It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s latest UFO files raise new puzzles.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists, take note
The files include a little grist for conspiracy theorists.

The head of the ministry's UFO desk wrote briefing notes in 1993 reporting a spate of sightings in southwest England and speculating whether they might be connected to Aurora, a secret U.S. spy plane whose existence has never been officially admitted.

Atop one of his letters, someone scrawled: "Thank you. I suggest you now drop this subject."

The files reveal a 1996 spike in UFO sightings: 609 that year, up from 117 the year before.

Ok, start digging in the 'secret papers' people, maybe you'll see some thing in there.
Just look at the 1996 comment: 609 increase from 117 , in just one year.
That is an pretty steap raise in sightings...

MsNbc source
LONDON - The deputy commander of a U.S. Air Force base in England was baffled by what he'd seen: bright, pulsing lights in the night sky.

Britain's defense ministry couldn't explain it either, but concluded that the unidentified flying object posed no threat.

The National Archives on Monday released the government's complete file on the "Rendlesham Forest Incident" of December 1980, one of Britain's most famous UFO sightings.

It was among more than 4,000 pages posted online Monday documenting 800 alleged encounters during the 1980s and 1990s. Over the past three years the Ministry of Defense has been gradually releasing previously secret UFO papers after facing Freedom of Information demands.

The Rendlesham file contains U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Charles Halt's firsthand account of the event, which has been public knowledge for many years. The file includes the conclusions of a British government investigation and a letter from a former defense chief urging officials to take UFOs more seriously.

Halt reported that two servicemen had noticed "unusual lights" about 3 a.m. in the woods outside the gates of RAF Woodbridge, a U.S. base in eastern England. He wrote that patrol officers sent to investigate saw "a strange glowing object" in the forest.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Dear ChemBreather

They where wandering through the forest chasing a beam from the light house 6 miles away.

Well that is what they will tell you anyway. Where do they get there ideas from???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wasnt that when Nick Pope was at the desk , and the same night when the RAF Cosford _ RAF Shawbury incident Took place , an incident that holds far more interest for me as I live between the two bases , an incident that Pope is on record as saying could well of been interplanetary craft

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Wasnt that when Nick Pope was at the desk , and the same night when the RAF Cosford _ RAF Shawbury incident Took place , an incident that holds far more interest for me as I live between the two bases , an incident that Pope is on record as saying could well of been interplanetary craft

Have you any 'personal' experiences of any sort of activity ?
you maybe have addtional info ! ?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have seen lights in the sky over the years , but nothing I could say with any conviction was a UFO or ET, but the Cosford ... Shawbury incident was interesting due to the amount of credible witnesses over two locations , both military and civilian , one in particular was a MET Office officer who reported seeing a large triangular craft flying slowly over the base and shinning lights down as if it were looking for something and a woman out walking her dog saw a large craft that frightened her so much she ran home , as i said before this is the case that turned Nick Pope from gamekeeper to poacher , if you now what i mean

[edit on 18-8-2009 by gortex]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Here you go ChemBreather , a link from Nick Pope , this will give you a better view of it www.nickpope.net/cosford_incident.htm

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hi Gortex,
Nice Link... I'd love to pick Nick Pope's brain sometime!
I remember the Rendlesham forest/Bentwaters case investigations, and the pathetic attempts at debunking that followed... "It was a lighthouse...." and "it was security guards shining their patrol vehilcles lights through the trees"!!
I hadn't heard much about the Cosford/Shawbury incident you mentioned though. You said it was on the same date? Do you think it's directly related to Rendlesham/Bentwaters?
G

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Not the same date as Rendlesham that was 1980, same date as other sightings in the southwest of England , but who knows , if it was ET on both occasions may well be the same , they all happened at military bases and have reports of lights shining at the ground

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
And with reference to rendlesham , if Col Halt and his crew were taken in by a lighthouse or a prank with spotlights , thinking they were ET , they would have to be pretty dam stupid and if they were pretty dam stupid and the base was armed with Nuclear weapons , it makes me fear for the future of our Island as we still have the American base at fylingdale , with all the supper secret stuff that goes on there
> Mushroom tea anybody

top topics

join