It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican : God and Aliens Can Coexist....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That's exactly the problem! Religion adapting!

If the Christian church was founded upon the death of Jesus, with his teachings, and before that all the religion around Christianity was given by God to Moises and such...

...how can it change over time? I mean, first it was "THE DOGMA! THE TRUTH!"... We were the center of the Universe, because god made it that way! But then science tell us it's not like that.... We are not the center of the Universe....We aren't even the center of the solar system...

...so now the church says "oh...bs! Don't you understand? Those were just analogies so you can understand the creation of the world".

If god himself gave the knowledge (with him being all perfect...), how could he be wrong? How could he teach us something that was wrong? And who the hell gave the authority to the church to question god's/Jesus teachings?

To me, this things are just proof that religion is bs... The opion of the masses.

And against myself I speak... I mean, years ago people looked into the sky and saw a god... Someone smarter, older, wiser and more powerfull than what we could ever be. But they had no proof, nothing, just belief, and they called him "father", and man was to god like a child was to it's father...

...now? We look for UFO's and intelligent beings out there, hoping that they save us from our own destruction, that they teach their ways so we can evolve like they did.

That's why I believe religion is just something made up so humanity can fell better during sleep.

Maybe UFO's and aliens are part of the modern age religion.

[edit on 18/8/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
From a person who happens to believe in the bible, I still don't even understand the faith/science argument at all. By making progress as time goes on, we're not making something new, we're discovering things and possibilities that have always been there. We think we know so much, though it's taking us forever to even make these discoveries. We won't ever KNOW, it's in what we BELIEVE...and we all have a right to be different in that belief and shouldn't seperate ourselves because of it. Personally, I believe in aliens AND God. The word of God says he created everyone and everything. HE NEVER SAID WE WERE THE ONLY ONES!

[edit on 18-8-2009 by rygi23]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.C.
My Father's house has many rooms/mansions. If that were not true, would I have told you that I'm going to prepare a place for you?

Where does the Father dwell again?
Oh yeah in the Heavens.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50f505a863be.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've never read anything Jesus said that was bad advice. Have you? Even Gandhi said "I love your Christ but I hate your Christians".

Jesus taught total coexistence for all of mankind. Peace, love and understanding no matter the circumstances, that was his message.

He taught that there was hope for everyone no matter your creed or occupation!(That's right! Creed! He'd be more than happy to have a glass of wine and conversation with your ignorant #&%) He asked his Apostles to spread the word, not force it. (which is what happened)

I'm tired of all the Jesus bashing! What did he ever do to you? Did he personally wrong you? Did he come on to your property and kick your dog?

Personally, I think we are all stuck here together no matter who disagrees with whom. Can't we learn to coexist and live and let live? Believe and let believe? I think the most important teaching from Jesus Christ that everyone can appreciate (I mean everyone be you atheist, agnostic, Jewish or what have you) is love. I love all of you whether you are an ignorant bastard or a peaceful individual and my life is better because of it. Why cant we all just learn to love each other? Wishful thinking because prejudice (be it against race, religion, region whatever) will never die because mankind will not have it any other way!

P.S. the OP image is Blasphemy, but I have the ability to let it go! So can all you atheists, agnostics, and naysayers let it go that we happen to beleive in god?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaModI'm tired of all the Jesus bashing! What did he ever do to you? Did he personally wrong you? Did he come on to your property and kick your dog?

I don't think anyone here is bashing Jesus tbh, having an opinion about religion isn't bashing.

Going back to the original point, notice in this video at around 1:37

www.youtube.com...

"
In May 2008, a startling proclamation was issued by the Vatican. For the first time in it's 2000 year history, the Catholic Church acknowledged the possibility that intelligent life could exist on other planets and a belief in E.T. did not contradict a belief in God.
"

I believe this is incorrect. They say it doesn't but don't discuss why. The existence of intelligent life elsewhere does contradict the integrity of the bible and faith in God. The only way it would not is if said intelligent life upholds Jesus as the way. Anything other than that (i.e. acknowledge all religions as "equal") becomes troublesome.

=====

Integrity:

If there is intelligent life superior to ours that can bend time/travel immense distances, has far superior intelligence and possibly help mankind in ways we cannot help ourselves (energy, science, cures etc.) than what would the purpose be that they're not mentioned in the bible?

It is impossible for God to lie. God's intention?

The bible details the relationship between humans and God as very intimate. We are unique, God made the universe and "everything in it" (very important), but did not tell us that we are millenia behind other intelligent life (he must have also made) that decide to pop up now and then.

This challenges the integrity of the bible. The authors of the bible did not account for otherworldly life, because God didn't say anything, secondly, they were less enlightened as we are today about science and the universe so they were never in a position to account for that future possibility.

This only leaves the Church to account for Alien intelligence. God is and remains silent on the issue.

=====

Aftermath of contact/disclosure:

How long before someone tries to convert a space travelling superior intelligence to their religion? That would be insulting imo.

But to cut a long story short, in the event of disclosure/contact, I think alot of people would be put off religion, when "someone" else can give us results that are impossible.

Originally posted by DaModPersonally, I think we are all stuck here together no matter who disagrees with whom. Can't we learn to coexist and live and let live? Believe and let believe? I think the most important teaching from Jesus Christ that everyone can appreciate (I mean everyone be you atheist, agnostic, Jewish or what have you) is love. I love all of you whether you are an ignorant bastard or a peaceful individual and my life is better because of it. Why cant we all just learn to love each other? Wishful thinking because prejudice (be it against race, religion, region whatever) will never die because mankind will not have it any other way!

I am quite puzzled by these sorts of posts i've read, well-intended, but I don't see how they address the topic. If this is a reaction to sopposed Christian bashing or something I honestly believe posts so far have not had any bashing-intentions other than an opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join