It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing the color purple?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hjello,

Last night I got in bed and shut my eyes. Nothing new there lol. Well, a few minutes into having my eyes closed I started to see this beautiful purple color swirling around when my eyes were closed. It wasn't just purple though. It was a different kind of purple and I can't think of anything else to compare it to. I kept my eyes closed, because I wanted to see more. This has happened before in my life, but it was a very long time ago when I was young. I guess I was about 6-11 maybe? Anyway, I could close my eyes and see the coolest swirls and vivid colors. One object would turn into another, and it was like an adventure. I remember seeing more red back then though. The only thing I can compare it to, and this sounds strange, but one time in my teens I tried mushrooms, and had similar experiences, but that's a whole different subject. Just using it for comparison. Anyway, the colors didn't end with just purple, but that was the constant. Eventually white rings started encircling the purple object which was ever changing. At one time the purple almost looked like it formed two eyes for a short time, then transformed to several different shapes. Ahh, I've got it. The best way to describe it is a purple flame, if that makes any sense. Moving on, the white rings went from circles to triangles, and started moving faster and faster encircling the purple flame and it felt really cool, like I was on a ride. I've also woke up a few times in the morning with brief purple spots in my vision, and then they quickly go away. I concentrated all of my vision, even though I had my eyes closed, kind of in between my eyes and this is where most of the action was. This went on for about 10 minutes or so, and I was smiling most of the time. I even had goosebumps. It was magical. Anyways, is this something of significance, or just a natural occurrence? I just find it interesting that it happened in my very young youth. Heck, I had even forgot all about it until last night when it happened again. Thank you for any and all input...Gum

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
not enough info to give an answer as there is many factors in role btw you should have your brain scanned if everything is normal then let us know .

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
kk,

Yeah it's a little vague, but was hoping someone may have had the same experience, Thx..Gum

EDIT: I have had CT's and everything was normal, but never MRI's or EEG's I don't think, although there was that one time they hooked all those probes up to my head during my sleep study. That may have been an EEG, can't remember.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Gumerk]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
kk,

Yeah it's a little vague, but was hoping someone may have had the same experience, Thx..Gum

EDIT: I have had CT's and everything was normal, but never MRI's or EEG's I don't think, although there was that one time they hooked all those probes up to my head during my sleep study. That may have been an EEG, can't remember.

it could be that your 3rd eye (chakra eye) is near awakening ,that is 1 of the possibilities

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703

kk,

it could be that your 3rd eye (chakra eye) is near awakening ,that is 1 of the possibilities

Ah, I see. I have read a little bit about this on ATS. I need to do some research when I get time. That's a good thing though right? God knows I'm ready for something to happen. BTW, this could be totally irrelevant, but when this started I was cuddled up to my wife with my head to hers. Thx bud...Gum

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Do you see a purple haze when driving? I do.

For years after then 60's and early 70's I experienced it more often than I do now.

Mine was caused by lifestyle choices.

If yours isn't caused by choice then I suggest a visit to a neurologist.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Do you see a purple haze when driving? I do.

For years after then 60's and early 70's I experienced it more often than I do now.

Mine was caused by lifestyle choices.

If yours isn't caused by choice then I suggest a visit to a neurologist.

Nah, I've never seen it while driving, just last night with my eyes closed, and a few times several years ago while opening my eyes from sleep, but that was more like a blotchy, gotta blink your eyes to get it out sensation. This new sensation I described from last night, felt like I was watching an electric light show with my eyes closed with brilliant colors, and ever-changing shapes. Especially the rings of light that kept encircling the purple flame, and then later turning to triangles. Maybe I do need to see a neurologist? idk

EDIT: As far as lifestyle choices, I made some choices in my teens, but stopped making them in my early 20's all together. Furthermore, I had this same sensation when I was a very young child, so I don't think it's anything like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The purple haze I See sometimes has streaks in it and I sometimes see diamond shapes.

You had a sleep study? Strange coincidence. I had one 7 years ago and then another one last night.

I had sleep apnea but there was no evidence of it last night. Very strange as my cpap machine is on a very high setting.

Was the first night in 7 years that I slept without that dreadful machine.

I wonder if sleep disorders and seeing colors and shapes is related.

The mind is a very delicate thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

kk,

Ah, I see. I have read a little bit about this on ATS. I need to do some research when I get time. That's a good thing though right? God knows I'm ready for something to happen. BTW, this could be totally irrelevant, but when this started I was cuddled up to my wife with my head to hers. Thx bud...Gum

indeed its a good thing just stay positive (do not fear the unknown while you close your eyes) and enjoy the new discovery .

