It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on the famous Machersons home video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We all know its fake but when i was 12 years old i saw this for the first time on local TV and was so scared
www.youtube.com...

I remember seeing another home video on the show Sighting i believe where there was a family birthday party and aliens came from the woods nearby, the family shot some alien and carried a body in the house. Any links to that vidoe?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why intentionaly put up a hoax in the UFO board? There is BTS which has all kinds of areas for general discussion.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gladius

I didn't see anything worth discussing in that video, except perhaps a power outage and a racist family.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This tape has been of much controversy, however it appears that ALL copies are fake and the whole incident is nothing more than a very severe misinterpretation of a docudrama. This from the director, Dean Alioto, of the original 'tape':

Mr. Alioto replied and was gracious enough to let me publish his response on the website. So here we go, the true story behind the infamous abduction video.

Hey Chad,

Here is the whole unedited strange story of how my 1989 $6,500 video entitled UFO Abduction became the UPN special, Alien Abduction: Incident In Lake County...

In 1988 I was headed for my 25th birthday and I had not yet made my first feature film -- this 25th year mark is crucial for most filmmakers as it was the age that, Orson Wells, Coppola, Scorsese, Spielberg all had made their first films by. Unlike them, I had a budget that equaled the size of craft service for a day on a studio feature film. One night after reading the latest books on the UFO phenomenon (Communion, Missing Time, and the books of Jacques Vale), I came up with the idea of making the most realistic movie on UFO abduction ever made. The best part of the idea was that it could be done for my miniscule budget. I wrote an outline of twenty action beats based on the claimed abduction experience. I hired a group of skilled improve actors, except for myself who played the 16 year old shooting the video, and shot the direct-to-video movie in one night, in one continuous take, on 8mm video. The guy who created the UFO craft and aliens has since gone on to be the production designer for the recent live-action Scooby-Doo films -- Bill Boes.

Here's where things get "strange". The video actually got distributed. However, a few months later the distribution company burned to the ground. I lost my 1 inch master tape and all of my artwork, leaving me with my original tapes and a 3/4 inch copy. I figured, "Oh, well -- time to move on" and forgot about my first attempt at a feature film. Five years later, 1994, I begin getting calls from Unsolved Mysteries, Hard Copy, and a show called Encounters. They all want to know if I knew who had found some mysterious UFO tape that had been passed around the UFO community for the past five years. The tape, without a title or credits, was believed by many people to be real footage of an alien abduction.

When I finally stopped laughing and told them no one had found the tape, that I had made it and own the rights, they told me what my little video had been up to. Apparently, someone -- much more crafty than myself -- had made an edited bootleg copy of my video and injected it into the UFO community, hyping it all the way to the 1993 International UFO Congress Convention where it brought the house down. A Lieutenant Colonel with 40 years military intelligence, who was on the panel at the convention, determined right there that the tape was real! When I tried to ascertain how all this happened no one was able to find "patient zero" -- the person who bootlegged the tape. I was aware that a few sample copies were made in 1989 by the distributor, before the company was burned, and that these copies were sent out to a few mom and pop video stores around the country. That's was it.

www.badmovieplanet.com...

You can also see the IMDB profile of the movie here: www.imdb.com...

Apparently, as I said, this who incident is nothing more than a misunderstanding of an original fictional film, which then spread even more when someone made a bootlegged copy and distributed it. Then from there another film was made and so forth. From all information I have read on this tape it appears that there is NOTHING factual about ANY of the videos. Of course I would love to be proven wrong here, although I do not see it happening in this case. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong in my understandings of this case however.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Hopkinsville alien/leprechaun attack, which was "real," is a lot more interesting study. Demon-like critters getting shot at by a bunch of hillbillies. That's good stuff!

Hopkinsville Aliens

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i believe the actors even have credits at the end, i used to think the video was real and there are 11 parts of this video to the guy who only watched part 1

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gladius

Yea, I gotta say that after all the research people have put into this video it appears that it is indeed a misunderstanding of a fictional alien abduction.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It was the worst movie ive ever seen.
honestly i couldnt stop laughing all the way through

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
with the low view count this video has i guess not many people have seen it, and probably a lot of people remember it , it had to be before 97 though i think it came out in 96

top topics

join