It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are our options to reset the system?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
These days there is much talk of changing the status quo. Economic hardship is widespread, many of the middle segment of the world population have seen there quality of life degraded since these engineered bubbles have begun to burst.

This in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, because the result of this is that many have opened there eyes to the massive power that the world oligarchy wields through their control mechanisms.

But now that folks are waking up, what should we do about it?

Let us compare the projected repercussions of these options:

1) Work within the system to try to claw back the rights and power of the individual, where the odds are in favor of the oligarchy; after all, they made the rules.

2) Encourage bankers and politicians to continue along their way, running us eventually into total systemic collapse, so as to start over with a new system.

3) Revolt against these vampires, removing them forcefully from power, so as to start over with a new system.

4) Starve them out, by completely eschewing use of their moneys and infrastructure. (my favorite)

5) Do nothing, if you like the system just fine.

Please modify or combine these, as well as suggest other options.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Burn it to the ground, have money that's actually based on something such as gold or silver, remove carreer politicians, and oulaw the lobyist.

That sounds about right doesn't it?

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

IMHO, the system needs to be completely broken, picked up, and rebuilt. For now, the wife and I have cut our spending to the bone, paying our credit off at an accelerated rate to deny as much interest as possible, we only eat out once a month, and are stuffing away cash. I suggest others do that also.

The people need to vote with their dollars, and stop propping the system up with excessive spending, and reject credit. Once the profits of the large corporations start to drop, and they lose customers, they will change. Perhaps for the worst, maybe for the better.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wish I had the answers, I am affraid it has to give at some point.
Best advice I can give is talk to some really old ppl
Ones that experienced first hand what our gov't did then "last time this happened" and most likely will repeat.
Those ppl will tell ya what was the toughest thing they had to overcome.
And give good advice as to where is a good place to be.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Strong emotional statement with very strong Language..
The Stench of Truth 211 It's time to embrace resistance. Non-compliance on all fronts. Oppose the Orwellian Police state tyranny. Oppose all laws and acts and statutes. Resist at every level. Resist the ultra wealthy, resist the banks, resist the corporations. Resist the eugenics agenda. Resist the malthusian agenda. Resist the FEMA camps. Resist everything. Resist all that does not directly benefit people and has no undertones of eugenics or hidden agenda. There is class warfare but not an ordinary class warfare, it is the ultra wealthy vs. everyone else. It's time to resist. Don't despair they can't ever take away your essential humanity.

He's on the right track

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wow, that makes me just wanna go out and poop on the grass. He's right though. Resist in any way you can, even if it's in a small way. My grandfather (who lived through nazi germany while hiding in the Black Forest, and helping the allies any way he could) said that when the time comes, and that it comes for every country, to resist in any way you can. That those that hold power hate that one little word 'no'. He said to watch your neighbors, because they can become your worst enemies through inaction. I think we are at that turning point now.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dont work dont have children dont have a mortgage and go vegetarian...if enough ppl do this the system will collapse and by doing the above things you will have sent out the message I will not be a pawn in your delusion of grandeur....

[edit on 28-8-2009 by loner007]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

its probably the cartridge, switch off your snes, pull out game, blow in cartridge, re insert game, switch on snes.

unless you spilt something in the reset button and thats why its not working...find someone with thick glasses....they know reset buttons.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We have to remove everyone from office, Democrat & Republican, every election, until they start acting in our interest. Not just some, but everyone! I don't care how much you like someone, vote them out. The message is much more important than an individual.

Do that a few times and all the career politicians will be gone. We will be left with people who just might start doing the right things. Things we should be striving for:

Elimination of all monetary contributions. We need to finance all elections with only tax dollars. No personal money either. Everyone gets equal access to funds, airtime, travel, etc. Lobbyists need to be removed from Washington 100%, Give them an address where they can send a letter espousing their views. If we need their expert opinions we should pay them for it instead of having an interested corporation pay for it. If any political function is neccesary to the performance of an elected official it should be paid for by the goverment. If it is proper to build them a library or something, then the goverment needs to pay for it. Folks caught taking money as compensation for votes need to be charged with treason because that is what it is, a selling out of their constituents.

A refined process for putting together bills and voting on them. How can anyone be totally for or against a bill that is 4000 pages long? There must be many things that both sides disagree on. Let's split bills into managable sections, and vote on those sections one at a time.

For example: Are you in favor of banning the practice of denying coverage based on pre existing conditions? Yea or Nay? Yea's have it. Then have some votes on how exactly to structure such legislation.

Much more needs to be done than this, but just these two items alone would bring a world of change. We need to create a revolving door for politicians at every level of the goverment. It's the only thing that will work. Don't let your personal feelings get in the way by keeping the hometown boy in office. If you do, you are the problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

"The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work again!"

Imho Ralph Nader / Ron Paul style reform has utterly failed for as George Carlin so elequently spoke:

"The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people . . . white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means . . . continue to elect these rich suckers who don’t give a #$!@ about you. They don’t give a #$!@ about you . . . They don’t give a #$!@ about you!"

Therefore we are left with what I see as only 1 of two options:

1) Get an honest man elected president (still possible with enough public pressure) who will then Declare Martial Law and Restore the Constitution to a pre-1913 state.

