It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman with police-monitoring blog arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
[

She's a white supremacist so she is clearly bonkers

How does having an unpopular opinion make her bonkers?

She has her opinions, you have yours. Surely you are pure as the driven snow and hold no controversial opinions right?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

[

She's a white supremacist so she is clearly bonkers

How does having an unpopular opinion make her bonkers?

She has her opinions, you have yours. Surely you are pure as the driven snow and hold no controversial opinions right?

Her opinion is not simply "unpopular". It is sickening, backwards, absolutely false and only espoused by those whom would prove the opposite of supremacy if any investigation was carried out into their contribution to the gene pool.

I'm sure there are posters on here who are white supremacists, I have no truck whatsoever with saying they are ALL loathesome, awful, destable scum who probably shame good and patriotic Americans.

"Unpopular" - that is the biggest understatement i've ever read on this forum and there have been some whoppers in the past.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Her opinion is not simply "unpopular". It is sickening, backwards, absolutely false and only espoused by those whom would prove the opposite of supremacy if any investigation was carried out into their contribution to the gene pool.

Surely you have evidence to back that up right?

just asking since you seem to state it as a matter of fact and not your opinion.

Lets see the evidence.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Surely you have evidence to back that up right?

just asking since you seem to state it as a matter of fact and not your opinion.

Lets see the evidence.

You mean that the virtue of holding such views isn't evidence enough for you? Just how feeble does a mind need to be to hold this kind of view?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Should I take that to mean you have no evidence and are merely presenting your opinion?

Since you have zero controversial views or beliefs, I guess you feel qualified to state it as fact then correct?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You mean that the virtue of holding such views isn't evidence enough for you? Just how feeble does a mind need to be to hold this kind of view?

The funny thing is: If you said the same things about a certain "God's chosen people" who think the same thing (don't get me wrong, I have plenty Jewish friends), then you'd be labled the rascist and/or antisemite.

Isn't it grand how things work?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

If i really wanted to look into the demographics of these hicks i'm sure I could find plenty. Frankly, as a rational human being I'd rather not spend my time and energy on them in any way.

You can make of that as you wish, sure you will anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'll just take that to mean you have no evidence whatsoever to back up your comment.

You couldve just said so and not wasted any more time on this.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But the real problem here is the Virginia statute, in which an overly broad, ill-defined ban on harassment-by-identification, specifically in regard to police officers, seems to criminalize just about anything that might irritate targets.

It should not be a crime to annoy the cops, whose raid on Ms. Strom's house looks more like a fit of pique than an act of law enforcement. Some of her postings may have consisted of obnoxious speech, but they were nonetheless speech and constitutionally protected. That would hold true right up through her last blog post, written as the police raid on her home began at 7 a.m.: "Uh-Oh They're Here."

When we make laws broad enough that they can apply to anything, then ANYONE can be a criminal. The information was publicly available, provided by the city itself.

The linked article states that no threats were made on the site. The raid and the arrest appear to be nothing more than retaliation. This is not the first time someone has spoken out against the police and ended up in jail.

If there is anything to be learned from this, I would think it would be to get really familiar with the laws of your state and try to look at them with the same broad, ambiguous eyes that will be examining them to see if they can arrest you for something when you get on their nerves.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by elevatedone
I wonder what she's done in her past that makes her want to watch the police so much.

Wow aren't we the one with preconcieved notions?

Maybe someone did something to her? Ever think of that?

NOOOOO!!!!....It's gotta be the citizen.

If I was an undercover cop, I'm pretty sure I'd know what to do with her...The "white supremicists" seem to run on meth. Apparently even the shallowest end of the gene pool can figure out that chemistry.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The police higher than constables are all murderers full stop. If you people do not think so, you have never lived in real world.

I have been monitored by those bastards since i left school in 1993, and they made sure everyone knows everything about my life.

Listen to this people everywhere. If the police target you they will use mind control on you, and take every memory or feeling you have.

So if your being monitored by them, they are probably using this on you.

Does not matter if you have never committed a crime, i have never commited a crime, they set out to murder my life, and will never stop.

If you think this is not true, then you have no idea what the police are doing.

If they do not like you you may get targeted for mind control,a nd they will do everything they can to get you to do something, for you to be put in prison.

So who knows what this person did, but everyone should know what the police are doing.

It's entirely possible that if you had taken your medication, they wouldn't be bothering you. Just reading your post makes me think they had a point...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'd go further. If you are truly a "white supremicist" then by definition you are a danger to yourself or others. I think every state has a place for you to relax and contemplate life with a minimum of stress.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

So you want to penalize people for their opinions?

