It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing the color purple?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Originally posted by Gumerk
I could close my eyes and see the coolest swirls and vivid colors. One object would turn into another, and it was like an adventure. I remember seeing more red back then though.

Some time ago I posted nearly the same thing, and had always thought everyone experienced this when their eyes were closed. I was completely shocked to find out that it wasn't the case. I asked my dad, my brother, and a few of my friends if they ever remember such a thing, even when very young, none had.

I'm in my forties now, and have tried recently, with some success, to see in my mind what I used to regularly as a child during nap-time. What I've noticed is that the colors and shapes aren't as pronounced and vivid. Shades of grays and dark purples have mostly replaced the dramatically bright blues and reds that were the first colors I would usually see first.

I've often described it as overwhelming shapes of geometrical perfection, spinning into infinity, in vivid color. It's almost like looking down an ever changing vortex turning itself inside-out. That image, however, merely starts the sequence of images, which would eventually turn into distinct objects and morph into something else.

Again, when I was young, it would usually start with a very bright flash of a blue shape, and most often the next color I would see is red, and it would continue to get more defined as it progressed. This was way before all the cool screen-savers we have nowadays on our computers, or even the spiro-graph mind you.

This experience alone, is the single most influential factor when it comes to my belief that there's more to reality than what we experience around us every day. To my surprise, digging into physics has only furthered that belief.

The way I see it, either the human brain is so much more capable than any of us can imagine, (see what I did there) or those images came from somewhere else. I mean, how can I be a witness to something I've never seen? As hard as it is to believe, I have to, because I have, and I'm not nuts...I think...clinically anyway.

Hopefully you'll breathe a little easier now knowing that others have encountered nearly the same types of "visions", and can probably rule out that point in your future where you find out you're actually a God or an alien with some impossible task to perform.

Peace

Thank you lernmore. This describes almost perfectly what I'm speaking of. The way you describe your experiences as a child, sounds beat to beat exactly what I experienced, and experienced again last night. Last night they were almost as bright and vivid as my childhood experiences, just a tad bit dimmer, but not by much, especially the purple flame. Now I'm really intrigued. This is really cool. Thx yall. Kind of like you said, it's almost like an infinity of different shapes, and they build on one another somehow, only to make something else. I've found that when I really relax, the experience gets even more detailed. It kind of feels like flying in a way. What gets me is I'm seeing all this with my eyes closed lol This purple flame last night was dancing around like nothing I have ever seen. It was taking all kinds of form. The reason I say flame is because it was like a candle light in the wind. A beautiful, ever changing, vivid, florescent, and kind flame. Then when these white rings started encircling it they got faster and faster flying by, and then turning to a triangle shape.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Gumerk]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Gumerk]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Hjello,

Last night I got in bed and shut my eyes. Nothing new there lol. Well, a few minutes into having my eyes closed I started to see this beautiful purple color swirling around when my eyes were closed. It wasn't just purple though. It was a different kind of purple and I can't think of anything else to compare it to. I kept my eyes closed, because I wanted to see more. This has happened before in my life, but it was a very long time ago when I was young. I guess I was about 6-11 maybe? Anyway, I could close my eyes and see the coolest swirls and vivid colors. One object would turn into another, and it was like an adventure. I remember seeing more red back then though. The only thing I can compare it to, and this sounds strange, but one time in my teens I tried mushrooms, and had similar experiences, but that's a whole different subject. Just using it for comparison. Anyway, the colors didn't end with just purple, but that was the constant. Eventually white rings started encircling the purple object which was ever changing. At one time the purple almost looked like it formed two eyes for a short time, then transformed to several different shapes. Ahh, I've got it. The best way to describe it is a purple flame, if that makes any sense. Moving on, the white rings went from circles to triangles, and started moving faster and faster encircling the purple flame and it felt really cool, like I was on a ride. I've also woke up a few times in the morning with brief purple spots in my vision, and then they quickly go away. I concentrated all of my vision, even though I had my eyes closed, kind of in between my eyes and this is where most of the action was. This went on for about 10 minutes or so, and I was smiling most of the time. I even had goosebumps. It was magical. Anyways, is this something of significance, or just a natural occurrence? I just find it interesting that it happened in my very young youth. Heck, I had even forgot all about it until last night when it happened again. Thank you for any and all input...Gum

Pressure Phosphene. It's when you excite your retina while your eyes are closed, either through rubbing them (usually the way to do it) or by straining your eyes while closed (like trying to stare at the back of your eyelids). I used to do this all the time but am convinced now that this hurts your eyesight due to physical damage of straining.

@whoever said that it was uncommon: The only reason it seems that way is because the descriptions for it are vague and almost no one knows what it's called.

en.wikipedia.org...

I even made a Magic: The Gathering card about it:

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Azuredrake]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Haha, I didn't know what this was either, let alone other people having it
. I've had the similar swirling and moving swirly shaped light violet coloured things around whenever I'm resting with my eyes closed.

I'd say the above poster is probably on the right track with the 'Pressure Phosphene', but I don't really think I've been exiting my retina's or causing them pressure

But yeah, probably a lot of people experiencing this, just would be kind of odd asking someone if they've been seeing swirls of colours in their eyes

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Haha, I didn't know what this was either, let alone other people having it
. I've had the similar swirling and moving swirly shaped light violet coloured things around whenever I'm resting with my eyes closed.

