It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls for Scotland Boycott Increase

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Increasing reaction over the release of bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi. It will be interesting to see how far this goes.

Firstly a story from the Associated Content:

www.associatedcontent.com...

And now a web site set up specifically to encourage a boycott:

www.boycottscotland.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Can't we just boycott politicians?

Why make the humble folk suffer when our dear leaders know exactly what is best for us?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Personally, I have no problem with anything Scotland did. They let the guy go. Big deal. Like it would help anyone if he died in prison - or like it helps him to allow him to go home to die.

People have their values seriously warped. Leave Scotland alone. Don't punish anyone for showing compassion.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Surely not, i cant see the fat cats letting a nice fine triple malt, 20 y.o Scotch whisky go the way of the Cuban cigar.

Maybe though, stranger things have happened.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don’t see how the boycott will affect anyone involved in the terrible decision to free a potential mass murderer. I was also disgusted with the reaction of the Libyan media and the heroes welcome he got.

However the decision has been made and the only place to lay the blame is at the door of MacAskill the Scottish Justice Secretary and also Gordon Brown the spineless PM. I think this decision was made too quickly and without thought about foreign feelings on the matter and will without a doubt have an impact on tourism next year.

In my personal opinion I believed Megrahi was a patsy and there was a lot of people involved in the bombing including Gadaffi however showing compassion to Megrahi is sending a very strange message to terrorists. Regardless of if he acted alone or was part of a larger conspiracy, for any involvement in the bombing he should have died in Jail.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
the USA voted in George W Bush for 2 terms!! whats more criminal than that...........

why punish Scotlands great people just because there are some crooked politicians?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh the irony !

I think the decision to release him was based also on the widespread suspicions that he was not guilty www.guardian.co.uk... this is an article from 1997 in the guardian newspaper by a scottish MP and writer for the New Scientist magazine (Tam Dalyell) who was investigating the bombing at the time. I guess he still has influence with his scottish collegues.

The call for a boycott, imo, is also to distract attention away from the CIA drug smuggling operation that was using an operative in Frankfurt airport as a baggage handler.

From the article

"Those gangs had infiltrated an American drugs sting operation, by which heroin was taken from the Beka'a, via the Rhein-Main airport in Frankfurt and into the United States. They got hold of a very naive first-time courier; his name was Khaled Jafar. The young man was told that he would be met by "friends" when he reached Frankfurt. He took with him a Samsonite case of the very type that was to feature in the fatal accident inquiry and in the Lockerbie case. The so-called friends took him for, doubtless, a lovely day in Heidelberg and the Neckar valley, during which time other friends - the Neuss gang, for it was they, and Marwen Khreesat in particular - changed the contents from heroin to Semtex. Crucially, the Samsonite case was exempted luggage because of the arrangement at a very high level of the American and German Governments. That is how it got through the usual careful procedures at the Frankfurt airport."

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dear America,
please boycott ignorance instead.

Is Megrahi a mass murderer?
Is Megrahi the fall guy?

So, Scotland releases a terminally ill man who quite probably isn't guilty of the crime he was charged with.

Next there'll be people ordering 'freedom' on the rocks at your nearest colonial bar.

the closed mindedness and sheer stupidity of the human race astounds me sometimes.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Honestly, does every thread have to bring up George Bush? It's really time to move on and join us in the present.

On topic, to me it seems silly to boycott Scotland over this. I think it would be better to make your disapproval explicitly understood by those who made the decision. My wife does it to me frequently and it works.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People lets stop this running in circles in our primitive minds.
Lets start exploring the infinite depth of our hearts where we will all return Home.

And refer to my signature please

Thank you and I love you all

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
Lets start exploring the infinite depth of our hearts where we will all return Home.

Go read your own signature and stop calling people primitive.

Thanks

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"Cover-up of Convenience: The Hidden Scandal of Lockerbie"

www.wsws.org...

Also details the CIA drug running connections and much of the evidence that wasnt allowed into the public domain during the court hearing.

An innocent man may have been released and its not too late to find out some of the truth behind who was really involved.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by ANTHONY33

Go read your own signature and stop calling people primitive.

Thanks

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

As is my mind...

That's why I try to live in my heart.

Thank you for interacting with my statement.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
And this is a piece from from the review. www.wsws.org...

What the authors do is to cite 25 questions to which any genuinely independent inquiry must seek answers. These include:

* the circumstances of the warnings given prior to the disaster.

* the circumstances of the booking changes for Pik Botha’s entourage, and McKee and Gannon.

* the drug and cash finds at Lockerbie.

* the possibility of an extra body, the circumstances under which bodies were moved, and the circumstances of wrong police evidence given against David Fieldhouse at the 1989 Fatal Accident Inquiry.

* why Transport Secretary Paul Channon was able to announce that arrests were imminent and why Margaret Thatcher blocked a full judicial enquiry?

