It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture, your pets and belongings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I found something funny. A company willing to take care of your pets after the Rapture
eternal-earthbound-pets.com...

I do believe in the Rapture but this is just plain obvious to be a scam!

But it had me wondering: have people already made serious plans and written their 'succession' rights in case they are taken? If you do believe it may happen anytime soon, have you taken the steps to help the ones close to you after you are gone?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Funny.... A guy at work was just talking about doing something like this... he will be mad that someone is already doing it... beat him to the punch.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
lol, the rapture is a lie of dispen-satan-alism.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't want to be raptured by anything that wont allow an innocent sweet pet into his exclusive club. I would compare this company to all other insurance companies. They both are kind of going off the same principle.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

Care to prove that the rapture won't happen?

A link to articles and people saying it won't happen isn't proof.

I don't know if it will happen or not. If you are 100% sure it will not happen I would like to see some concrete proof it won't.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
show me a verse that says it will happen before the tribulation and i'll believe it.

the truth is...
" Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."
----matthew 24:29 - 31

immediatly after the tribulation, the elect are gathered.

AFTER, not before.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that you don't have any concrete proof that it isn't going to happen.

Thats all you have to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

i just showed you concrete proof, read the freaking verse. it says the rapture is after clearly right there.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

You quoted a bible verse which was written by man in a book that is full of contridictions.

You may have missed this part of my original post so I will post again.

A link to articles and people saying it won't happen isn't proof.

I want concrete proof. For example if I said I don't believe there are such things as maple trees. You would be able to provide concrete proof that they do in fact exist.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

how can you deny the truth of the bible, yet believe the rapture is supported by scripture? go ahead. pick and choose your warm and fuzzy teletubby doctrines of demons. cherrypick verses that make you feel safe and secure. go ahead and live in wonderland where you make up truth. you think your smarter than christ? HAH!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Don't go all Evangelistic on me.

I didn't say I believed the rapture was or wasn't going to happen. I said that before.

But if you want to convince someone who is neither an atheist, theist or any other type of ist then you need to bring something a little stronger then a bible verse.

I find it funny that I get the same reaction from atheist when I question why they are so sure their isn't a God and I ask for concrete proof.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i can't prove it to you if you don't believe in christ. sorry.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The true believers will not suffer thru the tribulation, because his church

has to be taken out of the way. The unsaved will suffer his wrath.

That being said.....please stay on topic with the Thread title!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Never said I didn't believe in Christ either.

On topic since truth/seeker decided to play mod(I thought the rapture was the topic).

Since these guys know they won't be taken in the rapture you might as well leave your pets and belongings to them. From what I understand the plagues and what not won't leave to much time for them to enjoy them anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So what I want to know is this. See, the Rapture is supposed to take the good folks directly up to heaven, so they can avoid the Tribulation (if I understand right). At least, it's the good folks who will be Raptured, which means the bad folks are the ones who will be left.

Now, let's say I'm a good Christian who knows he's going to get Raptured. Would I want to entrust my pets to the care of the people I *know* aren't good (since all the good ones are already Raptured)? Do I want some hellbound sinner to walk my Fluffy?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Never said I didn't believe in Christ either.

dude, make up your mind sometime. you have to believe in something or what's the point of life?
are you at least fervently seeking truth?
if you fervently seek truth with an open mind and an unselfish humble attitude, truth will be revealed to you.
or do you just like it like this, being the perpetual skeptic, never having a firm belief to guide you?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Spiritfilled]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: If your Gods going to rapture you then I'm sure he can fix any percieved booboo that your pets may or may not endure! Depends on how nicely you ask him I suppose!

Personal Disclosure: If your going to have faith for yourself why the hell not include having faith for your pets?
:shk: Didn't Jesus mention God taking care of the needs of the birds of the field and that he will take care of us as well?
Seems to me your pets are already covered by your God!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I have a belief.

My belief is that I have to work and provide for my wife and soon to be born child. They are my religion. What happens to me when I die? Nobody can tell me for sure. All I am sure of is that the only people I am devouted to are them.

If there is a rapture and that doesn't grant my way into heaven then I as long as I did right by them then I couldn't ask for anything more.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Not everyone left behind will be hell bound. The tribulation is just that...a time of great trials and tribulations. Even if you think you will be taken in the rapture, you can't be sure of anyone else, mo matter how close you are to them. But everyone will have a chance to redeem themselves, if only they can stand as Christ would in tribulation. It will be a tough row to hoe...especially for parents.

About the pets and belongings, whether rapture or death takes you, make a will, it's better for all concerned.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by SheaWolf]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ouch. Religious debate by the 4th post. Anyway, back on topic:

My friend and I had this idea a week or two ago
Although I don't believe the rapture will happen, I know some people do very strongly, and this would be a good way to scam...erm...capitalize on the whole concept. I wonder how one becomes a 'representative' and if I see the money up front

new topics

top topics

join