Protestors line Phoenix streets for Obama speech

page: 3
5
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29
 



And I'm just wondering, this is asking all Americans, why do you defend a healthcare system that would kill you faster that you just taking your chances?


Is it the healthcare system that kills us or the life and lifestyle we choose to live that kills us?




posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guru97
I am new to ATS so I'll be brief with my question. Why is it that this healthcare reform is frowned upon by so many? Correct me if I'm wrong but Isn't this the same thing we offer Millions of our nations VETERANS? if it's good enough for them WHY NOT impliment the system to all Americans?


The military health care isn't that great.

I woke up one morning unable to move without feeling extreme pain. It took me an hour to get out of bed and put on a pair of shorts and a tshirt. I then called to get seen by a doctor and they told me I would have to wait 6 hours to see him and my best option would be to go to the emergency room.

It took another 15 minutes for my wife to help me down the stairs and into the car and another 15 minutes to drive 5 miles. She kept having to stop because the bumps in the road just about made me pass out.

We get to the emergency room and I waited 4 hours before I was shown to a room and another hour to have the doctor see me. I was then told I had to have x rays, which took another hour and once I was back in the room I was given a neck brace, shot of valium and a prescription for ranger candy (motrin).

So if you want our health care then you can have it. Just expect to be dissapointed and remember one thing.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.



posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Guru97
I am new to ATS so I'll be brief with my question. Why is it that this healthcare reform is frowned upon by so many? Correct me if I'm wrong but Isn't this the same thing we offer Millions of our nations VETERANS? if it's good enough for them WHY NOT impliment the system to all Americans?


The military health care isn't that great.

I woke up one morning unable to move without feeling extreme pain. It took me an hour to get out of bed and put on a pair of shorts and a tshirt. I then called to get seen by a doctor and they told me I would have to wait 6 hours to see him and my best option would be to go to the emergency room.

It took another 15 minutes for my wife to help me down the stairs and into the car and another 15 minutes to drive 5 miles. She kept having to stop because the bumps in the road just about made me pass out.

We get to the emergency room and I waited 4 hours before I was shown to a room and another hour to have the doctor see me. I was then told I had to have x rays, which took another hour and once I was back in the room I was given a neck brace, shot of valium and a prescription for ranger candy (motrin).

So if you want our health care then you can have it. Just expect to be dissapointed and remember one thing.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.


Yep, I just had some paid-for dental work done, courtesy of the Army, and it was none-too-pleasant. That, accompanied with previous medical issues in the past that were dealt with by Tricare contractors and Army medical workers, make me hope and pray that is not going to be what nationalized health care would be like.

On the plus side, we (military) might start getting better medical care, if that were to happen.



posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
May I present a choice.

VA style, Indian Health Services or the same kind of health care my Reps and congressmen enjoy [that my tax dollars pay for] in contrast to no health insurance at all.

I'll take a government run program and at least get some kind of care.
My taxes are already paying for healthcare for people I don't even know.



[edit on 17-8-2009 by whaaa]



posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
obama will try to get a stripped down version of health care passed thru the congress. They are programing the Weople of saying yes to the lessor version of government healthcare plan. Weople I say NO.

Mark my words if this government run and controlled healthcare bill passes no matter what has been taken out of the bill it will be added back later on down the road into the plan. Who will stop them once it is passed? The time to say NO to any kind of new government healthcare plan is now before our bankrupt nation seizes to exist with insanity spending and insanity taxes to pay for all of this contrived government run spend like there is no tomorrow, insanity. ^Y^

[edit on 17-8-2009 by amari]



posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
Jeez, this is why I dislike America a lot, you listen to idiots like Beck, Hannity, Palin, and Limbaugh. I may not support Obama, but dudes, socialised medicine will help you yanks out. I'm from Canada and we've got the 6th or 7th best healthcare system in the world, while you've got the 37th. Yah sure 1 in 5 of us die, but that's a hell of a lot better that the 3 of 5 you guys have. This is one reason that he went to Canada first. He is copying our health and banking systems (though he's not doing so well with the banking part). The only reason people and politicians hate the bill is because they are being payed off by the insurance companies to talk slander about this health care reform, and you believe the babbling of idiots. There are no death pannels and you will not run out of medicine. You were all tricked by that retarded waste of space Sarah Palin. Has anyone seriously read the bill? If you've have you would support it. Sure your taxes may go up, but come on, isn't that a small price to pay for your health? your beinn beaten by France in health care, hell even Cuba treats it's people better that you guys. Do you seriously want to be beaten by them? You guys must be stupid to oppose this bill. You all wouldn't die cause the friggen insurence companies would have to pay for it and not back out like they always do and leave you holding the bag.


