It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you Sleep: Reconnecting with the Source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Neo reconnected with the source in full waking consciousness in Matrix.

We do it every time we sleep subconsciously, in pieces, as parts of our body and mind that we have taxed recharge themselves. But rarely ever do people consciously enter such states.

Like in the Matrix, the source is the underlying form, formula, energy and awareness of everything in creation. There is nothing without it, so everything you see, hear, or think about it possesses it and is nothing but it, and to know even a little about it, you have to therefore know a good deal about everything.

The source is alive. It's more alive than you are, because to read this you must be at least partially dead, that is, partially separated from the source. The source is life energy itself. It makes up awareness and consciousness, and these are among its most generative and intelligent aspects, its most defining characteristics for those who are aware of it.

Awareness is a primordial kind of energy, more subtle than heat and electricity.

Consciousness is structure upon energy.

Reality is generated.

Creation follows a genesis, a creation pattern.

The universe is fractal in its form.

Everything is ultimately made of consciousness/awareness,

and the separation between things is only perceived.

Archetypes and stereotypes are potentials stored in our minds.

Everything is layers upon layers,

and everything geometry.

Most importantly, everything is only a matter of perspective.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
great post

Ive always looked at it in a similar way, with one sharp difference. There are only three types of states on can be in, two of which are closest to perfection.
1. Full/infinite Consciousness ( God Like )
2. Partial imperfect consciousness ( Humans, bird, fish ect.. )
3. No Consciousness/awareness ( Doll, which is most like to number 1 )

The way i see it you are either fully alive or fully dead, the choice is yours, but you dont want to be in between. 1 and 3 are closes to perfection.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Should i be troubled? Or even what does it mean that my sleep is minimal? Do i have a bad connection ???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, I feel kind of sleepy...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Neo reconnected with the source in full waking consciousness in Matrix.

Hi nice post. Isnt this what we are all ultimatly here to do? To reconnect to the source just as Neo did but in our full awakened state. To experience the manifestation of form but through the aware connection of the Source . To be fully aware and be in a state of bliss knowing we are of the source but still in form.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Okay, so if sleeping is reconnecting with the source why do we use the word "awaken" for those that realize the connection with the source (or just the existence of the source)? Seems kind of confusing, or am I just stumbling on unimportant words and concepts?

So sleeping would be key to awakening? Well, I guess that makes a bit more sense now.

But here is where I'm really struggling to understand. If each time we sleep we recharge or reconnect with the source what is exactly the meaning of being here? I thought we were supposed to reconnect and recharge consciously and willingly. Why is there a mechanism to "backup" if we fail to do so? With this perspective it seems like in the end there isn't much difference in being conscious or unconscious.

Also, what would you say about commas? How does the experience of being in a comma relates to the source?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Great thread S+F

I have been thinking a lot about this very same subject lately. I have been meditating twice a day no matter what for the past month or so and I noticed I was becoming lucid in dreams more often.

When I become lucid my first instinct is to fly because it is such an amazing feeling. Recently I have tried leaving the atmosphere and going into space to have an amazing view of the earth. I became lucid 2 nights ago got pretty high up and started falling. So last night before I went to bed I kept repeating to myself, my only limitation is my own mind. Well it worked and I had one of the most amazing dream experiences of my life. I left the atmosphere and or solar system and was just floating in space looking down at our solar system. I can not describe the detail and the feeling of expanded awareness I had. I woke up in excitement and can't wait to try again tomorrow night.

I do believe dreams are our connection to expanded awareness. Its almost as if waking life is training for the dream world because thats how things really are when we leave this body or reach higher states of consciousness. You have to face your demons and learn to control your babbling mind to be comfortable in the dream state.

Again great post an I look forward to hearing more from others.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Most importantly, everything is only a matter of perspective.

Indeed. I loved your post and agree with your most important point. It is only a matter of someones perspective, that is it, nothing more and nothing less, it is the source of strife, love, agony, jubilation and whatever else. Perspective. In pure true unconditional love perspective doesn't matter anymore, good lesson to learn i think, well we earthlings are the most opinionated breed around so i hope we are learning the lesson tought.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
If each time we sleep we recharge or reconnect with the source what is exactly the meaning of being here?

That's a good question, but if the source were the only point to the whole thing, I don't think we would have ever "left" it, so to speak.

