" a bit. But what do I know, that thing definately looked like a monkey or some huge Squirrel like the Black Giant Squirrel, however, the black giant squirrel is not native to America (to my knowledge). But it looks too tiny to be any kind of squirrel, I would say if this video is real that it could be a monkey that escaped, abandoned, or something else.

But to me, the video is faked.

[edit on Aug 28th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's what's commonly referred to in Australia as a drop bear. Very dangerous.

I kid.

This is a hoax from a couple of years ago. It didn't get much attention back then because it was almost instantly outed as a hoax. I'm sorry, but it was so long ago that I can't remember any of the details. I did a quick search or two, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll do an in-depth search as soon as I've got a couple of free minutes.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I didn't even have the sound up (at work) and I knew it was scripted. I don't know how to explain it except they have that "it's scripted but try to make it look like genuine actions" demeanor. Kind of like the ones you find in Blair Witch and Cloverfield.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here you go:

It's name is Labou and it's from Louisiana.

Protect the Labou.
Louisiana Wildlife Foundation

I know. Disappointing, isn't it.

Edit: And just for good measure I'll add a link to Cryptomundo.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Most of you aren't old enough to remember the dreaded long-tailed snipe. Oh yeah. Many late-night excursion were attended in college seeking this elusive creature.

Snarkiness aside, my BS filter got a tad oversaturated watching this production. There is far too much set-up initially without giving a reason for the filming. The dialogue seems a hair contrived as well. It doesn't feel real to me, unless of course, this is the first film documentation of the dreaded long-tailed snipe.

The foregoing was merely my opinion, and does not reflect the stance of management, other members, mods, or my two cats.

The cats have never seen a snipe.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Ahh You beat me to the snipe hunt. We used to do that to the new kids in Summer Camp.

That video clip makes the Blair Witch look good. I wonder who was manipulating the puppet.

I can't even believe that this thread is still open.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Are you saying the video is a hoax, or is the Labou a hoax? or both.
Why is the Louisiana Wildlife Foundation involved, (since they reported it) or are they hoaxy as well? Can you elaborate a bit more.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

must agree with you , wierd loops if anything , might be a gimmick to raise money

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's a viral advertisement for a kids movie.

Meanwhile,
Back at the ranch......................

Ok Jimmy, here's the deal. We're going to go down the river here and herd the snipe in your direction. You stay here with this burlap bag and when it comes running in your direction, catch it in the bag.

Don't worry.

We'll be right back.

[edit on 033131p://f57Friday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree, it really seems like they're bad actors. Also, the critter does seem to resemble a frilled neck lizard.

Ironically, it's the creature which comes across as the most realistic thing in this video. At least to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
LOL

That was awesome

That chick wasnt to bad looking, pity it was really fake though

btw, that looked nothing like a frill necked lizard. I use to have one living at my work in Darwin, they simply dont look even close to that thing

[edit on 28/8/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I wondered about the "bad acting" are they just bad actors, or good amateurs. If a hoax, they played the scene pretty ok, but the "leave me to die " bit seems a bit too soon a reaction. Pity they didn't think to paint the Labou green.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

You nailed this on the head mate.
SLap a hoax on this..so other won't ask in the future lol

Still funny in retrospect lol

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by Gemwolf

You nailed this on the head mate.
SLap a hoax on this..so other won't ask in the future lol

Still funny in retrospect lol

no. no it wasn't it's retarded.

spend your CG/VFX/Comping skills doing something more productive like faking an actual car in traffic or other mundane objects... that's where the challenge really lies.

not on stupid rehearsed overacted BS...

it's so 08'.

-

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was wondering if it was actually the fabled boogerben, which haunts the wild, drunken imaginations of southern youth while camping.

And just for the record, to make sure that the long tailed snipes actually come your way, the "bagger" needs to make the long tailed snipe's mating call. (insert halarious and embarassing noise here).

This is to cover the distant echos of laughter from the guys drinking all the beer just down the road.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It was a viral movie made for the Labou movie, i.e. a hoax. The websites are all fake.

top topics

join