It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you carry knives?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
lol sense when do you take a pearing knife?

Really if someone has a knife there not going to pull one out of their stake knife set / kitchen knife set your going to have chances are a pocket knife or similar style. Those of us whom like knives will have something a bit more flashier and a bit more concealed. And who's gonna walk around showing the knife lol you lost the element of surprise then if you do need it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I carry a titanium kirshaw with me. It looks cool, but it's not spectacularly sharper than my steak knives. I carry it because some of the vagrants (to differ between the *types* of homeless) that tweak out and drink in the morning like to park themselves in my work's parking lot. Mostly because it is not patrolled very often, and not even that until recently.

If one of these persons is not carrying any weapon and attempts to come after me, I won't use the knife. I hope that if it ever came to a knife wielding deranged person threatening me, I would only have to use the knife and my mannerisms as defense measures versus making someone bleed.

I'm more a pacifist.

It's like good cop bad cop. The knife is the bad cop. And bad cops # people up.

edit: to add because it was mentioned, the kirshaw fits nicely in this small pocket on the outside of my cargo shorts. I used to carry a folding Husky utility knife. And not when with that, with a normal safety box cutter utility knife.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by mynameisjuan]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
kershaw w/ a pocket clip. 4 iin shark tooth, bevel blade, not seraded.
perfect modification to the blade pin, for the quickest open most people
have ever seen. yet w/ a zero effect on the closing mech. 1/4 thumb stub.
very sleek in the hand w/ indented rubber grips both sides. bought
it brand new 7 years ago, and i havn't cut a piece of thread w/ it.
factory edge,sharp as a razor to this day.
always on my right hip, it comes out at lightning speed. so don't blink.
never had to use it yet, but i will never be caught needing a sharp
knife.
along w/ extensive knowledge of" the way of the intercepting fist".
most people out there, will need a gun on this one.
and in that case,

i can run like hell too.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
One personally does not carry a knife, but I do carry a small spray can of pepper spray just incase.

Not that would do much if someone wanted to mug or try and atempt rape. I would up a fight either way. Self defense classes are good, it makes one selfconfident, but not too, over confident.

Since you do not know what will happen tommorrow or next day etc.

Depends entirely on the situation supposes.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I carry a gun legally (HK USP .45). I have yet to shoot anyone. I likely never will. If it comes down to protecting myself from mortal danger, a gun is a very effective way to do so.

As far as this series of videos, its not realistic for myself to grab a knife like that, and, where I am from, it is not illegal to carry a knife. It is about decisions. I find when I carry, I make better decisions. With great power comes great responsibility.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Where I'm from (UK) your not allowed to carry anything that resembles a weapon, like pool cues, bats, bb guns or anything like that. Its funny how its illegal to carry knives yet you can buy them and walk out of the shop with them only to be arrested like I did.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In this world, surrounded by so many mindless apes who will kill you or your kid or girl or sister just for a handful of paper. You're a stupid face if you dont carry some type of weapon.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Rarely will you find me without either my Kershaw Ken Onion Leak, or my crk van hoy snaplock.

Both are small, easy to use and sharp as all get-out.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A knife is in any real life situation the last weapon you want ot have!
I always have a knife, not for protection, but for convienince!
May need to cut cordage, help a nieghbor with a mower "hay wagon"
God fobid I gut "road kill" and save the meat!
My knife is always sharp enough to cut a person and then be 15-20 feet away before they know they are cut!
Not to mention the last item I shaved with was my knife?
If you are clean shaven, and not using an electric then knives are not illegal where you live!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Do I carry a knife? I've carried a knife every single day for the past four years everywhere I went. Why? Because I can do anything with a knife. On top of that, it's my right.

I've never used my knife as a weapon against anyone. Closest chance was recently when a gang of drunk kids with gulf clubs tried to start with me, so I whipped out my knife and they all backed off like pussies. I use my knife as a tool all the time because that is what it is meant for. Sure, the fact that I carry a knife got me kicked out of high school (not the unofficial reason though), but at different times the cops didn't seem to mind handing it back to me after they slam me against their car and search me multiple times.

Point is, I grew up with knives and I am responsible with a knife. Anybody else with similar experience should carry knives too because knives kick ass. I'd carry a gun too but that's against the law here.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I carry one often. It is no problem so long as you live by the number 1 rule:
SELF DEFENCE ONLY!!
A knife is a tool until you intend harm. THEN it becomes a weapon.

It is good psychological warfare (deterrent) but if your bluff is called you either have to ruin your life (jail or murder or revenge!) or try to run away.

Invaluable as a tool though. In my research have found that the Norsemen were required to carry one by law.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I carry a fencing hatchet myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join