It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Admits to Study of Roswell Crash Debris!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
This just-received document also reveals........
This 1949 Battelle research study had never before been publicly available until earlier this month.

Wow.

Zelong

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine91555 - or anyone - is this the only document available regarding testing by Battelle for that period ?

This was the second progress report - I assume there was a first and subsequent ones, possibly the contract document itself which would hopefully provide the goals of why this testing was being carried out ?

I know - I should get off my butt and search myself but I just don't have time - and there are people around who know the ropes much better than me.

Would have thought this is an area that warrants further serious investigation though.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Part of what makes the report compelling is that it was referenced in a number of later reports but no one could find this one. Bragalia needs to put the whole story into better context.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi, I am very interested in the Roswell story and shocked at the ammount of people after many years coming out and admiting that it was no weather balloon but an alien craft with bodies recovered etc etc.
Also find it more shocking with so many high ranking military adding to the witness list

From the witnesses at the time its hard to find anyone that still beleive it was a weather balloon

With this type of backing to the so called truth getting stronger and stronger I was wondering what the US government feelings / thoughts are on it? Is there anything around the net with some kind of responce from the Government?

Cheers all
mrix

[edit on 20-8-2009 by mrixxx]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by mrixxx]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For those who were asking I think this is the actual document:

www.foia.af.mil...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunspot0
just found this article...pretty interesting

A research study that has recently been obtained through FOIA offers stunning confirmation that Wright-Patterson Air Force base contracted Battelle Memorial Institute to analyze material from a crashed UFO at Roswell in 1947. Remarkably, the co-author of this very metals study is the same scientist who decades ago had confessed that he had examined extraterrestrial metal from a crashed UFO while he was a research scientist at Battelle! This just-received document also reveals that another one of its metallurgist authors reported directly to a Battelle scientist who was conducting secret UFO studies for the USAF. It appears that the study represents first-ever attempts in creating highly novel and advanced Titanium alloys. Some of these alloys were later associated with the development of "memory metal" of the type reported as crash debris at Roswell.

read more www.ufodigest.com...

Removed 'All Caps' from title

So you actually needed confirmation for this via a web site which you made available.

Have you, yourself, no independent thought pattern to comprehend what has been confirmed through news reels and independent witnesses.

Okay..please stay tuned to Fox news so we can dismiss any past , present or future claims of sightings.

Get it ?

[edit on 17/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Where
are
the
proofs
may i ask?

Not one line, count'em.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

The "proofs" of what - that Battelle were carrying out investigation on the metallic properties of material recovered from the crash of a weather balloon ?

They don't exist - you know that - and the story as it stands will never stack up. What there might be though is a verifiable snippet alluding to a bigger picture that missed the censor.

Linking the snippets will ultimately be more productive than any amount of you tube footage, IMO. Claims will never be proven unless backed up by authenticated documentation, which at least we have some of here.

So why did Wright Patterson contract Battelle to carry out these studies - could have been run of the mill stuff for all I know, new alloys for manufacturing more effective weather balloons ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You are absolutely right. I mean, I puzzled over this article for hours unable to comprehend exactly what it was they were attempting to say or even suggest. I asked others around me but they too were unable to grasp the points the author seem to believe he was making.
I was ready to give up. To abandon the thread knowing that perhaps I might be losing my one chance to learn something of some importance.
But then, thank God, I saw your post.
Debris
That was what everyone was talking about!
You are correct. How do these fools expect anyone to understand this if they have spelled debris incorrectly.
Just curious. Would you refuse to read a government release about autopsies on alien bodies if the spacing on the edge were not regulation?
I do not want to use the word schmuck but when everyone is talking about the possibility of the government possessing crashed craft from an alien civilization do you not think it a bit anal to critique spelling, assuming it was not merely a typo? I do not want to use the word schmuck. Perhaps you could suggest another?
Headlines scream "ALIENS LAND! ALIENS HERE! and the best you can do is check the article for spelling errors. What a schmuck.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
reply to post by internos

The "proofs" of what - that Battelle were carrying out investigation on the metallic properties of material recovered from the crash of a weather balloon ?

They don't exist - you know that - and the story as it stands will never stack up. What there might be though is a verifiable snippet alluding to a bigger picture that missed the censor.

Linking the snippets will ultimately be more productive than any amount of you tube footage, IMO. Claims will never be proven unless backed up by authenticated documentation, which at least we have some of here.

So why did Wright Patterson contract Battelle to carry out these studies - could have been run of the mill stuff for all I know, new alloys for manufacturing more effective weather balloons ?

What I see, looking at the FOIA document, does not look like investigation of a particular "sample" but rather general tests of many different material combinations, trying to find one with good properties.

Notwithstanding that what we are looking for could still be in the missing pages, I notice that they were investigating titanium and its properties in many different mixes with several different compounds.

In fact the original story alledges that this was where the TiNi compound originated, but I find on page -68- of the FOIA document the statement: "As indicated previously, the data do not justify further investi- gation of binary titanium-germanium or titanium-nickel alloys."

It looks to me like (for whatever reason) they did not find reason to persue NiTi alloys. If they had an original sample they had analysed which was nickel-titanium, they would not be giving up on that choice.

If they had an original sample as a reference point, they would naturally try to use that as a starting point and concentrate on variations of that alloy until they found the best composition, processing temperature, etc.

I was excited by the original pronouncement, but having read the FOIA paper that was released, I am no longer excited. If there was analysis of a piece of Roswell (or other) alien material, this particular paper does not reflect it. Saying it did would only be wishful thinking an my part.

So we have to keep looking.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by sandortkassar]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sandortkassar

Fair enough, couple of possibilities could be that either the "alloy" being investigated was not able to be identified or that it's composition was not passed on for this particular research (maybe because it had never been manufactured previously which Battelle would have known), and simply a description of properties that were required was provided.

Agreed that there is no conclusive link, however what would be the possible purpose of this contract otherwise and was this kind of materials research, testing and development standard practice by Wright Patterson at that time ?

I don't have the answer to that, but will do some research when I get time. I think it is an avenue of interest that should be explored as I would have thought there would be lots of other contracts for materials development in existence if that was run of the mill at the time.

The specific contract documentation would be useful also as at the least it would include a general scope if not detailed specifications. Even so, I doubt anything would provide any conclusive links - it was supposed to be secret !

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Further related information can be found here

Is further corroborating evidence beginning to emerge ?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Dear Zorgon

Ok so from what I can gather from this PDF file A link to the document in PDF format at the FOIA site. They where working on this in 1949. But form my understanding which is not a lot it doesn’t seam to mention that they had any samples for anywhere??

However it would seam from wikipedia that work only really began on this in 1962-1963. Please explain if you see the smoking gun that I can not.

From wikipedia
“The nickel-titanium alloys were first developed in 1962–1963 by the Naval Ordnance Laboratory and commercialized under the trade name Nitinol (an acronym for Nickel Titanium Naval Ordnance Laboratories). Their remarkable properties were discovered by accident. A sample that was bent out of shape many times was presented at a laboratory management meeting. One of the associate technical directors, Dr. David S. Muzzey, decided to see what would happen if the sample was subjected to heat and held his pipe lighter underneath it. To everyone's amazement the sample stretched back to its original shape.”

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This article was INTENSE! I'll have to look into the many connections made here, but this is a wonderful and welcome piece news. This adds a whole new dimention to Roswell and what I suspect is the derivative tech created from the study of materials found at that crash. Some of these applications can be seen today. I hope more information comes out about this soon.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by projectvxn]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join