It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video:'Alien baby' stumps experts - is it just an elaborate hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Is it real or Memorex?

Is this bizarre creature really an alien baby or just part of an elaborate hoax - and was it the cause of a mysterious revenge death?

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
there's already a topic about this. and yeah its interesting but likely a hoax...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Says the man who ran into this thing was scared and so killed it by drowning it in a ditch, but he had to hold it underwater for hours?

Something about that doesn't sit right with me. If he was so scared, how would he have been able to hold it under the water for hours? Wouldn't he have been desensitized to the creature after such a long time and no longer be as afraid, thus giving him no reason to kill the creature?

I dunno, seems like a hoax to me. The drowning bit was just included to give 'evidence' that the creature was lizard-like in that it could stay under water for long periods of time.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Good Day P.

Originally posted by platipus
there's already a topic about this. and yeah its interesting but likely a hoax...

My bad; I did a search and didn't see anything . . . apologies mods.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus

Can you link me? I searched too and didn't find it.

Lots of similar topics, but I couldn't find the same video. Probably a different headline.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Probably a hoax, but the story even made it to a well-known Belgian newspaper. There must be some truth in that story, because that particular newspaper (Het Nieuwsblad) rarely puts in stories about alien sightings, ufo sightings and so on.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well i have to say hoax. It is importiant to note that the 50 foot radius around Jaime Maussan is filled with fail and hoaxes. A test for anyone who is on the fence about anything ET related only has to ask themselves is Jaime Maussan involved, if the answer is yes leave it alone if the answer is no you might be on the something. Im a believer in aliens and that whole thing but i see nothing that seperated this from the hundreads of other little plastic alien pictures.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

When I first read about this, I read that it was drowned in a bucket of water. Variations of stories usually don't bode well for authenticity.

I'm glad you posted it though, because it is a bit of an update.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Looks fake to me. Also, consider that the source provided is the website of a German yellow press newspaper, known and proved in the past to invent news stories and print all sorts of lies and stories without any research. Combine that with the diminished credibility of the presenter in the video and it's pretty conclusive that this is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

I'm not sure if any of ATS members live near/in forested areas. I have some relatives living near forests. Aliens exist in many species.

One of many encounters, she saw a family of small humans (approx 50cm tall) walking naked among the trees.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

...handed the corpse over to university scientists who carried out DNA tests and scans...

which university? who carried out the tests?
it's sad they left out important info like this, so the reader has absolutely no way of verifying what the article presents...

maybe it would be worth it to try and find the original footage aired on the "Mexican TV", see if they present any of the missing info... until then, i say hoax.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Mon-Key....

Monkey ugga bugga.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
For anyone wanting a link to the story that was previously posted;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most posters came to the conclusion it was a small monkey like many that can be found in South America possibly a Marmoset or something similar.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How about using search before posting? That would debunk a lot of things.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

2nd.

What???

3rd.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

2nd.

Another incredibly effective search method is to actually read the thread prior to responding. I understand 12 response posts to the OP can seem a bit daunting, but had they been checked, mention of the search function, in one way or another, exists in at least 25% of them (now we're up to nearly 50%).

It is sometimes difficult to find particular items within the search function if titles, keywords are varied, but it is almost always possible to know if you're repeating things within a thread by simply reading it.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Wonderer77]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I think Frank Warren is allowed to make the occasional oversight without snarky criticism. He's one of the few genuine legends in UFO research. Some will disagree, but I think he's earned his respect by years of UFO investigation. A classic door to door investigator.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh, I'm not being offensive, I was just kidding around. lol

And yes, I agree that the search function isn't friendly at all. If you put "UFO captures aircraft" nothing appears, but if you put "UFO abducts aircraft" you see almost all of the threads about that.

I was just taking my chance to make the search joke.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I love the title of the article. Who are these "experts"? I didn't realize that there were experts in the field of identifying alien bodies. Who exactly are these experts? Are they biologists? Have they analyzed the carcass via DNA or morphology? Or did they just look at photographs and shrug their shoulders?

Just my 2-cents

top topics

<<   2 >>

join