It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are our options to reset the system?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by catamaran

I do think many of those things would help, but the system is so entrenched and the imprint of TPTB on the people is so deep, without a revolutionary enema of washington and even state governments it would be near impossible at best.

I definitely agree that we as a people are so frazzlefied and splintered into our little self centered groups, that we can no longer see the bigger picture. Local cultures trying to look out for #1. Plus a couple of young generations of folks who have no idea what the role of .gov is supposed to be, because they damn well won't be taught in school. Will they learn in time to choose the right side of the line, or will they even care until it is too late and they are starving in the streets with no idea how to even take care of themselves. The more I see how dependent kids are now, the more thankful I am that I was born in the sticks!!!

[edit on 28-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

thanks for responding to my post. A cleansing of government is ideal but how is that going to be accomplished other than a coup de etat? Who in America would do such a thing? Everybody is waiting on Somebody to fix the government for them. People always talk about a revolution, but only in a theoretical sense. At the rate freedom is being infringed on in the name of terrorism is frightening. What went wrong and when did it start? Did it begin with the Bush Administration or farther back with Ronald Reagan?

I even feel I can't write what I really want to say, I might say the wrong word and be profiled. Ah, probably not, I live in the sticks now and thankful for living there. Getting off topic now...

Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

"resetting" is an illusion only believed by those in Hollywood and those in the Obama administration.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7

So does anyone have any ideas how we could transition to a representative system that isn't based on who has the most lobbying dollars, or who is the best liar? I am a fairly young dude and not well versed in political history, maybe someone knows of an current or historical example that works/worked.

One Idea:

Forget about the Federal Government and get involved with your state government representatives, let them know that you would support a bill for constitutionally mandated secession from the current hopelessly corrupted federal entity.

Let THEM keep THEIR debts.

You wouldn't have to actually secede to force amazing changes for the good.

Merely talking about it gives hope to the disenfranchised and creates morbid fear amongst those profiting from the corruption.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The only way to lesson the involvement of corporations and other organizations with the Federal Govt is to have the Fed Govt remove itself from so much of our day to day lives.

The only reason why these entities lobby the Govt is because the Govt is entering policy areas that affect their operations.

It's only natural that since the Congress is involving itself in their affairs, that they try to influence the extent of that involvement

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7
reply to post by TruthMagnet

Man, there are so many variables in that scenario that would have to be regulated, I don't know. in between any one of those steps a wrench could be thrown in the works. I appreciate the detail, but I'm not sure if we have time to make all that work. Star for effort though bro.

hotrodturbo7,

I've considered this subject for some time - longer than many would imagine - and I have yet to hear of one other legitimately possible alternative solution to the two I have mentioned here.

Although - indeed - their are many variables involved - how is that different from any other approach?

It is a common occurance - over time - for dictators to come into power in former democracies/republics and this would be no different.

One simply would have to bring the right grass roots candidate to power - not unlike Ron Pauls underdog bid - and then let him settle into business as usual while his "agents" look for loyal men in his Govt and Military to back his power grab.

(many in all levels of power in the U.S. would jump on such a scheme given the chance - like all of society there are many who find the corruption to go to far among their current bosses - but who see no avenue for reform)

Played right - the candidate could easily seize dictorial power through existing mechanisms - and use his loyalists to run a blitzkreig on his political enemies.

Even Plato suggested a Benevolent Dictator was actually the Highest form of Govt. - with Democracy being the lowest and most untennable.

If you ask me - it is unlikely - the sheeple won't awaken - and those with understanding won't risk singling themselves out to support such a movement - but - if the right tools of marketing were applied - and the sheeple were sufficiently moved - it could in actuality happen and be quite amazingly succesful - a perfect storm as radicial as the movement that forged our young Republic!

Personally I am patiently awaiting the second option - revolution by force or by technological superiority - there are many game changers that could come about as we race towards the Singularity - and chance - as always - favors the prepared mind.

I, and many like-minded individuals, are keeping our options open - our bodies conditioned - and our minds ready for the chance to bring forth a new world order from the ashes of the current Kleptocracies around the world.

Time will tell if we will be succesful - but even in defeat we WILL live on our feet as FREE MEN and never on our knees as slaves to the system!

I encourage those of understanding everywhere to join us - with your wallets as well as your time!

[edit on 31-8-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Burn it to the ground, have money that's actually based on something such as gold or silver, remove career politicians, and outlaw the lobbyist.

That sounds about right doesn't it?

~Keeper

All of this, plus make it illegal to make anything that would be considered a victimless crime into a crime (i.e. drugs).

A law that forbids the government from interfering in private business. If a contract is broken or someone is hurt from a product, then prosecute them on those grounds (i.e. get rid of all regulation).

I don't like how big corporations are getting, but because of how I feel about getting government out of business, I'm not sure how to rectify the two.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It would not work unless you scrap the entire world system. No countries economic system is sound or fair for it's citizens.

We require a global policy change when it comes to economics. A one country fix simply won't work. At least not for very long.

As for the debt, I'd tell China to suck it and tell them it's pay back for making crappy products en masse.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

Dont work dont have children dont have a mortgage and go vegetarian...

There's a nice spot down on the 7th Ave streetcorner for you to hold up your cardboard sign. The others are already there waiting for you.

HOw about we just ransack the houses of the rich and burn them to the ground.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join