It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY County Must Construct Cheaper Housing for Minorities Near Whites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Are you apologising to me by saying you love the US?

That is so funny, since I am a NZer.

Apology accepted.

I love the US too, well, not their politicians but then I don't love ours either.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This has American media written all over it. They are the only one's that call non Whites minorities even though White's ARE the minorities in the U.S.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by juzchilln]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Yes, the news is skewed.

No, it is not OK everywhere else but America. It is probably bad everywhere.

The news loves anything that will get viewers/readers, which means things that people love, which means anything with a victim - whether it be a murder or not.

We have not changed since the Roman Circuses when thumbs up or down meant you lived or you died, no matter what.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yeah well i wonder what they're gonna do when all the rich "white people " move out and they are no longer collecting those hefty property taxes that that they collect now. Because that's exactly what's gonna happen the minute they start moving in these low income people, heck there are probably those that started planning to move the minute they saw this article.

It's not because they don't want to live around minorities, it's because they want to live in a neighborhood that is low crime.

Here in Chicago affordable housing doesn't mean cheap housing, it means that the government pays their rent through section eight, or CHA, the Spanish housing coilition pays their rent, etc.

When they started closing down the housing projects a few years back they started giving the tenants the option to move to the burbs (Daley's great plan) with the guarantee of section eight paying their rent, and now suburbs that were always safe are having the same gang and drug problems that we have here.

Why is it that this goverment is always promoting this entitlement idea among people, your not entitled to live where ever you want to unless you can afford it on your own. If people want to live in that neighborhood then they should have to pay the same amount as everybody else that lives there.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln
This has American media written all over it. They are the only one's that call non Whites minorities even though White's ARE the minorities in the U.S.

What are you talking about?

Whites (non-hispanic) currently make up 66% of the population of the US.

Last I checked, that was considered a 'majority'.

The next largest group is hispanic, which is officially ~14%. Including undocumented illegal aliens that percent could probably jump to ~18-20%, but white people are still the majority by far.

Just because we are the majority doesn't mean I support 'reverse-segregation', or whatever it is this lawsuit's aim is. I just call bull# when I see it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The tyranny in all of this is the federal governments roll in confiscating tax dollars from those wealthy communities by force, then giving those tax dollars back to that community with strings attached.

Notice, that the community first accepted federal housing funds but didn't comply with all the attached strings, thus the law suit.

1. the federal government never should have taken these people money by force in the first place

2. since they did take it, they never should attach strings when giving it back

3. if they do attach tyrannical strings, law suits against them should be thrown out immediately as the entire operation is unconstitutional.

This is blatant bold faced tyranny.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Its nice to see a fellow Kiwi posting on the boards . I reckon that that the New Zealand governments plan to tackle housing affordability could result in the same problems that have caused the creation of slums in overseas city's . Building Identical houses on government land only seems like a good idea at first but it go bad .

As for the Op it sounds like a rerun of the 60's when in American city's something similar happened under LBJ " Great Society " programs . Once the government housing went up the middle class and high income earners all packed up and left . All that was left was the low income earners and later on society problems .

<< 1   >>

join