It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot in Kentucky Prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I could come up with lots of different ways to keep these guys busy. What about something like this?

For example...........makes these guys do math problems until the their brains short circuit. Seriously. If you're not going to make them work physically make them work their butts off intellectually. And it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Papers and pencils are CHEAP! You wanna eat? You want a snack? You want to see some day light? Well you're gonna learn how to do basic algebra. You're gonna read a book in a few days and write a ten page synopsis on it in one day.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
To understand life is to beat it, and so long as you keep your heart free of hatred, you will actually enjoy the journey ahead of you.

I am trying really hard to learn this lesson and change myself, and the way I treat people.

Thank you for your insight.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

It is the most painful thing for me to endure sometimes because not only do I have no control over the situation, neither does my brother.

He is not a violent person by any stretch of the means but was just forced into a childhood that was less than perfect.

I'm not putting him into a "victim" category either...we just had a very abnormal upbringing. He is definately not a "victim" b/c I turned out fine as did our older sister. As a matter of fact, my sister and I were his guardians after our parents died so, he had much more support than we did.
He just made mistakes with drugs as a result of growing up in unusual situations.

Again, I just want to say that I make NO excuses for him and his decisions...I'm just saying that a kid that tokes now and then to mask his pain does not deserve being imprisoned with rapists, child molesters and murderers.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If you were falsley incarcerated for a crime....would you voice your concerns to your loved ones about the poor conditions you were living in?

It's not fair to try and place all prisoners under the same umbrella.....they won't all "fit"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be great if it were that simple.....However, who is going to pay for that?
Taxpayers right?

Do you really think taxpayers want to pay to educate the discarded?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Thanks, and sorry again if I came across too harsh. I am curious to know what relations you have with a current inmate and what you have heard about the conditions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join