It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs[Op Ed]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs

www.billpressshow.com

It took him a long time, but CNN President Jon Klein finally got around to doing what he should have done a long time ago. In order to maintain the professed trademark of his network for objectivity in broadcasting, he realized he had no choice but to fire Lou Dobbs.

Of course, cautious as he is, Klein did not fire the anti-immigration crusader directly, or even alone. He threw Dobbs overboard as part of a vendetta against radio talk show hosts in general.

“The Situation Room,” nor Larry
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Mod edit]
[Please read linked source. This is speculation/opinion at this point]

[edit on 8/15/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

“The Situation Room,” nor Larry King, Anderson Cooper, or Campbell Brown. From now on, said his edict, no radio talkers will appear on CNN. Period.

Interesting direction.

Well, it seems that we will less and less of public prodcasts of opinions that is not pro-tptb.

And I AM NOT at all an Anderson Cooper fan, he's a fraud to the fullest!

But interesting direction nonetheless.

www.wnd.com...

www.billpressshow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Townhall protesters

militia Groups

[edit on 14-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I guess if one shares an opinion different from rest of the liberal status quo, they get the heave-ho.

Dobbs was just about CNN's only redeeming quality........at least he didn't appear to be some ventriloquist's dummy with a Democrat's hand up his backside, manipulating the controls.

Where will it end?????

[edit on 8/14/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I should probably know this and I know the name for sure but who was Lou Dobbs?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Heeeere it comes? Do you hear it? I do. It's the slow creeping footsteps of censorship.

Shhhh. Don't say anything baaaad, I might have to tell.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I personally can say I'm very happy to hear this. He genuinely seemed to thrive on stirring up as many problems as he could, and made existing problems worse. Not the kind of "reporter" that merited full reign of his program content. Too biased.

link   

TBH Dobbs was a bit over the top on many issues (ie. the border). However he was at least voicing his apparently honest opinion. The ability to voice a personal opinion is something that is sorely lacking in today's media. Most shows are prescript-ed or biased to one side of an issue.

They call it news, I call it tripe for the soul.

Wont really miss him as a person but I will miss the act of voicing personal opinion, no matter how off the wall it may be.

link   

I used to like Dobbs all the way back when he was doing business news ...

Imo the last few years he's slowly but steadily lost the plot and has been consumed by the size of his own ego.

If true, the final nail must have been him hanging his hat on that silly Kenyan BC.

Same thing that happened to Dan Rather for pimping the fake Bush National Guard document.

Journalistic integrity and ratings is like oil and water.

And so it goes ...

[edit on 14 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It is shameful. So if you don't follow the "talking points" of the MSM you are silenced? And people wonder WHY we don't trust the Media!

link   
I can't find any supporting stories for this. Are we sure this is real?

link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It looks like I will need to watch Pacifica Radio broadcasts as well as ATS to find out what is happening in the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How can anyone in their right minds now doubt the slant of the MSM? They are doing all they can to promote a one party message. I know some love to paint Fox with the demonic, satanic, evil-incarnate brush, but hell......at least I can get a couple of different opinions from them a few times a day.

Everyone else is getting into the protect-the-administration mode in a way too obvious way. :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I stopped reading after this blasphemy:

professed trademark of his network for objectivity in broadcasting

Objectivity? Yea, right

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I can't find any supporting stories for this. Are we sure this is real?

He's still on CNN's anchor page, so this may be jumping the gun.

I can't find anything on it, either.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
WOW! I'm speechless, well I guess it really isn't that much of a surprise considering our current state of affairs.

All I can say is Lou Dobbs was one of the few journalists left out there with any integrity.

I'm sure he was just as glad to be out of that NAZI controlled news station.

We really are #ed!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The source (a blog) was posted at 10 AM. If it was real, I'd think there would be other sources by now...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs was the only reason I really paid attention to CNN. I'm sure he'll find a job elsewhere. Fox anyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The source (a blog) was posted at 10 AM. If it was real, I'd think there would be other sources by now...

Well, we'll surely find out in an hour and forty five minutes.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I googled and got several hits.

Edit to add; But can't get anything else, to be honest. . .

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

link   
Well, it's official, the CNN channel has been officially deleted from my households channel sellection. There is no longer a reason to watch it and hopefully another news souce besides MSNBC will pick him up or that he is able to sue if their are grounds. He was the only true fair, honest, trustworthy person there!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join