It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Regulators Examine Reports of Exploding iPhones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

European Regulators Examine Reports of Exploding iPhones

www.nytimes.com

PARIS — The European Commission said Tuesday that it was examining the safety of Apple iPhones and iPods, after news reports said that several of the devices had exploded.
Skip to next paragraph

Helen Kearns, a spokeswoman for Meglena Kuneva, the consumer protection commissioner, said Apple was cooperating with the commission in examining reports of problems with two iPhones in France and an iPod in Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
globalnewsblog.com
uk.reuters.com
www.silobreaker.com...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This must be with the new iPhones. I think I remember something like this happening a couple of years ago, and they fixed the problem. This time at least one of the phones reportedly exploded after being dropped. The other one exploding and sending debris into a teenagers eye, I hope his eye is O.K.-Lawsuit. Wow, exploding iPhones and laptops. I wonder if they will ban these devices from being taken on airplanes, or if an exploding phone in the pilots pocket hasn't already caused a plane crash. One of the phone explosions was in France, Air France plane crash over Atlantic?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/230ecc043394.jpg[/atsimg]

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
or if an exploding phone in the pilots pocket hasn't already caused a plane crash. One of the phone explosions was in France, Air France plane crash over Atlantic?

Its a smart phone with a lithium ion battery..

Its not made of Semtex or C4 explosive that would wipe out the cockpit of a plane. Even though that would be pretty cool

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Its not made of Semtex or C4 explosive that would wipe out the cockpit of a plane. Even though that would be pretty cool

Of course I understand that, but if a phone blew up in his pocket it might hurt like hell and I'm sure it would distract him/her enough, maybe to hit the wrong button/control/switch. It's possible!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
thats the best thing ive ever read! very nice

XP

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

More chance of being hit by lightening though..

One of the main reasons thats being blamed for the 'exploding iphones' is that the processing power is causing too much of a buildup of heat when using some applications.

Add that to the fact that Apple advise you to keep the phone under 95F degrees..

Throw a hot country into the mix and Boom!

Luckily I live in Ireland where its never hot so mine should be fine

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Add that to the fact that Apple advise you to keep the phone under 95F degrees..

Jeezus, I'm in California and we don't have any days right now when it isn't at least 100 degrees F.

top topics

join