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have same thing, appears and get's stronger during meditation/ritual. I haven't found any real 'use' for it yet though. I would vote for the chakra opening theory.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

kk,

indeed its a good thing just stay positive (do not fear the unknown while you close your eyes) and enjoy the new discovery .

Aye. This is the thing that puts a smile on my face, because while I was experiencing this, I wasn't afraid, I just kept my eyes closed and smiled. At one point I had to really check to see if my eyes were still shut, because I was looking as if they were open lol. It was really neat. I even waved my hand in front of my face to see if I could see it, but I couldn't see it at all. After about ten minutes, I did finally opened my eyes, and after this I didn't see it anymore and just went to bed.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
The purple haze I See sometimes has streaks in it and I sometimes see diamond shapes.

You had a sleep study? Strange coincidence. I had one 7 years ago and then another one last night.

I had sleep apnea but there was no evidence of it last night. Very strange as my cpap machine is on a very high setting.

Was the first night in 7 years that I slept without that dreadful machine.

I wonder if sleep disorders and seeing colors and shapes is related.

The mind is a very delicate thing.

Yeah, I had a sleep study after complaining of daytime drowsiness/headaches, and falling asleep during the day. I had the whole work up. The doctor said in his opinion I had narcolepsy. I disagree. He said according to the data I had mild sleep apnea, and didn't qualify for a CPAP. After this, I had my tonsils removed, and that helped a little. Ironically, I had the best night of sleep without many symptoms during my sleep study, lol, but was still falling asleep in the study they do in the morning after with the lights out.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
interesting,

since I was 11-12 (almost 17 now) I have the ability called the 4th Dimension connection, I am able to open up higher awareness of the brain with my spirit's experience from past lifes. When I lay down it usually starts acting up by it self, but im at the stage now where I can meditate while laying down and start to control it. When I enable my ability I am able to see astral energies with no shapes floating in the air and on the door etc and its mostly the color of red. Im also able to communicate with other life forms, such as spirits, and some other stuff. I can see spirits and other stuff sometimes, but I try to filter that out as it is usually Shadow beings what I see and they do not like me.

when im not doing this ability which is very dangerous and with newb awakened users things can get pretty nasty quickly, as it was with me first.
I can see energy flashes since I was born, ranging from all the colors in the rainbow (except i dont see pink or couldn't make it out), now the energy flashes are getting more intense, more bigger and whiter, and happening more often in the center of my eyebrows.

but yeah, very dangerous ability that I have... I had me a very experienced teacher that he has been doing this stuff for 50+ years help me out on my ability and some other meditations and a whole bunch of other useful information he crammed down my big head

I would go into depth of things and explain more, but you know how some people are. I dont like being called a fake from a lowly sheep when they know absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
interesting,

since I was 11-12 (almost 17 now) I have the ability called the 4th Dimension connection, I am able to open up higher awareness of the brain with my spirit's experience from past lifes. When I lay down it usually starts acting up by it self, but im at the stage now where I can meditate while laying down and start to control it. When I enable my ability I am able to see astral energies with no shapes floating in the air and on the door etc and its mostly the color of red. Im also able to communicate with other life forms, such as spirits, and some other stuff. I can see spirits and other stuff sometimes, but I try to filter that out as it is usually Shadow beings what I see and they do not like me.

when im not doing this ability which is very dangerous and with newb awakened users things can get pretty nasty quickly, as it was with me first.
I can see energy flashes since I was born, ranging from all the colors in the rainbow (except i dont see pink or couldn't make it out), now the energy flashes are getting more intense, more bigger and whiter, and happening more often in the center of my eyebrows.

but yeah, very dangerous ability that I have... I had me a very experienced teacher that he has been doing this stuff for 50+ years help me out on my ability and some other meditations and a whole bunch of other useful information he crammed down my big head

I would go into depth of things and explain more, but you know how some people are. I dont like being called a fake from a lowly sheep when they know absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nocturnal Visions are really interesting. I wonder if it is like a mood ring and colors represent emotions in the air, the general vibe of a room or area?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hjello,

