It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Pfc. Lynndie England: "I was told to stand there and hold the leash."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by disturbence
how can you be so suprised? its not like this is somekind of annomaly, this is more of a norm when treating prisoners of war by the US gov. this kind of torture to either get info or just break morale is encuraged by US gov.

If you want to get shocked? lets start whith the prisnorners of war that are being kept at guantanamo without any riths at all and wothout even getting charged with somthing, lets start with the fact that since 9/11 the US has broken more serius international laws than any of "the Axis of evil" and to top it of say your doing it for justice and freedom?? # that.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by disturbence]

Shocked? This is war. Some people just don't belong in a soldier's uniform, that's all. And that doesn't only include the Englands of the world.

To read this it would seem that you are singling out the US. Many, many other countries, throughout history have committed much worse crimes, don't you agree? Don't be so silly.

We'll get around to Gitmo. They are getting their prayer mats and 3 squares daily - culturally adjusted meals, by the way. I wouldn't shed too many tears over them. If it really bothers you, then form a group or whatever to help them out. Just don't turn your back on them.

As far as England, she is just covering her little tush, that's all. She was enjoying it, she's guilty, and "I was only following orders" just doesn't cut it.

Apparently her boyfriend once committed abuse on a child. She defended him by saying "He was only mad at me, it wasn't his fault". Something seriously wrong in that little girl's head.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
How absurd...to stand there and hold the leash.

O.k now spot, roll over. Good. Good girl. Ok now spot, play dead. Mighty fine dog you are there spot. Now, just hold the leash while I take this picture, oh you look soooo cute!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It is war and I don't think there's ever been a war where this doesn't happen. The difference today is we have cameras everywhere and worldwide instant communications.

That said, I'd like to believe I wouldn't behave that way, but at the age of most those folks I think it would be hard not to especially if it was being done all around you and encouraged by your superiors.

I think it's important to condemn this behavior & raise the level of treatment of all prisoners. Nothing more. Am I suprised this occured? No I'm only suprised this has become such a major issue.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
Good for her. What we've seen so far is nothing by comparison to what those people do to our soldiers when the capture them. Quit whining about some demeaning photos when those animals are taking videos of themselves ahcking the head off a man who wasn't even a military target.

Those " animals" , who are incidentally PEOPLE, dont subscribe to the geneva convention for the treatment of prisoners of war.

America and its allies do.

Therefore, this kind of behabior is wrong under the rules of that convention.

End of argument.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My Father was a Marine in WW2 and Korea. He Loved this country and was a Marine till the end.
He NEVER discussed what his"Orders" were. He never wanted to think about them again.
He followed his orders, just like Ms. England.
They hand pick certain people to do certain things according to their abilities and intelligence.
Ms. England looks all of 15 and 100 lbs., and not the smartest.
I can bet you she didn't see that in WV, and was probably not only bonding with the other male soldiers, and following orders.
I am not justifying her actions, but I am telling you "An order is an order, Sir".

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Shocked? This is war. Some people just don't belong in a soldier's uniform, that's all. And that doesn't only include the Englands of the world.

To read this it would seem that you are singling out the US. Many, many other countries, throughout history have committed much worse crimes, don't you agree? Don't be so silly.

We'll get around to Gitmo. They are getting their prayer mats and 3 squares daily - culturally adjusted meals, by the way. I wouldn't shed too many tears over them. If it really bothers you, then form a group or whatever to help them out. Just don't turn your back on them

Singling the US out??
back then there was no geneva confensions and real rules of war? and they that did exist where more like guidelines than rules.
Now there�s rules and laws of war and international conduct between nations. And US have through its years as a superpower arrogantly ignored them.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by disturbence

Singling the US out??
back then there was no geneva confensions and real rules of war? and they that did exist where more like guidelines than rules.
Now there�s rules and laws of war and international conduct between nations. And US have through its years as a superpower arrogantly ignored them.

So some words written on a piece of paper are supposed to magically change human nature? People are people, and will respond to these types of situations and stress as best they can. Some crack under the pressure. The Geneva Accords are there only as an avenue of recourse should somebody get caught violating the rules.

It does sound like you are singling out the US.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i wonder if she was also ordered to have sex with several fellow soldiers in front of iraqi prisoners...will she cry rape and claim she did that against her will as well?

what a skank!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What did she say? I was told to lay there and wear the collar? Wait a minute - something is just not right here! Woof woof woof!!! My high school boyfriend used to say that!!! Oh crap!! Even halfway around the world - some things never change. Roof, wwwwooooffff, grrrr woooooof! rwooof, wrooof , rwooof.

The father must be a werewolf or whatever!!! After all who'd do someone like me?

Isn't this whole thing absolutely tragic?

[Edited on 5/14/2004 by CommonSense]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join