Oh, really? Then how do you explain this?

SASKATOON — The incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association says this country's health-care system is sick and doctors need to develop a plan to cure it. Dr. Anne Doig says patients are getting less than optimal care and she adds that physicians from across the country - who will gather in Saskatoon on Sunday for their annual meeting - recognize that changes must be made. "We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize," Doing said in an interview with The Canadian Press.


www.google.com...



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks
 

Like i said in an earlyer post and that one, I never said that our healthcare system was perfect, but none are.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
reply to post by inthesticks
 

Like i said in an earlyer post and that one, I never said that our healthcare system was perfect, but none are.



Contradiction...you implied that it was so good that Obama wanted to copy it. Pick a side here.

"I'm from Canada and we've got the 6th or 7th best healthcare system in the world, while you've got the 37th. Yah sure 1 in 5 of us die, but that's a hell of a lot better that the 3 of 5 you guys have. This is one reason that he went to Canada first. He is copying our health and banking systems."

[edit on 18-8-2009 by MarshMallow_Snake]



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake
 


Well if Canadas health care system is imploding. Obama is trying to make US health care work like Canadas. Then all we need is for Mexico to sign on the deal and we have some of the groundwork for NAU. Just a thought. They want this done by October, what happens in October? Why the rush?



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake
 


Well if Canadas health care system is imploding. Obama is trying to make US health care work like Canadas. Then all we need is for Mexico to sign on the deal and we have some of the groundwork for NAU. Just a thought. They want this done by October, what happens in October? Why the rush?


Ah, the backdoor to the NAU!

I saw this weekend that the three countries met to discuss some things...it made me think of the NAU.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yes.

There are a few things we should be paying very close attention to.

The global financial crisis and the dollar, which is on it's way out.

Pushing for National ID and computerized banking and nationalized healthcare.

The H1N1 virus. Starting vaccinations in September? or October? for women, children, caretakers and healthcare workers. Also remember that they are seperating responses between this group and the second wave of vaccinations, which will probably be mostly men.

FEMA which has been participating in war game exercises with Homeland Security.

The mexican border and drug cartel.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake
 


Again, I never said Canada's was perfect, that paragraph as me saying that Canada's was better than the U.S.'s. Does that clear anything up?



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29

... Hell France has the best, but you guys don't want to admit that they have a better system than you cuz you guys think your the best in the world. I'm not saying that France has a perfect system either.



If what you state is true, then no one would be coming to the US to get treatment that is more easily obtained in their parent country... or France.


Originally posted by The Killah29

And I'm just wondering, this is asking all Americans, why do you defend a healthcare system that would kill you faster that you just taking your chances?




Dunno... but you hear a lot of bleating that BigPharma and others in the med industry are backing and pushing the anti-Obama/Pelosi healthcare. It's almost a persistant mantra.

Funny...




Aug. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Two firms that received $343.3 million to handle advertising for Barack Obama’s White House run last year have profited from his top priority as president by taking on his push for health-care overhaul.

One is AKPD Message and Media, the Chicago-based firm headed by David Axelrod until he left last Dec. 31 to serve as a senior adviser to the president. Axelrod was Obama’s top campaign strategist and is now helping sell the health-care plan. The other firm is Washington-based GMMB Campaign Group, where partner Jim Margolis was also an Obama strategist.

This year, AKPD and GMMB received $12 million in advertising business from Healthy Economy Now, a coalition that includes the Washington-based Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA, that is seeking to build support for a health-care overhaul, said the coalition’s spokesman, Jeremy Van Ess.

Hiring Obama’s campaign advisers makes sense, said Julius Hobson, a senior policy adviser in the Washington office of the St. Louis-based law firm, Bryan Cave LLP.

“If you’re in support of the president, then you use the people he used,” said Hobson, 61, who teaches a graduate course in lobbying at George Washington University in Washington.

Coalition

HEN’s other members, according to its Web site, are the AARP, the biggest advocacy organization for retirees; the Advanced Medical Technology Association; the Business Roundtable; Families USA; the Service Employees International Union, all based in Washington, and the American Medical Association based in Chicago. PhRMA represents 28 drugmakers, including New York-based Pfizer Inc. and London-based GlaxoSmithKline Plc.

www.bloomberg.com...#


FYI.... AARP is trying to figure out why 60,000 people decided that they want no more part of them.





top topics
 
5
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join