Very American

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
reply to post by BRQuick

And I'm sure the cops could come up with some kind of "offense" if and when they come after you.

Well, if they did come after me (which is unlikely) with some trumped up charge, then it would eventually go to court. And then if they didn't have a leg to stand on, I'd be found innocent. It's how the justice system works (or is supposed to work).

So, if the charges against this woman are unfounded, they'll be dropped or she'll be found innocent.

Why are the police always the bad guys on ATS, regardless of what they do, how they do it or why they do it?

Is anarchy a better alternative?

My brother had his bike and roll-away toolbox stolen over the weekend and today the police recovered both items for him and are arresting the people that did it. Well d&*m those rotten power hungry cops!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

Why are the police always the bad guys on ATS, regardless of what they do, how they do it or why they do it?

The reason the cops are always the "bad guys" here at ATS is because stories such as:
"The cop who lives down the street and returned my escaped sheep" are not considered newsworthy. Also because of the power the police have we as citizens must be vigilant about abuse of that power.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRQuick

Is anarchy a better alternative?

No Anarchy is never a viable solution so long as humans are not created physically equal.

Nor is Law Enforcement always the bad guys. They can (and are supposed to be) the good guys. Unfortunately, just as with every other group, there are bad apples and those bad apples get more negative attention than the good apples get positive attention. For every Mother Theresa there are 4500 Catholic Priests caught molesting Altar boys. That doesn't make all Catholics bad.

When Law Enforcement upholds and abides by the same laws they are charged with enforcing, then they are doing as they are supposed to do and unfortunately we don't praise people who do what they are supposed to do enough. However, when Law Enforcement crosses the line and makes a boo-boo, everyone is going to jump all over it because they...of all people...aren't supposed to be crossing that legal line. That doesn't make us finger-pointers Cop Haters.

The Police in this article crossed the line, which in this case, was pretty easy to do because the woman was a nut and had it coming. Unfortunately, even if the Police were on the right side of the law (which as the differing opinions in this thread go to show, it is fuzzy either way), it's not going to deter her, but rather reinforce her nuttiness and her issues with the Police. They've successfully turned one Cop Hater into a Cop Hater with a Justified Cause, and turned her into a Martyr. If the Police had a little bit of wisdom, they would have just ignored her Blog and no one would have given it any credence or credibility...she would have just been considered a nutter by anyone who went to it. Instead, they lacked that kind of foresight and not only given her Blog credibility, but gave her credibility, and drew a lot of negative attention to themselves.

There certainly are far worse instances of Bad Cops in the world. This particular incident, by comparison to most in the news, isn't that severe. The Police in this incident weren't corrupt, they weren't abusing their power, they didn't exercise brutality, but rather they just showed poor judgment and thinner skin than any 5 year old on a Public School Playground. There are far worse things that the Police could have done, like Tasering her or roughing her up while she was hand-cuffed, or having the entire squad circle around her and brutally kick her while she was on the ground. These Police aren't bad Police, they just aren't much brighter than the woman they arrested.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
For every Mother Theresa there are 4500 Catholic Priests caught molesting Altar boys. That doesn't make all Catholics bad.

Actually it does in my book and that is because they still lie about it and refuse to be honest about it. Much like our current police state problem. Their is no cause for arrest in this case and if their is then you have committed a crime accessory association because now we should be able to search out the details and find this illegal information from the source.

Do you see the problem there. And when citizens accept bad things like that they are guilty and when cops don't speak on what bad actions exist but tolerate bad cops then they too become bad apples. And in the end all one must really do is look into the mirror and judge oneself as to how much you have tolerated when deep in your heart you know you should of done more and can still do even more in the name of good government and society?

MMMMM?

Part of that all is being honest about mistakes made in the past and as long as the current gov lies about its past, (Ted Kennedy, George bush, Obama, Jeb Bush, Both Clintons, All Bushes, Carter and Nixon, General North, TAKE YOUR PIC AND GET THE BIGGER PICTURE HERE!!!)

So I consider on guilty and unforgivable until the come clean with all mistakes in an attempt to atone... And the US gov has a whole native american genocide to atone for amongst the 400 year oppression, Atomic weapons and fluoride and so much more...

But Once honesty is given we as a society may give our lost trust back to a worthy government..

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I usually support the police on these threads, but I have to be fair here.

I read the woman's blog, and I don't see an "intent to harass" in her posting the officer's information.

If I am missing something please let me know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join