It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sicking read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
this disgusts me to my stomach i dont know how people can defend the muslim religion when they treat its followers like this

www.guardian.co.uk...

For Abdel-Qader Ali there is only one regret: that he did not kill his daughter at birth. 'If I had realised then what she would become, I would have killed her the instant her mother delivered her,' he said with no trace of remorse.

Two weeks after The Observer revealed the shocking story of Rand Abdel-Qader, 17, murdered because of her infatuation with a British soldier in Basra, southern Iraq, her father is defiant. Sitting in the front garden of his well-kept home in the city's Al-Fursi district, he remains a free man, despite having stamped on, suffocated and then stabbed his student daughter to death.

Abdel-Qader, 46, a government employee, was initially arrested but released after two hours. Astonishingly, he said, police congratulated him on what he had done. 'They are men and know what honour is,' he said.

Rand, who was studying English at Basra University, was deemed to have brought shame on her family after becoming infatuated with a British soldier, 22, known only as Paul.

[mod edit: clipped quoted content, added Required EX tags and Source link]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

And it has been alleged by one senior unnamed official in the Basra governorate that he has received financial support by a local politician to enable him to 'disappear' to Jordan for a few weeks, 'until the story has been forgotten' - the usual practice in the 30-plus cases of 'honour' killings that have been registered since January alone.

Such treatment seems common in Basra, where militias have partial control, especially in the districts on the outskirts where Abdel-Qader lives.

While government security forces and British troops have control over the centre, around the fringes militants can still be seen everywhere on the streets or at the checkpoints they have erected. And they have imposed strict laws of behaviour for all the local people, including what clothing should be worn and what religious practices should be observed. There are reports of men having their hands cut off for looting and women being killed for prostitution.

[mod edit: clipped quoted content, added Required EX tags and Source link]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
what do you expect? arabs for the most part haven't evolved in 2,000 years

These people haven't changed since the time of christ, its like the land that time forgot over there minus the dinosaurs

and the saddest part is, it doesnt look like they are gonna change even in the next 2,000 years

there is always hope though, if we ever get hit by an asteriod maybe they will take the hit for us

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Exactly right. Also, Islam is literally one of the most retarded religions. Islam has very little room for a civilization to advance.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So our whole civilization is horrible because a guy walks into a gym and shoots up the place?

Is every college student condemned because one walked in and shot several dozen people?

If this was accepted, they wouldn't have had to take the guy into another country to hide him.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
reply to post by hisshadow

Exactly right. Also, Islam is literally one of the most retarded religions. Islam has very little room for a civilization to advance.

Exactly, there like a bunch of children in their mentality yet with some barbaric elements added in for effect.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When I read things like this, and believe me, there is a lot of it on the net. I keep thinking what kind of religion is it that makes men murder their daughters for being in love? Oh, they say they are a peaceful religion....but I think they say one thing, and do quite another. Like all of the Book Religions do. I have two friends who live in the UK, they keep telling me the Muslim population keeps growing and growing, and these Muslim men are infiltrating the British government little by little. One friend thinks soon Islamic Law will be included in British law, and she is afraid for when this happens. This is the problem with religion, and some things the Christians have done are not any better. No wonder they hate each other. How about we find an island, put them all on it, and let them fight it out until it is settled? This man who killed his daughter should be hanged in a public square for all to see.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Again, once or two incidences does not dictate an entire religion.

What you are displaying is just fear mongering and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am not a Muslim apologist or a member of the PC brigade. But you do need to realise that the Muslims in this scenario are extremists and do not reflect the nature of all those who follow Islam. They represent a small fraction. While even a small fraction of extremists in a religion with over 1-billion adherents is concerning, it is unfair and illogical to view all Muslims in this way just because of stories such as these.

I agree that the behaviour of extremists is sick and deranged, but do realise that a small sample does not accurately represent the majority population.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

you should take into account that it was not only the father, but also his other two sons, but on top of that, the police force congratulated him on the honor killing...

It is integrated into their society.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by patientobserver

Agreed, what this man did to his OWN DAUGHTER is beyond barbaric - I mean what the f--k? The Muslims make the Nazis and the Commies look like saints. Islam has no place in a free and democratic society.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by patientobserver

Agreed, what this man did to his OWN DAUGHTER is beyond barbaric - I mean what the f--k? The Muslims make the Nazis and the Commies look like saints. Islam has no place in a free and democratic society.

You do realise that you just contradicted yourself.Anyway,extremists...hardly a new phenomena.The only thing i wish muslim communities would do more is put pressure on them,have public debates with them and show the youth how idiotic their views are.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Religion... it's a source of solace and comfort in a world torn asunder by... religion.

There's lots of hideous stuff about Islam. But it's really not like Christianity is that much better. Christian extremists would murder doctors for performing abortions. Christians regularly endorse the death penalty. Remember Bush mocking some poor woman who was about to be executed as he denied her clemency?

I bet most of the people on here who are so incensed with this are Christians, who think they're just so much better.

Well, if you were to tot up the number of people killed in the name of JC and those killed for Allah, I bet, even if you discounted the head start Christianity got (Mohammed was almost six centuries later), that more people have been killed in the name of God.

So don't get all "holier than thou" about this. You can't afford to. Particularly if you're American. Two pointless invasions in the first decade of this century alone? (OK, there were reasons, but not the ones given in public, at least. There's no moral high ground here.)

I am sickened by the hypocrisy of threads like these.

It's also rather amusing that Washington's little Afghani-American puppet, Hamid Karzai, is passing laws that are making the kind of behaviour cited in the OP very do-able...

Worse than the Taliban

The final document has not been published, but the law is believed to contain articles that rule women cannot leave the house without their husbands' permission, that they can only seek work, education or visit the doctor with their husbands' permission, and that they cannot refuse their husband sex.

That's legalising rape within marriage, in case you hadn't noticed.

Equally well, before the US invasion, Iraq was secularised and women could dress in Western fashions and generally enjoyed freedom to travel and work. Not any more.

From the moment in early summer 2003 when Sunni and Shia leaders encouraged their followers to unite to kick out the occupiers, the US and UK began a policy of divide and rule: there was a clandestine bombing campaign around mosques to sow dissent, and after Negroponte showed up, the death squads started, as one would expect given his previous form.

And of course this encourages the rise of fundamentalism. There's a heartbreaking entry in the Riverbend blog (which I can't find, there's too much of it and it's all worth reading) where the author tries to get back her job as a software engineer. She can't travel to work alone any more. When she gets there, strange and intimidating men seem to be calling the shots. Her old boss looks frightened and she can't get her old job back. None of the women who worked there can do so any more.

The kind of hypocrisy, racism and islamophobia inherent in the OP sickens me, frankly.

So to those Americans up in arms about the appalling case cited in the OP: your country created this situation.

new topics

top topics

join