It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Design your ideal President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
While helping my son with his homework last week, I started thinking about all of the different types of Presidents we have had. Some who were good, some great and others that were, well, they sucked. What I am curious about is if you were going to create the ideal President based on previous Presidents, which trait(s) would you take from them and instill into the "ideal" President? I created 8 characterists/traits to use for this.

charisma > a personal charm and magnetism (attractiveness), along with innate and powerfully sophisticated abilities of interpersonal communication and persuasion.

wit > a form of intellectual humour

intelligence > the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn. There are several ways to define intelligence. In some cases, intelligence may include traits such as creativity, personality, character, knowledge, or wisdom.

honesty > speaking truth and creating trust in minds of others. This includes all varieties of communication, both verbal and non-verbal. Honesty implies a lack of deceit

patriotism > love of and/or devotion to one's country

leadership > described as the “process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task”. fulfill three functions: the leader must provide for the well-being of the led, provide a social organization in which people feel relatively secure, and provide a set of beliefs.

generous > liberal in giving or sharing; unselfish

attractiveness > the perception of the physical traits of an individual person as aesthetically pleasing

I can tell you that the existing and most recent Presidents wouldn't be included in this. For "generous", I would use Lincoln. "Charisma" would be Clinton. "Honesty".... yikes... No idea. "Patriotism" and "leadership", give me Eisenhower.

That is based on my limited time on earth (30 years), what I remember from school and what I have picked up over the years. There has to be those on here that have more knowledge and experience then I do. I would love to read your thoughts on this. If there are different "traits" that you think should be included, please let me know.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My ideal for a president would be someone that would hold the values of our Constitution as paramount. A person that firmly believed that no one is served when the Constitution is usurped by dubious directives and laws.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

What would you be willing to sacrifice to have a President like that? If you could have a prez that was all about the constitution but was known to be slow thinking, fooled around and didn't have much pull with other countries, would that work?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I know he's not an American, although these days that doesn't appear to matter, but here would be my suggestion for who would make an ideal president for your country - I would have him as my Prime Minister in the blink of an eye.

Jeremy Clarkson.

Clarkson - Wikipedia

The man is just the sort of person we need in charge to sort out the mess that the world is currently in.

Check out his Volkswagen Scirocco ad...

The man is clearly a genius.

He needs to run a country ASAP.

Ideal president/PM/dictator.

Cado.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by cado angelus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

What would you be willing to sacrifice to have a President like that? If you could have a prez that was all about the constitution but was known to be slow thinking, fooled around and didn't have much pull with other countries, would that work?

Sacrifice? What would be sacrificed if a president followed the letter of the Constitution? As far as slow thinking goes,I would much rather have someone give a problem a CONSIDERED response.Instead of rushing to judgment and throwing money at the problem. I don't care either way about "fooling around" That is their business. As far as having pull with other countries: Does it really matter? Do you think international dialouge depends on whether you are well liked,or whether it is advantagous for the parties involved? No one is going to have everyone like them all the time. Just a fact of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Someone who is enlightened and sees the good in humanity. Someone who sees we are all connected on a human level.
Someone who has not always been rich but knew what it was like as an adult to be poor and suffer.
Someone whol really wants to see change in our country.
Someone who realizes money is just a tool to use and not place so much importance on it.
Somone who realizes he or she is a public servant of the people and not the great powerful ruler.
Someone who is more than just skin deep but is very philosphical.

I truly believe anyone elected for any sort of public office should live on minium wage for one year before taking that office.
The problem we have with current politicans is that they are drastically out of touch. The president has no clue what is like to be an averge american in this recession.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A Social Libertarian. Small government that is only there for the purpose of making sure all Americans have a basic minimum to preserve life, liberty and property.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I do disagree with the president being attractive. Looks has no bearing on how well he or she can perform the job. It is more about personal hygiene. The president should be well groomed but beyond that it does not matter if he or she is plain. They can be 400 lbs for all I care; I just want them to do the jobe well.
I can name several not so attrative presidents. In fact most presidents were not that attractive. That was why the women made such a big deal over John F Kennedy because thy thought he was good looking.
After him I hear women remark on the candiates looks. OH Barack Obama has such a cute smile etc. It is disgusting!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

My Ideal president would be a committee of 50. One person from among the citizens of each state. Each state would have a constant online nomination site where citizens could state their agendas. On voteing day, you would only vote for the person from your state who you think holds americas ideals. Then we send them all to washingon to join the presidential committee. That way the fate of america would never be in the hands of one looney toon.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul all the way.Go watch his debates on you tube.There isnt one thing he says I disagree with.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

That's really a good idea. Not sure that any prez (former, present or future) would dare to do that. I do believe the prez benefits/compensation should match that of his performance.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

We agree, trust me. I was just playing devil's advocate. Trying to see what people would be willing to "give up" to have a prez that was ideal. That is why i listed those 8 attributes above. Not saying anyone has to meet all 8 just which parts of former presidents would you take to make "the ideal" prez. I am all for someone to get into office and actually read and follow the constitution.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

I do disagree with the president being attractive. Looks has no bearing on how well he or she can perform the job. It is more about personal hygiene. The president should be well groomed but beyond that it does not matter if he or she is plain. They can be 400 lbs for all I care; I just want them to do the jobe well.
I can name several not so attrative presidents. In fact most presidents were not that attractive. That was why the women made such a big deal over John F Kennedy because thy thought he was good looking.
After him I hear women remark on the candiates looks. OH Barack Obama has such a cute smile etc. It is disgusting!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by dreamseeker]

Good points. Like I was telling another poster on here, I was just naming off 8 attributes that may go into the "ideal" candidate and how important they were to you. I could care less about how hot they were as long as they were for the American people and using the power we gave them in the manners identified by the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

join