Why is there a mechanism to "backup" if we fail to do so? With this perspective it seems like in the end there isn't much difference in being conscious or unconscious.

I was thinking the opposite, that merging with it consciously, with full awareness, is the critical distinction.

Also, what would you say about commas? How does the experience of being in a comma relates to the source?

The way I see it, "you" or "I" are mostly just our bodies running "autonomously," which just means there is an insane amount of intelligence and order on smaller levels of existence within our bodies. I believe parts of our body can be in touch with the source without our conscious awareness of it, but without the whole body/mind being in touch with the source, the whole system will eventually fall apart and die. So parts of our body can still function wonderfully, and have all kinds of things going on, a whole different world, than anything we are conscious of (just think of all the microscopic bugs and bacteria living on you -- billions or trillions of them! literally another world). And your head/body as a larger system can still be out of touch.

I said in the OP the universe takes a fractal shape. There are at least a couple of threads around here that have posted this image:

A single neuron compared to a model of the shape of the known universe.

Just imagine, in a tiny galaxy within our neuron of a universe, on a tiny particle, way way down low stuck on the surface, are billions of more or less intelligent beings, building civilizations and letting them fall apart. But say this neuron of a universe has a larger brain to go with it that is just too incomprehensibly huge to see. It may or may not be enlightened itself. Similarly in our brains I believe there is a vast array of intelligence inherent to us simply because it resides in the same space we do, in our bodies, on a much smaller scale. Our egos tell us we are "me" and "you" but really we are these billions/trillions of separate parts functioning together with a certain amount of coherence, that gives rise to us.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have a very strong belief that I am one with all,everything,even rocks. Anyone else like this? Do some believe it to be correct?

EDIT: even everything in another dimension, okay by everything i mean everything lol

[edit on 18-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

I wouldn't doubt it..

Sometimes people like to think they have nothing at all to do with everything outside of them. Nothing further from the truth imo.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So as your life goes along, awake, dreaming, awake, dreaming, awake dreaming,

what is really going on?

I'm watching this video, Mind Control - The Mechanics of Mind Control - Tools for the Awakening, and the lecturer just mentioned an experiment where people were deprived of their REM sleep for 3 days -- REM being "rapid eye movement" sleep during which you dream. You do not dream in the more "shallow" phases of sleep, and yet this state has the same electrical signal as when you daydream in your waking state.

So there's clue #1 as to how to merge with the source consciously.

When the subjects entered REM sleep, they were woken up by the scientists, and then allowed to go back to sleep. The lecturer went on to mention that when the subjects were deprived of their REM sleep, it was basically as if they had had no sleep at all, even though they technically were getting hours of sleep. They were irritable, angry, even suicidal, because they were deprived of their dreams.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That is true. Whenever ever I wake up from a dream in the morning, I am always more energetic. I am dead serious, this might be placebo though. Just wondering do you have any theory’s how our brains connects to the source scientifically? Some kind of quantum effect maybe?

g2

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
very interesting. i have often thought the drugs/alcohol society offers up really mess up the sleep pattern, which would be consistent with their attempt to disconnectd us from the source.

i had some interesting source dreams last night, showing me evil, etc. the stuff doesn't scare me anymore.

i see evil as inherently weak and trying to pose as powerful.

its like a little goblin that goes 'boo!'

yeah, boo, thats super....that all you got?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I said in the OP the universe takes a fractal shape. There are at least a couple of threads around here that have posted this image:

A single neuron compared to a model of the shape of the known universe.

Just imagine, in a tiny galaxy within our neuron of a universe, on a tiny particle, way way down low stuck on the surface, are billions of more or less intelligent beings, building civilizations and letting them fall apart. But say this neuron of a universe has a larger brain to go with it that is just too incomprehensibly huge to see.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by bsbray11]

Why not postulate that, that universal neuron (and that model of the universe is just a very very small part of the actual universe we reside in) may infact be one of the very same neurons in our own head?.. for all we know we might be experiencing the universe that is infact inside ourselves... if you get my drift. i say that mainly since I dont see life being able to exist at the lowerest of the lowest level, ie I done see quarks and the like as quantum sized worlds, but who knows.

I am the universe and the universe is me... a mobius strip of existence. The question is, who the hell are the rest of you lot and why are you in my universe/brain

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah this Joe Marshalla dude seems pretty cool. Thanks.

www.repeatlessness.com...

reply to post by bsbray11

top topics

join