* the relationship of the British MI6 to the Iran Contra deals and why was the Foreign office official in charge of liaising with the US on Iran-Contra, Andrew Green, was put in charge of the Lockerbie investigation.

* the role of the CIA and MI6 in hostage deals made after the exposure of Iran Contra in 1986 and 1991.

* why Juval Aviv and others were never interviewed by the investigation authorities about the bombing. What were the circumstances of legal cases brought against Aviv and others?

* why did it take a year for the MeBo circuit board to be discovered, what were the circumstances of its discovery, and what were the connections between MeBo’s Edwin Bollier and the CIA?

* why did the CIA and the Scottish Lord Advocate seek to block access to CIA cables that were helpful to the defence?

Under conditions where the US government is refusing to investigate its own intelligence failures leading up to the September 11 terror attacks, any exposure of a possible CIA role in aircraft terrorism clearly assumes great significance. Earlier this year, al-Megrahi’s appeal against his conviction was thrown out, despite defence evidence that made a strong circumstantial case for the bomb having been loaded at Heathrow airport in London.

Following Tam Dalyell’s question in parliament, on March 26, there is a suggestion that police evidence relating to Lockerbie is being destroyed, and that yet another suitcase owned by another Special Forces member, Joseph Patrick Murphy, was at one point early in the investigation thought to contain the bomb.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi guys,
I'm Scottish, and I can't remember the last time I felt this angry about any particular topic.
There seems to be an up-swelling of bad feeling directed to Scotland and the Scottish people, in response to "Lockerbie Bomber" Al Megrahi being released.
This is being publicised, as being directed by the friends and families of those lost in the bombing (although I'm not convinced that it is).
Do the American families, friends and relatives, of many of the victims of the Lockerbie bombing (PanAm103), not realise that several Scottish Lives were lost too?
Do they not realise that this atrocity was commited in Scottish airspace, over Scottish Land?
Do they not realise that there is a very substantial body of evidence, pointing to the fact that Al Megrahi had nothing whatsoever to do with the bombing of this flight?
Do they not realise that Megrahi has always proclaimed his innocence?
That Col. Gaddafi and the Libyan state have also always proclaimed his innocence?
Do they not realise that the Scottish judicial system has a proud history of compassion and release for proven terminally ill prisoners?
Do they not realise that the decision to release Al Megrahi was made by ONE MAN? (Kenny MacAskill, Justice Secretary of Scotland)
Do they not realise that the Libyan people were celebrating Megrahi's release because They Believe That He Is Innocent?
Do they not realise that NO ONE in Scotland is mocking the victims or victims families?
Do they not realise that, there is the distinct possibility that THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT was directly involved in the actual bombing of the flight?
Do they not realise that stirring up this anger and hatred towards the people of Scotland, who had to literally endure death falling from the skies over Lockerbie that day, is both seriously wrong, and completely un-justifiable in any sense?
Do they not see the stupidity in labelling Scotland and the Scottish people as being friends of terrorism when Scottish soldiers have for many years been standing shoulder to shoulder with American troops in anti-terrorism actions across the globe, and to this day in Iraq and Afghanistan?

If Al Megrahi is indeed guilty of the murder of 270 people, then it is my firm personal belief that he should NEVER have been released. And I would guess that 99% of my fellow Scots would feel the same way.
BUT
It seems clear to me, that the Justice Secretary, Kenny MacAskill, perhaps knows something that we do not?
What if, for example, MacAskill knows that Al Megrahi is innocent?
And that Libya knows he is innocent?
That there has been a cover-up by CIA etc?
Al Megrahi is dying.
He would have been made a Martyr if he died in custody, and there may well have been reprisals?

The alternative that is being suggested, is that MacAskill, Salmond, Brown, The Scottish Government, The UK Government, and the Scottish and UK population are all suddenly "supporters of terrorism" who are mocking the American victims families?? (Whilst ignoring the Scottish victims and their families??)

I feel physically sick right now, so my rant is temporarily over.

peace.

G

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I want to see all Americans proponents of this bizarre boycott follow this through to the letter and boycott television and Penicillin.

Then i'll believe in their commitment to the cause.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

And now a web site set up specifically to encourage a boycott:

www.boycottscotland.com...

I would instead urge all Americans to read this website:

www.boycottscotland.co.uk...

Meanwhile, is it not ironic that US Presidents attended the funeral of Teddy Kennedy who financed the deaths of many more people through terrorist outrages ......

I guess if the USA finance the murder of Britons it's okay?

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Will you be boycotting Scottish oil?

I also believe it was a Scottish chap that invented the lav/bog/john/can/etc
Will you be boycotting that too?

Petition, lobby and debate yes, but boycotting is just plain childish.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by butch_uk]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Boycott Whiney Americans!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by CRB86]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So they let a terminally ill guy go. He has a few months left, maybe. Big deal. Big uproar over nothing, IMO. Can't believe there's a call for a boycott. As for the Scottish boycott, what is there to boycott, Scotch Whiskey and Haggis?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join