I'd say the above poster is probably on the right track with the 'Pressure Phosphene', but I don't really think I've been exiting my retina's or causing them pressure

But yeah, probably a lot of people experiencing this, just would be kind of odd asking someone if they've been seeing swirls of colours in their eyes

It doesn't necessarily have to be through physical means that your retina gets excited. If you read the Wiki entry (..yeah, I know..lol) it gives a few other ways it can come about. One of the other common ways is to just deprive your retina of visual stimulus. I can actually achieve this state with my eyes open as I'm fixated on one point. It takes a little longer...but it's basically about the same experience...except with a slight tunnel visioning.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Azuredrake

I guess it would make sense having parts of your eyes becoming irritated while trying to meditate or visualize something for longer periods of time while moving your eyes around. Also, not to start an argument here but is probably the reason for seeing the colours not these 'awakening the third eye' or chakra / higher dimensional things that that others are talking about here. Pushing on your eyes with your eyelids closed will make you see colours, doesn't mean your entering the heavens

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azuredrake

Hjello,

Last night I got in bed and shut my eyes. Nothing new there lol. Well, a few minutes into having my eyes closed I started to see this beautiful purple color swirling around when my eyes were closed. It wasn't just purple though. It was a different kind of purple and I can't think of anything else to compare it to. I kept my eyes closed, because I wanted to see more. This has happened before in my life, but it was a very long time ago when I was young. I guess I was about 6-11 maybe? Anyway, I could close my eyes and see the coolest swirls and vivid colors. One object would turn into another, and it was like an adventure. I remember seeing more red back then though. The only thing I can compare it to, and this sounds strange, but one time in my teens I tried mushrooms, and had similar experiences, but that's a whole different subject. Just using it for comparison. Anyway, the colors didn't end with just purple, but that was the constant. Eventually white rings started encircling the purple object which was ever changing. At one time the purple almost looked like it formed two eyes for a short time, then transformed to several different shapes. Ahh, I've got it. The best way to describe it is a purple flame, if that makes any sense. Moving on, the white rings went from circles to triangles, and started moving faster and faster encircling the purple flame and it felt really cool, like I was on a ride. I've also woke up a few times in the morning with brief purple spots in my vision, and then they quickly go away. I concentrated all of my vision, even though I had my eyes closed, kind of in between my eyes and this is where most of the action was. This went on for about 10 minutes or so, and I was smiling most of the time. I even had goosebumps. It was magical. Anyways, is this something of significance, or just a natural occurrence? I just find it interesting that it happened in my very young youth. Heck, I had even forgot all about it until last night when it happened again. Thank you for any and all input...Gum

Pressure Phosphene. It's when you excite your retina while your eyes are closed, either through rubbing them (usually the way to do it) or by straining your eyes while closed (like trying to stare at the back of your eyelids). I used to do this all the time but am convinced now that this hurts your eyesight due to physical damage of straining.

@whoever said that it was uncommon: The only reason it seems that way is because the descriptions for it are vague and almost no one knows what it's called.

en.wikipedia.org...

I even made a Magic: The Gathering card about it:

Thank you. Definitely a possibility, but I don't think this is what I experienced. It happened less than a minute into closing my eyes, and I wasn't trying to focus on it until it appeared. I also nod off at times pretty easy as well. From my understanding, most people take a while to get into the dream-state while going to sleep, but I can start a dream sometimes as soon as I nod off; having short, but very detailed dreams as well. Something else a little strange is sometimes I cannot have regular thoughts without my mind going back to a random memory of my life. Although random, it's vividly detailed, and almost like a snapshot. There has been things I totally forgot happened and I'll be thinking about something, then bam, snapshot. Furthermore, sometimes I can be looking at something and my eyes sort of cross for a split second, almost like when you drift off to sleep, but it's really fast. LOL, that's a lot of random stuff sorry, but I figured this is the place to share it, rather than it going unsaid. =P

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Gumerk]

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk
I started seeing the colour purple with eyes closed a few years ago. The colour varies in intensity and comes whenever I close my eyes day or night. I was told by a psychic that this is my energy colour and I can see" the colours of other people if I relax and express the desire to do so. My husband's colour is green with a gold halo and when we are close our colours merge and swirl...quite lovely. I have discovered a nd pick up colours in group situations and am coming to understand what they signify. For example, at the Unity Centre I attend, when we sing our song of peace and love,my purple becomes a beautiful Crimson. When our group has reached some insight of a spiritual nature, I see indigo. At Stonehenge, I picked up a deep burnt orange in three different places. I have found I can pass my purple to other people and it has often had a calming effect on them. I also tried sensing other people's colours at a Metaphysical Fair and used soul colour interpretations then had people do a relax session on an amethyst BioMat for 15 mins then re sensed their odours. The results were quite fascinating and showed changes. My beautiful little granddaughter actually has harmonious layers of pastel shades..pink lavender purple turquoise. I think anyone can see these energy colours if they give themselves permission to do so. I just silently ask to see the soul energy. Certainly the colours are not always solid and at the fair I saw sparks of silver and gold. Typically, people with psychic or high intuition usually appear purple to me. What fun it all is!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes I do see purple when I concentrate into the nothingness at night. Sometimes it changes to green. I see it every time I want to. Doesn’t appear during the day, doesn’t hurt my sight. It’s perfectly normal. I haven’t ever taken drugs or mushrooms or anything like that. I’ve also seen the colors at night as a child that the users above describe - geometrical colorful patterns. And yes,now they are not as colorful as they were in my childhood. When I overexhaust myself and wake up forcefully during my sleep I have sometimes ( 1-2 times ) seen there colorful patterns with wide open eyes but my mind felt like it’s half asleep. Not a nice feeling.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Berenika

Have you heard about the term Synesthesia?

Add: Welcome to ATS

edit on 16-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Could be just your brain giving you a free trip
.. it does do that now and again through intake .

But the Northern lights was my best Purple

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: insideNSA

i see blue when i get punched really hard in the head. but i don't consider that anything mystical.

The interesting thing with the color blue is humans didn't even start developing the ability to see it until about 6000 years ago. So sometime in our recent past blue wasn't a color and was not used as a color....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join