He will also need to add in new amendments detailing restrictions against using central banks for monetary policy, runaway campaign finance, and against granting rights to non-citizens.

He would also need to nationalize the entire Military Industrial Complex and put it back under the Civilian controlled DoD - making any non DoD entity illegal going forward.

Finally he will need to make Martial Law much more difficult to declare and then lay down his emergency powers before the next election period.

(I think a series of show trials against some of our societites most egregious violaters of the constitution will rally the populous behind these radical actions quite easliy)

and - if the people can't get their act together to elect such a leader than we're left with:

2) Revolution -

Violent or Non-Violent revolution against our current Kleptocracy which replaces the "Old Guard" with new, idealistic blood that restores the Republic to much of it's former Glory.

Now many may say Revolution is unrealistic or too extreme - however as we approach the Singularity - paradigm changing technologies could come into the right civilian hands - which could provide leverage against a slower, and thoroughly corrupt, Govt. in power.

(of course we can't predict what that would be - but certainly an advanced A.I. could give an idealistic Civilian group control of most technology on the planet through, essentially, perfect and untraceable hacks at will for instance)

Those are the only two realistic routes to change that I can see - though I am always open to another if it presents itself.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A presentation that summarizes many of the main points in Dr. Ron Paul's book, The Revolution: A Manifesto

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And another video you really should take the time to watch

We don't have much time left
we need to do something now before we are defenseless and unable to raise a finger in opposition

[edit on 28-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

sounds like option 3, my major concern with that is what do we do with foriegn debt? We would definitely have to work something out with China.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

A little bit of option 4 there. I lean toward this one because it means that we don't have to OFFER violence, but only RESPOND to violence that will be offered by TPTB.

If we withhold our wealth from the bankers and corporations that run the government, then they will be starved out eventually.

The problem with this approach is that they have the laws arranged so that you have no choice but to patronize their business. Their tentacles are spread throughout the food, housing, and energy sectors. But definitely don't buy anything that's not necessary, all while working towards becoming as independent as possible.

But rest assured, before they allow this they will offer violence. Case in point: Ed and Elaine Brown

[edit on 28-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Democracy is inherently flawed due to one simple fact:

The nature of a Politician, be it benevolent or malevolent, is that of a species unto it's own identity.. Greed, Power Consolidating, Self Righteous, Self Pleasuring and Corrupt are synonymous with any man who can attain such a lofty position as President.. even if he tells you everything you want to hear, no matter what he promises.. he is inherently flawed, and will always work against the greater good of the Republic. In a Democracy votes must be wooed, they must be bought or coerced, the politician must beg and promises must be made.. Ultimately this means the Politician, no matter his title, is a Debtor to the Creditor, and will always serve a higher master.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Going to add your idea to my list. I will call it "1,000 grains of sand, gumming up the gears."

Tiny bits of piecemeal resistance, like parasites on a bloated, greedy animal. I like it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

Man, there are so many variables in that scenario that would have to be regulated, I don't know. in between any one of those steps a wrench could be thrown in the works. I appreciate the detail, but I'm not sure if we have time to make all that work. Star for effort though bro.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Democracy is inherently flawed due to one simple fact:

The nature of a Politician, be it benevolent or malevolent, is that of a species unto it's own identity.. Greed, Power Consolidating, Self Righteous, Self Pleasuring and Corrupt are synonymous with any man who can attain such a lofty position as President.. even if he tells you everything you want to hear, no matter what he promises.. he is inherently flawed, and will always work against the greater good of the Republic. In a Democracy votes must be wooed, they must be bought or coerced, the politician must beg and promises must be made.. Ultimately this means the Politician, no matter his title, is a Debtor to the Creditor, and will always serve a higher master.

So does anyone have any ideas how we could transition to a representative system that isn't based on who has the most lobbying dollars, or who is the best liar? I am a fairly young dude and not well versed in political history, maybe someone knows of an current or historical example that works/worked.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

To prevent continuous corruption you must have absolute corruption.

No, no such system exist that is free of corruption, in any form of government, least of all a Representative Democracy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, first of all, I believe the parties need to be disbanded. People who run for office should be independents who have platforms they believe will be in the best interests of American citizens. Government has gotten too complicated with committees for this, committies for that--new laws for this and new laws for that, pork belly projects, ballots that pass something horrid hidden on a ballot that people will mostly agree with. Why do we need new laws all the time? If we respect the constitution then we need to abide by it. If you don't like people having guns, thats tough, we were born a nation with that inalieable right. Stop the alteration of the freedoms that we have left.

The polititians in Oklahoma spent time deciding on the state vegetable.....ridiculous, and we paid them a nice salary to decide that issue.

Vote no on everything, stop the game. Abide by the Constitution and leave it alone...no changing. Don't participate in rallies nor contribute to their pocketbook. Write your congressman and tell them what you really think of their practices, their votes and how they are not representing the people of your state fairly.

Above all, don't allow a charismatic politician to become your leader.

Unite as a nation and stop breaking off into minority groups that politicians feed on for votes. A minority that votes for a politician because he speaks a little in your language, or votes for someone whose platform agrees with your personal lifestyle, or votes because they promise to stop a war or balance the budget and raise the taxes on higher income individuals and lower taxes for middle income individuals is simply a wasted vote.

Okay, I am starting to ramble, sorry, but I hope you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join