It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unusual liform on beach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

Originally posted by TheMadHatter
mmmmm

Those are actually good to eat. You boil them and there's some edible meat in the neck. If your in an area where the water is clean (away from towns and cities) they are pretty tasty.

gooseneck barnacles

TMH۞

[edit on 28-8-2009 by TheMadHatter]

uhhh waht part of that worm with a shell do you consider a neck?

Sorry I haven't visited the site in a couple of days. The neck is the long tube that connects the goose barnicle to the rock or log.

MH

[edit on 4-9-2009 by TheMadHatter]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMadHatter
mmmmm

Those are actually good to eat. You boil them and there's some edible meat in the neck. If your in an area where the water is clean (away from towns and cities) they are pretty tasty.

gooseneck barnacles

TMH۞

[edit on 28-8-2009 by TheMadHatter]

I think you're thinking of Pollicipes pollicipes (or Pollicipes polymera if you're in the States...), you wouldn't get much meat out of these! Probably Lepas anetifera. The two are very different (to someone who knows an unhealthy amount about barnacles..........:lol
. Lepas are much more gelatenous.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. N

Yes your right! Those are the ones I tried (Pollicipes pollicipes). l still need to learn more. Anyway, they're pretty tasty if you can find any. The ones I tried in Mendocino county were great but later when I took a beach trip down to santa cruz and tried some from there they had a strange bitter aftertaste most likely because of pollution. ravenshadow13, Don't worry I only take a few

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yikes. Okay so it's named after the goose--that must have been one UGLY goose they named those things after.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join