Last night I got in bed and shut my eyes. Nothing new there lol. Well, a few minutes into having my eyes closed I started to see this beautiful purple color swirling around when my eyes were closed. It wasn't just purple though. It was a different kind of purple and I can't think of anything else to compare it to. I kept my eyes closed, because I wanted to see more. This has happened before in my life, but it was a very long time ago when I was young. I guess I was about 6-11 maybe? Anyway, I could close my eyes and see the coolest swirls and vivid colors. One object would turn into another, and it was like an adventure. I remember seeing more red back then though. The only thing I can compare it to, and this sounds strange, but one time in my teens I tried mushrooms, and had similar experiences, but that's a whole different subject. Just using it for comparison. Anyway, the colors didn't end with just purple, but that was the constant. Eventually white rings started encircling the purple object which was ever changing. At one time the purple almost looked like it formed two eyes for a short time, then transformed to several different shapes. Ahh, I've got it. The best way to describe it is a purple flame, if that makes any sense. Moving on, the white rings went from circles to triangles, and started moving faster and faster encircling the purple flame and it felt really cool, like I was on a ride. I've also woke up a few times in the morning with brief purple spots in my vision, and then they quickly go away. I concentrated all of my vision, even though I had my eyes closed, kind of in between my eyes and this is where most of the action was. This went on for about 10 minutes or so, and I was smiling most of the time. I even had goosebumps. It was magical. Anyways, is this something of significance, or just a natural occurrence? I just find it interesting that it happened in my very young youth. Heck, I had even forgot all about it until last night when it happened again. Thank you for any and all input...Gum

When I was a kid I would close my eyes, lie down and put my pillow over my

eyes and the most incredible array of combinations of colors would appear

that you could imagine. I would spend an hour at a time going on what I

would call trips without drugs during this time. Reds were more prevalent

and every color of the rainbow would appear including star combinations and

geometric designs. It was as though I was in another dimension but like

traveling and flying amongst the colors and unique patterns.

Today when I close my eyes in a relaxed state a violet colored pulse

appears like a large fluffy cloud and then goes to nothing and then to a large

violet fluffy cloud to nothing over and over at 2 second intervals. This is so

relaxing it is like a tranquil effect. Normally this will last for about 1 to 2

minutes per my session. Who cares what people think it is relaxing taking a

break from this crazy World we live in. ^Y^

[edit on 18-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

Hjello,

When I was a kid I would close my eyes, lie down and put my pillow over my

eyes and the most incredible array of combinations of colors would appear

that you could imagine. I would spend an hour at a time going on what I

would call trips without drugs during this time. Reds were more prevalent

and every color of the rainbow would appear including star combinations and

geometric designs. It was as though I was in another dimension but like

traveling and flying amongst the colors and unique patterns.

Today when I close my eyes in a relaxed state a violet colored pulse

appears like a large fluffy cloud and then goes to nothing and then to a large

violet fluffy cloud to nothing over and over at 2 second intervals. This is so

relaxing it is like a tranquil effect. Normally this will last for about 1 to 2

minutes per my session. Who cares what people think it is relaxing taking a

break from this crazy World we live in. ^Y^

[edit on 18-8-2009 by amari]

Aye, it's very much like traveling with your eyes open, but they're closed. Such a strange but wonderful sensation. What your describing sounds very close to what I'm trying to put in words too bud, thx..Gum

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Gumerk]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I could close my eyes and see the coolest swirls and vivid colors. One object would turn into another, and it was like an adventure. I remember seeing more red back then though.

Some time ago I posted nearly the same thing, and had always thought everyone experienced this when their eyes were closed. I was completely shocked to find out that it wasn't the case. I asked my dad, my brother, and a few of my friends if they ever remember such a thing, even when very young, none had.

I'm in my forties now, and have tried recently, with some success, to see in my mind what I used to regularly as a child during nap-time. What I've noticed is that the colors and shapes aren't as pronounced and vivid. Shades of grays and dark purples have mostly replaced the dramatically bright blues and reds that were the first colors I would usually see first.

I've often described it as overwhelming shapes of geometrical perfection, spinning into infinity, in vivid color. It's almost like looking down an ever changing vortex turning itself inside-out. That image, however, merely starts the sequence of images, which would eventually turn into distinct objects and morph into something else.

Again, when I was young, it would usually start with a very bright flash of a blue shape, and most often the next color I would see is red, and it would continue to get more defined as it progressed. This was way before all the cool screen-savers we have nowadays on our computers, or even the spiro-graph mind you.

This experience alone, is the single most influential factor when it comes to my belief that there's more to reality than what we experience around us every day. To my surprise, digging into physics has only furthered that belief.

The way I see it, either the human brain is so much more capable than any of us can imagine, (see what I did there) or those images came from somewhere else. I mean, how can I be a witness to something I've never seen? As hard as it is to believe, I have to, because I have, and I'm not nuts...I think...clinically anyway.

Hopefully you'll breathe a little easier now knowing that others have encountered nearly the same types of "visions", and can probably rule out that point in your future where you find out you're actually a God or an alien with some impossible task to perform.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This happened to me once. I was sleep and it felt like i was sinking in my mattress like a real deep sleep. i started to see purple and white bright colors. i got scared and made myself wake up. Thought I was dying or something. Felt too weird for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i see blue when i get punched really hard in the head. but i don't consider that anything mystical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join