It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force developing airborne version of Pain Ray?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
background on Raytheon's ADS

Raytheon Pain Ray

This is the new weapon system being developed for use in "non-lethal" crowd control type capacity. For those who don't know, this weapon system uses a microwave emitter and antenna to create and focus microwaves that cause an unbearable burning sensation, that supposedly causes no damage. Jeff Rense is saying that people have been indeed injured by this system, but I don't consider Rense a %100 reliable source.

I was browsing through .gov contract awards and came across this:

FBO contract award

This is a support contract for high-energy sytems research at Kirtland AFB.

One of the lovely nuggets that caught my eye was this one:

-- Investigate, test, and fabricate antenna and antenna array concepts capable of adhering to volumetric requirements stemming from potential air vehicle concepts while obtaining sufficient gain to reach RF intensity goals on target at specified distances based on scenario development. Consistent with reaching intensity goals is to explore the phenomenon of air breakdown at various altitudes and conditions, and to explore the physics associated with radiating multi-GW RF pulses in space including partially ionized sources in a vacuum and diffraction of antenna patterns by the upper atmosphere. Work in this area may provide distinct, specialized products and fabrication techniques, unique diagnostics, and innovative methods to overcome air breakdown limits.

So they are studying this technology for potential use in air and space based systems?

another goody:

-- Gain further understanding of microwave effects on various electronic systems. The objectives are to develop improved modeling and simulation capabilities for microwave effects on electronic systems, and evaluate various scenarios to predict microwave effectiveness in engagements.

So they are also evaluating the effect of this system for EMP like effect on electronics.

Raytheon is also marketing this device to law enforcement, how long before this is the preferred method of breaking up protests?

What would be the possible countermeasures to a system like this?

I realized this was posted on a while back but I thought this was good info, seeing as how it lists some exact goals for the program.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

[edit on 17-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What would be the possible countermeasures to a system like this?

If our government demonstrates it intends to use this technology on its own citizens then the only counter-measure I would consider prudent would be to side with our government's enemies and provide them every assistance in taking our government down.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If this is the same weapon I'm thinking of, I saw a video about a year ago when some news broadcaster was doing a story on it (Dont remember who it was or what station he was with). He volunteered to have the device be used on him and it had quite a burning sensation he said. However he hid behind a bed matress and was able to get pretty close to the person using the weapon but his hands and legs were not covered and the waves were able to hit him.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Will be a perfect crowd control device once the people start rioting in the cities.Would be startling to see it used on US citizenry.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Will be a perfect crowd control device once the people start rioting in the cities.Would be startling to see it used on US citizenry.

I guess if it was used to stop US "Racists" "Anti-Government People" "Homegrown Terrorists" It could be justified?

Saying they were in the streets rioting.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yup. It could also be justified if used against health-care reform protestors, Constitutionalists, and our leaders' new-found definition for people who are "Patriots" (people standing up for their rights as American citizens, but somehow the PTB are convinced doing so now means "un-American"
)

[edit on 17-8-2009 by LetTheTruthBeTold]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It was reported in New Scientist magazine recently -

"Microwave weapon will rain pain from the sky" -

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Wembley]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wembley

They are marketing to LEO's so I'm pretty sure protesters were on their mind when they came up with it. I don't see every police dept. being able to afford one, the generator system is large, takes a lot of power for the crowd-sized version. But even a small version would be effective if they swept it back and forth across an advancing crowd. It is supposed to be very directional, they claim the ability to target specific individuals. Maybe the DOD had this in mind when they briefed congress on deploying reserve units under federal control for emergencies.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hi.

That **thing** gives a "heat" sensation. I HOPE it is NOT micro waves,
the same used in our kitchens.

BECAUSE if it IS micro waves, there is a BIG risk to make the targets BLIND.

Micro waves "cook" the transparent inside of the eye, and it gets
white and opaque, the same as an egg ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Microwaves are considered to be between 0.3 Ghz and 300 Ghz. This system uses 95 Ghz wavelength so it is considered microwave. The frequency is different than a microwave oven though.

ADS on wiki

new topics

top topics

join