It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Conflict! Christian over 30 years dealing with New Info Need Help, What Is True?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
badmedia you cant say Jesus is a great preacher and teacher and not believe in underthings he said. You either believe his teaching and all of them or you don't.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
badmedia you cant say Jesus is a great preacher and teacher and not believe in underthings he said. You either believe his teaching and all of them or you don't.

Well for starters, I don't believe in anything Jesus says simply because Jesus says it. And I don't know who you think you are to tell me how I am to believe and how I am not to believe.

Sorry, but those kinds of things do not work for me at all. If Jesus was wrong about something, I would definitely say so.

I have 1 true authority that I follow, and that is the father. I don't accept or believe in things simply because the bible said it. I know and understand because I know the father, and it is the father who taught me these things.

In other words - I know what Jesus knew and I have the same source for that knowledge. I have experienced the 2nd birth and I have meet the father. And I did it without even knowing the bible mentioned it at all.

You guys are changing what it means when he gives his life for others. Proof of this can be found with the rich man who comes to Jesus.

That rich man believes Jesus is who he says he is. That rich man then asks - what does he need to do. Does Jesus tell him just to wait until he is dead, and then believe he did for your sins? NO! Not even close. He tells that rich man he must walk the path and keep the commandments. The rich man says he has, but Jesus points out to him that he has much material wealth and he should give it to the poor - which he will not do.

But under your religion, if I were to tell that same rich man the exact same things Jesus said, you would tell me I'm wrong. You tell me I need to believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and so forth. And I know for a fact that is not true. If it were the truth, then the father would have told me so.

Proverbs 8

5O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

15By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

This is not talking about finding a bible. It is not talking about finding a religion. It is talking about those who find the father early will receive wisdom and understanding.

Hosea 6

5Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

7But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

Of which Jesus repeats:

Matthew 9

13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

But your religion is based on a sacrifice. Does Jesus say he has come to be a sacrifice? No, he says he comes to bring sinners to repentance. That is quite a bit different than believing he died on the cross for your sins. Appaerently, according to your religion that is what it means to repent for sins - believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins.

But I know better.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

So, in order to bring sinners to repentance, he needs to give those people understanding. Why does Jesus speak in parables? To give understanding. And his life is an example for people to see how to properly follow the commandments.

Do you know what it means to be among "those who can hear, and those who can see"? It means that person has understanding, or is seeking understanding.

Like the movie White men can't jump - you can listen to Jimi - but do you hear Jimi? The difference and what is being referred to is - do you understand what the words mean. That is what it means to hear.

If you can "hear" Jesus, then you can hear the father. I did that in the other way, I heard the father and now when I read Jesus - I hear and see the father in his words. There is no doubt here and I don't have to take it on faith either.

He is conspired against and killed by the powers of this earth for this reason. So that they could keep their power. And that have, and they will until the return of Jesus/truth.

So to worship and find salvation in the death of Jesus, is to find salvation in the lie. It means the truth had to die in order for you to live. And if the truth has to be sacrificed in order for you to live, then you are finding salvation in a lie.

It's the father within Jesus I know, recognize and follow. Of which the bible and religion itself acts as a replacement for. What do you think Jesus meant by the Pharisees sit in the seat of moses? It means they have replaced "moses" for themselves. Same thing, here, the bible and religion sit in the seat of the father. It acts as a replacement.

And a house that has not been built with the parts in the proper places will fall no matter what the quality of the material itself is.

Proverbs 9

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she(wisdom) saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

It's not about accepting that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, it's about finding understanding and wisdom, so that you can walk the path and actually follow him, and the light of that path is wisdom and understanding, and Jesus is that light on earth because that is what he gives to people.

Now. Why in the world would I want to replace that which has been given to me by the father, for the blind faith in all of the bible, from the perspective of men and a church who seemed to miss the part about not turning yourself into authority figures?

Lets assume my experience never happened and I'm crazy, and you are right. I need to take only the bible for it. The bible says knowledge of the holy is understanding, so again I must still ask - what is the understanding? I ask over and over - what is the understanding, what is the understanding behind this sacrifice. I get none in return.

What you are asking me to do is the equivalent of getting me to accept 4+4=5 is true based on faith, when the understanding I have been given shows me that is not true. I simply can not ignore the understanding given to me and accept things I see and know to be untrue.

All I can say is while I disagree with you guys completely, I will always stick up for your right and freedom to believe it, and I hope that one day you find the father, and gain the understanding he gives to those who do. Seek and you will find, but you will always find that which you seek - so be mindful of what you are seeking. Meaning - seek the truth, the light, the way and the light. That is what I was seeking when I found the father, and if you want to call that Jesus, then that is fine with me. I don't think it's coincidence that he defines himself as those things when he says only by him does one come to the father.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Hello sly...

