It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you had a transplant? If so, do you believe you have taken on aspects of the donor's characte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I found this article about a man who became an artist after a transplant. I've heard of people who suddenly took to liking dirt after having a pigs heart transplanted into them. Let's hear your story if you have one, or if you have heard a similar story please relate it to us.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I had a kidney transplant in 2005. There are a lot of changes, a few years on dialysis changes you chemically and as a result becoming healthy again is something of a sensual renaissence (E.G my sense of taste changed dramatically).

I cant say I've developed traits alien to what I was during or previous to dialysis, though. But there is a dramatic change in life which may promote, the way I see it, these feelings.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Oscitate]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic.

And well, since we are in the philosophy board I'll share my experience which is bit more abstract.

I've had transplants, yes. But none was what we would call biological. I read a lot and I usually take the ideas of whatever I'm reading to be true just as an experience. So in a sense I have had mental transplants. And yes, I definitely start taking on aspects of the donors characters.

I believe this is not only restricted to mental activities but to any other activities. Its all about vibration. So matter takes upon a specific form basically from the constant influence of vibration. Much like rock changes because of constant application of wind or water. So then matter stores and keeps reflecting the vibration that made it be the way it is.

So if you partake of a piece of a persons body, which is highly affected by the persons behavior I think you would catch a little bit of their vibration or behavior. It may be more apparent in people that produce less of their own vibrations.

These are my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Very good post! very true.

Vibrations can be stored i believe. Then you have cellular memory.
If the organ was from a very positve person, it could be that the organ still vibrates at that level and it could raise the vibration of surrounding tissue.

Just thinking out loud ofcourse..

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, after receiving a kidney in 1996, donated to me by one of my sisters, I began to develop a taste for Jim Beam. Before that, whenever I imbibed in alcoholic beverages, I prefered beer. My sister is a big bourbon drinker. Also, my dear sister is a very negative person. One can see it in her face, definitely in her behaviour and hear it in her words, and also, she attracts negative people as her friends and lovers. It seems to me she actually seeks out these negative people. I suppose she might thrive on their influence. I began to develop these traits. What I did was to stay away from negative people, her included at times, and now I pretty much keep to my immediate family, wife, children and grandchildren, and a very few friends who are upbeat and happy. It's been difficult to shake the negative influences from me, but I have mostly succeeded. Heck, I have had great success. When someone begins to speak and act negatively, I can hardly bear it and I remove myself from the situation. As for the bourbon, as my sister has increased her usage, and in turn has chosen, yikes, the likes of Ten High and Very Old Barton, incredibly cheap and awful tasting sewage runoff, I have chosen to just not enter a liquor store in the first place.
But, I still have the uncontrollable urge to sit when I urinate that I just can't seem to shake.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Hi Oscitate,

I read your Avatar and then looked up the location that you state where you exist and I see that you live over in Italy near Rome or Roma, close to Vatican City.

If those are the correct coordinates and that is close to where you live, then you live fairly close to "Silo13". You should U2U her and tell her "Hi" and that I told you that she lives nearby, she is a very nice person and she lives close to Mt. Etna.

Back to the topic...

You state you had a kidney transplant in 2005 and that your sense of taste changed. What do you mean that your sense of taste changed? In what way did it change? Do you like different foods now or what?

You also state that there is a dramatic change in your life and that you recognize the change. Tell us if you would, what changes do you recognize or feel?

Thanks my friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Hi Geladinhu,

You state that you have had transplants. How many transplants? and what kind of transplants?

You state that you have had mental transplants... what do you mean by this? You also state that you have taken on aspects of the donors characteristics... what do you mean by that?

I believe that you have a clear insight of vibrational transfer of the seven senses by donor organs being able to retain original vibrations and senses.

Could you explain in more detail what changes that you recognize have taken place since your donor transplants? I believe your thoughts and knowledge of this subject are very interesting, now and in the future. Please tell us more about your thoughts on this subject and the affects transplants have on you in more detail.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Hi Locster,

Locster... you mention "Cellular Memory". I've never really thought about human cells themselves containing memory of another persons preferences and experiences. But now that I think about what you and "Geladinhu" have written I can see that this is what must be taking place.

"Preferences and Experieces" of the Donor Being must be able to carry over to "Recievers" (in this case, other humans). It is interesting to think that this must break clear down to the cellular level and not just to organ transfer.

Hopefully others will come along and will share their experiences. I think there is a lot to be learned about this type of stuff.

Thanks my friend.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Hi Kyred,

Your story is very interesting Kyred, especially since you know all about the donor's life since she was your sister and she gave you a kidney in 1996. It's interesting that you now you enjoy Jim Beam whereas before you enjoyed beer.

Its interesting that you noticed the negative aspects in your sisters life and have been able to shake off any transference of negativity since your body and mind are positive in nature.

Your sister must be a very good person Kyred since she donated you one of her kidneys. Her goodness could be part of what makes you so positive. You must be very proud of her for being so kind. Have you noticed a sense of giving or kindness since she gave you one of her kidneys?

Thanks my friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What a time for this topic to come up.

I will be getting an AV graft Aug.31. Then will start dialysis.

Was told I would definitely need a kidney transplant.

Among the many people that have offered to be tested to see can they can give me a kidney is my younger brother.

He is an avid bird hunter. I wonder if I'll have the urge to stand to pee and start bird hunting.

I'm being silly because I'm really scared.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Hi Dizzie Dame,

I'm sure your AV graft will go well on August 31, 2009. By the way... what is an AV graft?

Your brother must me a really cool guy to give his sister one of his kidneys just so that he can have a hunting partner when he goes bird hunting.

I'm sure your kidney transplant will go really good since your kidneys and blood will match up, since you are related like you are.

I wonder if you will develop a taste for game birds after the operation, and if you will develop a preference for one brand of shotgun over the others when you go hunting.
Use a 20 gauge, they are very light and easy to carry longer distances.

Our blessings go out to you and your wonderful brother Dizzie Dame. We are sure you will both be good as new after your operations.

Thanks my friend.

new topics

top topics

join