It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Distraction - Could drag on for weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok in case you all haven't seen it yet the latest distraction, there is a runner who they are gender testing to verify it is a woman;" which CNN just said "Could take weeks" for the test results to come back.

Why would it take weeks for tests to come back?
You get a nurse to get in there and take a peek, problem solved in a few minutes.
If your an athlete on the world stage you should expect these sort of things and be willing to set records straight.

So we can look forward for MSM wall to wall coverage or at least many heated yawn-fests in the weeks to come....

ANd what else, oh a model was found stuffed in a suitcase, yeah that could drag on for weeks as well....

I'm bored of it already.

*yawn*

Back to the never ending recession

[edit on 20-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

You might want to put some better explanations in you post i honestly havent got a clue what you talking about.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey Warren, this is already being discussed here.

I hold your same opinion. Drop her pants, if theirs equipment there, shes off the womens team and onto the mens team. I figured that was the bottom line.

But, as some state in the thread "it's not that simple".

My opinion is that if she doesn't have balls pumping testosterone to her, then she doesn't have an unfair advantage that being a man gives. So who cares? Apparently, people do care.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The athlete in question:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aed96ac66d44.jpg[/atsimg]

the story in question

Asked while walking into the medal ceremony how she was feeling, Semenya smiled and said, "Good, man."
Dressed in a yellow and green track suit, Semenya waved to the crowd as she ascended the podium to receive her gold medal. She stood with her hands behind her back and mouthed the words to the South African national anthem.
Her dramatic improvement, muscular build and deep voice sparked speculation about her gender. Her father, grandmother and cousin dismissed speculation she is not a woman.
"She said to me she doesn't see what the big deal is all about," South Africa team manager Phiwe Mlangeni-Tsholetsane said. "She believes it is God given talent and she will exercise it."

[edit on 8.20.2009 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The name is "Semenya"...she says "Good, man," when asked how she felt on the stand.

Too much.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It really isn't that simple. She may have had a "gender reassignment", a sex change operation to or from a woman. If she began as a woman, and changed to a man, is she now a man? Her "balls" won't be pumping out testosterone. If she was a man and switched over to being a woman - well, she's still got the gonads, and they could be pumping out testosterone.

So - how do we define what is a man or a woman any more? I would guess we need to look at the chromosomes, which is the one thing that can't be changed, and is present in almost every cell. If she's got two X chromosomes, she's a woman. An X and a Y, then she's a man. But - if she's got XXY or XYY, then what? Those happen sometimes.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

That is one butt ugly woman. There's no other way of sayin it. Could possibly say that she is handsome... which is the problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wtf? seriously it's times like this I could actually say I'd rather beat myself with the biggest and wettest crowbar I can find. We all know wet crowbars hurt worse. Anyway if this drags on like certain other things have been in the media lately I might have to consider locking myself in a padded cell and going to town with aforementioned wet piece of metal.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Is this the race you were on about?

top topics

join