It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!Attention Do Not Go To www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com Government Owned!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just went to [link to www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com] while Peer Guardian (IP BLOCKER PROGRAM) was activated and found that DOD Network Information Center was trying to connect to my computer. I refreshed the page several times to see if it really was the government and it WAS.

Here is a screen shot to prove my claim.

i691.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Stay away from that site at all costs. They could be tracking the users that go there like they were doing with the website, cars.gov.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
Stay away from that site at all costs. They could be tracking the users that go there like they were doing with the website, cars.gov.

No "alerts" here. It's hosted on a Microsoft server/machine out of Canada. WebMinders being the hosting Com. (?)

Not sure why the IP would be on a block with PeerGuardian ... But the possibilities are as many as those your PCs currently "connected" to.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just tried it and got the same results. Nice find!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The IP address is department of navy.

Link

Or copy and paste into browser

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
hehe if you are a clever hacker you can use their connection against them

secret DOD files anyone?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What's being blocked is an image sourced from tycho.usno.navy.mil... which is simply a server side program that generates an image of the phase of the moon. It's used as an image-hyperlink to www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Yep your right!

Case closed?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
why would the Navy be linked to the site?

[edit on 23-8-2009 by anti us gov]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

Because an image being used on the site is linked from a navy website.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
reply to post by abecedarian

what does that mean exactly?
Before the days of _javascript and stuff that could generate dynamic content on a website, some people wrote programs called "Common Gateway Interface" programs, or "CGI" programs, that ran some script/code/program on the server and returned something relevant to the web browser, usually some text or an image. Sometimes CGI's also processed log-in information, etc..

In this case, the www.georgiaguidestones.com site sent a webpage to our browsers which has code to display an image. The image requested is from a server at the US Naval Observatory and is called "phase.gif", located in the server's "cgi.bin" directory, where typically CGI programs, scripts, etc are stored. This gif image is actually a program that calculates the current phase of the moon and returns an image representing that to the web browser.

Don't know if I make make it any simpler... but like I said: the webpages is asking for an image from the USNO and the image happens to be one created on the fly by the server itself.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
great man awesome! nice to see other people to help with this! star and flag
*snip*
i got the low orbit ion cannon rdy XD

Staff Edit:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind. Terms and Conditions

[edit on 8/23/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why is it I can not get peer guardian to install on my comp.
I am running vista 64

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Have you ever considered that the Office of Navy is doing everything it can to assure our survival against factions which seek to destroy not only our oceans and aquatic life but humanity as a whole?

It 'is' possible you know. I did speak with a higher up some years ago and he was extremely adament about the dolphin issue having nothing to do with their work, it is possible right?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm going to add to my posts above by saying that it's not a DOD, or even a government computer contacting anyone. *Your* browser is contacting them to download a picture over HTTP protocols, specifically a GET command over port 80, the default port for serving HTTP content.

If you look at the screenshot closely (you'll have to scroll it to the side):

The "source IP", which is the computer initiating the connection, is 192.168.1.102 which is a reserved address for private networks, i.e. home networks behind routers, firewalls or other NAT devices which will never have a direct connection to the Internet. So the computer "trying to connect" to another computer is the one the user is on, not the USNO server.

Peer Guardian will attempt to block both incoming (other computers connecting to yours) and outgoing (your computer trying to connect to others) based on a "blacklist" or list of IP addresses considered by someone, somewhere, as undesireable. Most often it's used to block connections with P2P software like Limewire and other file sharing networks including torrent software. Unfortunately, it doesn't really protect you from much other than a successful connection. If the computer on the other side is trying to connect to you, they already have your IP address and know you're doing something.

Good day.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

Check your PeerGuardian2 logs. The DOD regularly sniffs around my ports (according to the program). It's probably less to do with the sites you visit and more to do with the fact that the DOD has too much leeway.

Either way, I do recommend using PeerGuardian2. I've seen it block IP's from so many people/places/agencies who have no business being anywhere near my network, it's ridiculous.

Everything from the DoD to Eli Lilly. These people can't seem to mind their business, so it never hurts to give them a little help in that area.

TA

[edit on 23-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have a general question. Isn't it possible if someone wanted to monitor your internet activity they would just go through your internet provider.

There seems to be just a few major providers: comcast and AT&T.

Wouldn't it be easier to tap into the central providers system to monitor Internet sits?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just so I understand this correctly, the site itself isn't owned by the government, there is just a photo on it that has been pulled from a navy site?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Does anyone honestly believe a website designed like that looking as its if its from the early 90's with advertisements for singles would be run by the government? Who are you kidding?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have read up on them before they are very interesting and call for humanity to depopulate down to 500,000,000 globally thats subtracting 5.5 billion people SMH. They do speak on some very valid points concerning our human interations w/ nature and politics. They are written in 12 different languages which I like. Also there is a TIME CAPSUL beneath them w/ no date to open it.
I believe a R.C.CHRISTIAN was chosen to be the contact for the builders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join