It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP source: Obama to nominate Bernanke to 2nd term

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

OAK BLUFFS, Mass. – An Associated Press source says President Barack Obama plans to nominate Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to a second term. Obama is to make the announcement on Tuesday during a break from his vacation on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. The source is a senior administration official who discussed the announcement late Monday on the condition of anonymity.

news.yahoo.com...

This is great news. The man who saved us all will get another term! I'm glad that he will be rewarded for funneling billions of dollars to banks all over the world!

Go USA!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow...this certainly follows Obama's theme of "CHANGE" doesnt it?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I just find it insane that with much of the public waking up to the corruption happening at the Fed that he would reappoint him...but then again...he just appointed a former Union leader to the Federal Reserve bank of new york.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well this sucks! Bernenke belongs in a federal prison. I think obama is doing this, becuase theirs no one else who knows it all like the back of their hand, so to speak. Or, thier still messin with us and wall street, who would know how it all works best? Bernenke! make ya wonder, what theyve planned out for us for the next 7 years or so

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
rope is cheaper than bullets

wake up Ben

your next

where's your afterlife

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Since Ben isn't even up for replacement until January, this is extremely early to make this announcement.

I think it's designed to draw attention away from the Federal Judge ruling:

Aug. 24 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve must make public reports about recipients of emergency loans from U.S. taxpayers under programs created to address the financial crisis, a federal judge ruled.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You think it is too late to petition Obama to nominate Ron Paul.

This is the kind of Czar I would like to see running the FED Reserve.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree but I bet he would just appoint another Goldman Sach's exec if he wasnt going to appoint Bernake again. Isnt it interesting how just in the past couple of weeks we saw a big pro Bernake push in the media. How Bernake saved us from the brink! lol

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ya Ben is fantastic

this is great news!

If you run in 2012 I'll vote for you D...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

It could be Red...it is quite a bit early for him to make the announcement. He could also be testing the waters to see what criticism this may get as well...

I made a thread for that here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You think it is too late to petition Obama to nominate Ron Paul. This is the kind of Czar I would like to see running the FED Reserve.

If he were to do that I would crap my pants.

Of course that will NEVER happen...would be crazy if it did though!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Now, that my friend, would be true change.

Change we CAN believe in.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

I agree but I bet he would just appoint another Goldman Sach's exec if he wasnt going to appoint Bernake again. Isnt it interesting how just in the past couple of weeks we saw a big pro Bernake push in the media.

True! GS's has taken part in many of the recessions since the great depression..in fact..many blame them for causing them in the first place. Too bad Obama needed them to get into office.

It's not just Bernanke either...Greenspan should be in prison as well...along with many others.

Eventually their will be a day of reckoning...but who knows when that will happen or how it will turn out.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Now that is a scary thought. Thanks for the vote of confidence MM!! I have a hard enough time keeping my own checks and balances straight let alone take care of the whole country's finances!

But damn...I would change MANY things.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah...he just turned 74. He's probably to old to run for President again, although even if he was dead he'd do a better job than most.
I'd love to see him in charge of monetary policy though. That would be great.

I've been taking a bit of a look at his son who is running for Senate in Kentucky. His politics are a bit different than his fathers though and I"m not sure what to think of him yet, although as far as I know he seems like a legit person. Too early to tell yet though.

He could possibly be our next President. I'm looking at all of our other options...and yikes...they don't look good...not at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh damn, tomorrow is the official FDIC account statement!!

That may be part of the reason for the timing, esp since the FDIC is officially bankrupt

www.scribd.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I heard about that today. 80 or so banks have closed down so far this year as of now...although I haven't had any near my area that I know of.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mental modulator

Now that is a scary thought. Thanks for the vote of confidence MM!! I have a hard enough time keeping my own checks and balances straight let alone take care of the whole country's finances!

But damn...I would change MANY things.

Well I'm sure you could get it in the couple ten billion $$$ range,,, precision in comparison.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Obama told to nominate Bernacke to a 2nd term"? The Fed calls all the shots behind closed doors anyway. It really doesn't matter if it's Bernacke or not, I look at it this way, we'll have a lot more videos of Ron Paul schooling Bernacke in house hearings and if we're lucky enough Rand Paul and Peter Schiff in the senate grilling him, that'd almost be worth PPV

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Peter Schiff doesn't like it:

top topics

join