If I may....

How do you know what teachings are of Jesus and what are not. Is it because you know that a man wrote such words down in a book?

Or is it because your spirit has shown you the nature of Jesus and God when you knocked at the door within you?

Do you really think God would leave us a material object like a book to take mans word on Gods word? When many times over wise men said...it was the scribes and the leaders and the authorities and powers that were straying man away from God.

There are wise words yes...but the book isnt going to be what tells you what is truth or not....your spirit, your inner most core being that was made in Gods image...that is what will tell you what words are of 'truth'.

This is why Jesus taught in parables.

God also teaches in this way.

One way.

Spirit.

I think pasttheclouds writing styles are passing off on me *grins*

Do you think God would pass off the greatest wisdoms to the simple/carnal man? Even though the simple man is going to call the wisdom foolishness? Would Thee?

People dont want to have to 'wonder' or 'not knw'. Thinking its all in the book laid out like step work gives us comfort...its nice to think we have a guideline to follow literally.

But when we really seek....we see that a given guideline would defeat our purpose of taking from that tree of knowledge. We are to seek, in spirit, for truth. This is the kingdom that is not made with human hands that we are building when we begin to do this.

What keeps most from seeking this?

Fear-

Have you ever thought about how a cell reacts to a virus or food. If something is good for the cell, the cell will move towards the positive (food). If something is bad for the cell, lets say a virus, the cell moves away. The greatest way that a cell moves away is in the 'fight or flight' response. Why? Because its not able to rest. God did not intend for us to find Thee through a 'flight or fight' response. It defeats the whole purpose of us as spiritual beings regaining our knowing of who we are and what we are here for. Even though many think they are not reacting in a flight or fight response.....they are. They are actually moving away from something....do to the reaction the 'path' or is providing them. Ive said too much I know....

Im babbling, its been a long day and its Friday....so forgive me.

My best to ya
LV

Edit to add-my point about the cells and their reaction is that God places orders and cycles of Thee's work throughout nature, throughout life, throughout things that wont rust nor can be destroyed. The template of Mother Earth can teach many things of spirit.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by LeoVirgo]

Edit to add the main guideline that was given to us....

What is of spirit is of spirit, what is of flesh is of flesh.

We cant take Earthly things to Heaven...for nothing of Earth is Holy.

Offer what is of Earth back to Earth
offer to Heaven what is of Heaven
the image of God within you
spirit

Letting go of our Earthly ways is what the tree of knowledge is all about. Its not about a fruit and its not about sex....its about wisdom and understanding through Gods template, Thee's living vine. This leads to the tree of life most defiantly. Its not a literal tree....again, its understanding.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Since this is my mothers thread...I find it ok to report her health here because some people on here pray for her and I know they wonder about her.

She is back in the hospital but all is ok. She had a reaction to a medicine she has been on for a long time that is giving her symptoms similar to what a stroke would. She started having trouble talking about a week ago (getting stuck on words)....the neurological effect caused her tongue to twist up while she would talk. They have placed her in therapy for a week so she can learn to work with her tongue.

Other then that...they put her through all sorts of tests for her heart, blood flow, and brain and she is in great shape they said!!!!! They cant find any infections!!!! This is so surprising because some doctors say she still has staph in her hip bone and that it will never go away completely. Even if that is true, she has held strong with staph in her hip bone for over 3 yrs now...and it is diagnosed as the staph that is resistant to antibiotics.

To me, she is a miracle no matter what....

Peace and love to all

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I wish her the best !
whatever happens, it's part of our lessons or part of our way,
she is safe in the care from others.
And as you say safe in gods care.
Like we ALL need and live for.
Safety is in our care,love from and for others.
Because it's more important then issues.
Love is our need, because we are love.

Best to you both.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
either we do or we do not exist
if we had we surely have kissed
any and all we may have missed

we've stood alone in the darkest of places
we've stood in rank with angelic faces

one of us did "elohim" (ascend)
one of you did elohim
1 of u did elohim
l u did elohim
ludid eloh im [mirror] mi hole bibul
mi = my
hole = holy
bibul = bible

mi hole bibul = my holy bible
mihole bib u l [mirror] l u did elohim = "one of you did elohim"

look i fear = lose cypher = lucifer

god encypted and encoded .... everything ...

eden = edun
edun [mirror] nude

god encrypted and encoded .... all of it ....

name given to pyramids when built = mr
first space station in space = mir
king of beasts says = "me roar"
when life passes before your eyes, all is heard backwards from death to origin. doubt it? die if you want to witness it firsthand.

my god put all the answers in the words, under the tip of my nose the whole time.

my god put all the answers in the words at my fingertips (keyboard, pen, paper) the whole time.

life is good.

future in the words? yep. how to see?
be not afraid

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join