It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stood-up a recruiter today..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I take exception to your post in its entirety! My family from grandpas to me have over 50 years service usmc combined. If someone feels compelled to dislike or hate the "military" then fine. That is their right and the right that my family has fought to preserve.

In a perfect world we would have no need for a "military" because we would have no politicians and their handlers profiting from war.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It is the norm amongst certain people to say ' leave the country if you do not like it ' . It is not really applicable to the original question or point of view they are referencing as a relevant contrary contention , as this is a widely used 'one size fits all ' rebuttal, remark, objection or accusation that is made to many people every day over all manner of subjects . It is in short, irrelevant , and illustrative of a person given to parrot familiar old accusations when short of a valid and original opinion .

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So you stood up a recruiter because you didn't have the guts to say "NO".

Wow, you have a long way to go..

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hating the military is his right. I fought so that he could have that right..

After reading the OP, I would like to point out that it is entirely a good thing it happened the way it did.

I'm not sure he is suited for the military; at least by what he has admitted to.

Semper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The US is built from land stolen by Natives whose ancestory was wiped out by christianity, your oil and gas is shipped in by also destroying other countries heritage and wealth and your proud of that?
Everything the US is built upon is from blood and ruined countries, be proud your not a part of that and that at least you can maintain some good in the world instead of destroying it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
The US is built from land stolen by Natives whose ancestory was wiped out by christianity, your oil and gas is shipped in by also destroying other countries heritage and wealth and your proud of that?
Everything the US is built upon is from blood and ruined countries, be proud your not a part of that and that at least you can maintain some good in the world instead of destroying it.

Ha, your from the UK (Britain) and you say that.
I guess you hate your country too.
I respect every country and every people and every one's men uniform, but you have to hate.
I'm proud of the US, good and bad, so should everyone be proud of their country. I guess you can't understand that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Theres being proud of your country, then theres having a 5 minute silence followed by a parade of 25 screaming F-15 jets with 100 of the national guard coming out and marching band, fireworks, the national anthem blaring out for all to hear in a 20 mile radius, britney spears making yet another appearance and all for 1 soldier who was dumb enough to stick his head up above a trench in iraq and has now come home dead.

Noone knows who he was, but hell he's an American so he must be worth 5000 lives of Iraqi's out there so lets stick on a big parade for him anyway.
Talk about going over the top.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I feel the need to defend the op.
Like myself he doesn't hate the PEOPLE who serve...I think he is saying that he hates the fact that there is a military who serves on the frontlines for a bunch of pasty old white guys in Washington who don't have the tomatoes to do it themselves.
Cheney,Bush,Biden etc.
I don't like people sacrificing their lives for people who see no worth in them...I think thats what the op meant.
I hope I am right because thats what I got out of it.
As for the recruiter...send him some food with an apology note.
Don't talk to him or he won't let up on you until you join.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

If you do not wish to join, then call them and tell them to take your name off their list. It is wasting their time to go after someone who does not want to join.

There is no need for you to apologize since you thought it was a practical joke. The recruiting NCOs deserve better treatment, so please inform them to remove your name.

Added:

One of my friends in the service was a recruiter, so I really respect their job.

[edit on 8/21/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You're a coward if you don't join the military, son! DO YOU THINK I FOUGHT FOR MY COUNTRY TO ALLOW PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO LIVE?!

[End of obligatory patriot speech]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would call the guy and tell him the truth. Just like a band aid, yank it off fast. Get it over with and done with.

You don't want to be in the military? That's fine. Not everyone is suited to be in the military.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

It's obvious you aren't for the military, and you have every right to an opinion, but why the childishness? You agreed to meet with him, all you had to do was have the meeting with him, then let him tell you how great the corps is and all that. Then all you have to say is either, "I'm not interested, but thank you for your time." or something along those lines. Very easy. Why judge this particular marine for actions done by some members of the military? It would be one thing if he just came from nowhere bombarding you with phone calls and visits, but that didn't happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join