It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Mario Bros played by Artificial Intelligence "software" [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Kind of makes you think what other things are out there.. This is a pretty cool video for you gamers out there.

The developer is participating in the contest IA Mario Competition, which as its name suggests is a competition where participants try to create the best algorithm for controlling mario exceed levels at which increases the difficulty. The original game is developed in Java and is called Infinite Mario Bros! (On the page you can find a demo and source code).

In the video we can see that the program uses the A * search algorithm, which are scanned in real time all the possible ways you can make Mario and choosing whichever is more convenient.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That game killed me more than my ex-wife's snide remarks.

Still, it pretty cool. But they're just programming in the variables, aren't they? It's not like the machine is actually practicing AI.

Enjoyed the video and it brought back some memories.

S+F.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah, the title may be a little misleading (just copied)....but in the same time wouldn't AI just program in variables?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That's a cool video, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of the video of those guys who use cheats to see how fast they can beat the whole game.

Videos like this reaffirm the idea that humans should work on addressing natural stupidity before further developing artificial intelligence.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A video of someone(thing) playing a video game. There just seems to be something wrong about this.

But from a programming POV it's intriguing. It's not using cheats, it's actually playing the game. You can see the projected possible paths that the program is analyzing. Chess is harder though.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I guess this was predictable through a computer has a cold think compare to us.

What intrigues me about is that his calculation was to almost fall in the hole!!

You almost can say that it cheated to get out of there

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

check out that one. it has mario following the mouse. aint as fast as the first one though but still smart.

but yeah not REALLY an AI, it's just simulation programming action response if this do that

new topics

top topics

join