It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kansascity.com: Obama's health care bill falls into a coma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist Summer vacation came just in time for President Barack Obama. His health care reform bill has slipped into a coma. That's too bad for the American people, who deserve a far better health care system than they have now. Yet check out what Obama and his supporters find themselves up against in late August: -- Critics on the right, from the Republicans who were never going to support upending the status quo in America's costly health care system. -- Critics from the middle, the Blue Dog Democrats who claim they want economic savings in any health care bill. These are the same Democrats who watched impotently as President George Bush and Republicans escalated the national deficit earlier this decade. -- And, finally, critics on the left. These are the liberals who want an expansive program to serve those without insurance, and definitely want a government-offered health insurance option. Obama can only hope that, in the next few days while he's on vacation, some of the hubris over the issue dies down. Just don't count on it.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I see many advantages with a NHS based system and at the same time I see possible disadvantages, so I honestly do not know.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I want to take this opportunity to thank Sarah Palin for killing this bill!
Ever since she spoke out about the "Death Panels", support for this monstrosity has plummetted!

Wonder if Mr. Obama's administration have their own "End of Life Decision" for this bill?

[edit on 23-8-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I want to take this opportunity to thank Sarah Palin for killing this bill!
Ever since she spoke out about the "Death Panels", support for this monstrostiy has plummetted!

Wonder if Mr. Obama's administration have their own "End of Life Decision" for this bill?

AMEN!

In celebration I am going to slam my hand in the door jam so I can go partake in some
$50 Aspirin capsules!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If it's in a coma does that mean a death panel will review the case and if it's too expensive to keep alive we will have to pull the plug on it?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If it's in a coma does that mean a death panel will review the case and if it's too expensive to keep alive we will have to pull the plug on it?

Why yes, I am very thankful that the death panel is gracious enough to proceed with treatment on IRAQ, tis a testament to their fine decision making capacities. No doubt
business will benefit from the influx of labor such efforts will provide. FF, let me know if I can pick you up some Asprin...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That says it all.

Starred

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Its not in a come, wake up America the bill will be passed with or without Republican support.

So is nothing to celebrate at all.

new topics

top topics

join