It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance requested deciphering a new 'visitor' at my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Before I start, please look at my history here. I am not some harpy on here posting nonsensical threads and making a lot of noise. This is legit.

I, and my family, are completely open to ghosts, spirits, and the like. Our house is currently inhabited by the spirit of a child. Everyone that comes over for the evening sees her (we're pretty sure it's a 'her'...) and they always say "I think your daughter is up - I just saw her in the hallway...". Of course, an investigation will reveal that our 4 year old daughter is in-fact sleeping soundly in her bed.

We've accepted her as part of our house as she is completely benign. Also - the house itself feels non-threatening to even the most receptive of people.

Recently, something has changed and this is the source of my question.

4 or 5 months ago, I was plagued by nightmares. I've been someone that has them on a somewhat regular basis, so this was nothing new. However, what was new was that I had developed a habit of attacking something as I slept - and these attacks were acted out in my sleep. Meaning I awoke mid-swing as I was going to punch something. I knocked over lamps, hammered on the nightstand a few times, and nearly destroyed my alarm clock. This got to the point that I took to sleeping in the guestroom for a while out of fear of knocking my wife. Eventually, whatever I was battling stopped visiting me.

About 8 weeks ago, my wife woke up in the middle of the night - directly out of sleep and yelled at, and swung at, something she saw. This object was like a large raindrop - a huge one - and a shimmery-silver color. It was "hanging" from the ceiling in our bedroom and directly above me as I slept. When she awoke and lashed out at it, she said it almost instantly retreated back into the ceiling and vanished.

I thought little of this. My wife is very receptive and open - she's a redhead - and I've always told her that she's got gifts she is unaware of.

Fast forward to last week.

I was sleeping in the guest room as our newborn daughter is up many times a night and I needed to sleep for an early workday the next day. This time, I woke up directly from a deep, dream-filled sleep and yelled at, and swung at, a large, shimmering raindrop like thing above me. In an instant, before I was fully awake - it was gone.

Neither my wife or I can figure this out - and I've been able to find nothing online that would assist in deciphering the mystery. So here I am.

Any input?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

The source of your nightmares could be the presence of something in your room as you are sleeping.

I had a very vivid dream about an ET that I could not figure out. Later I came to believe there was a "presence" in the room as I slept. Probably not an ET.
Later and for a short while after the entire house underwent a poltergeist phenomena that lasted a brief time.

The teardrop is unique. Possibly a spirit of some kind, that never was human. The little girl ghost could be a trace emanation from a former occupant.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You might try getting an indoor cat as a pet. When my house had the poltergeist thing happen I had three cats, now just two.

For some reason, I feel that the cats chased the spirit presence away.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am in two minds about this. Maybe even three...

This is a difficult one and I really sympathise with you.

1. The manifestation could be a new entrant into your house - just attracted to your home's energy.

2. It could be the beginning of a possession - you have intimated some acceptance (even affection and warmth) to the child spectre which is present. The child spectre could just be there as a seemingly "benign" decoy which tricks you into inviting something stronger in.

3. You mentioned a newborn - it is said that sometimes the soul does not fully enter the body for up to a year after birth. Could be your newborn checking out its surroundings. I think this is unlikely, given the negativity and terror felt.

Therefore - in each case - you need to manage that energy, and stop it from keeping you awake at night.

In either case, it's about setting boundaries. I had a lot of attacks in the night from various entities.

I defined a space which they could cross. I would walk around the perimeter of my bed nightly and define the space which was closed to negative energy with my hand. I would also charge myself up with "white light" - imagining a white coating which would cover my whole body. I slept with a bible under the pillow.

I also used bowls of sea salt under the bed and did salt rituals around the home...chasing out the bad luck.

Define your boundaries - acknowledge it - tell it where it can and cannot be and limit it.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by chillpill]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by chillpill]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sounds like a spirit that is curious. BUT! If you are feeling threatened by it it must be a dark spirit. Spiritually a spirit that is not dark does not give you the feeling of negativity. It could also be a Djinn because i have read they can take just about any form.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill

Define your boundaries - acknowledge it - tell it where it can and cannot be and limit it.

Excellent and informative post. Thank you

There is yet another facet to this that I forgot to mention... When my 4 year old daughter was a toddler and learning to speak, she occasionally saw someone in the house.

There was one night in particular I was in her room - she was about 2 or 3 years old - and we were playing with her dolls. I stood up to do something and she darted behind my legs with a smile.

Peeking around my legs, smiling, she looked into the corner and ducked back behind my legs. She was having a good time with this. She peeked around again and said "Who is he?" and pointed into the corner.

I replied "What does he look like?" and she replied "Old..."

She was at peace with whoever was there and was obviously enjoying the company. Being somewhat receptive myself, I didn't feel anything threatening and thought it may be any one of a number of deceased relatives who would have adored her.

It should also be noted that my daughter has never had a bad dream, and never mentioned anything about any of the visitors making her uneasy. She has not mentioned anything about the visitors in about 6 months, although last month she did have a 'friend' we never saw - but that was short lived.

Thank you for your input as we try to decipher this.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I am not going to explain this well. So forgive me.

I have had experiences where I have encountered "sets" of spirits - often one which is approachable, light, curious and fun. Which comes to you first.

Then encountered something 'linked' and horrible, with the 'small one' seeming to be under the control of another darker, older spirit which has a huge amount of (this is the only way I can describe it) "gravity". There's a real heaviness to it that's unpleasant. A spiritual weight.

I am not of the school of thought which says get closer to it...explore it.

I am of the school of thought that says close it down...reduce the influence of these 'spirits/entities' in your life. I dont think any long-term contact is positive.

I have lived with 'ghosts' in various homes for years...had loads of poltergeist experiences and do not see any spirit as benign. They shouldnt be there as, sometimes, if you accept one, then you get more!

Be firm. Tell them to go. Define YOUR space. Your children do not have the same psychic defences as you and are more open to negative influence.

I had an old man who used to inhabit my bedroom as a child. He wasnt nice!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
For what its worth - looks like you posted this in another board here. I replied to that one. Letting you know here so you'll see it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What helps with me is putting cut garlic in the room you are sleeping in, if you do not mind the smell. It sounds strange maybe but it seems to be a reppellant for esoteric entities and as far as i have noticed it works like a charm. You could cut the garlic and put it down in various places in your room with the loving intent of thanks and wishing it well in it's journey.

In any case, it works for me. Hope it does the same for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The part aboput the girl seems interesting, you should try video taping it.

Back to the thing about the "rain drop":

Next time you see it, try to just peacefully stare at it. Don't move much, just watch. See if it descends to the ground, to your bed, whatever.

I remember watching a TLC Program years ago with my mother about a man who had horrible Night Terrors (of which I have, just not as bad as him) to where he would do violent things in his sleep as well. Unfortunately, it got to the point where he was beating his pregnant wife's stomach in his sleep and he had to go sleep in a different room for the remainder of her pregnancy. Be glad you've gotten past that.

The thing about your wife being a red-head is interesting: a good friend of mine is a red-head and she claims to have seen demons and that her house had a couple in it at one time. I've noticed that many female/red-head friends of mine are scared of/interested in ghosts and demons.

If the "rain-drop" gets worse, you may want to call a plumber.

new topics

top topics

join