It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A review "District 9"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just got back from the movieplex. This mockumentary is social commentary crouched in a sifi theme. Part transformer, part alien, mostly schlock with plenty of gun play, splosions and gooey dripping liquid, blood splattered humans, some real cool gross lab scenes, and cgi looked like it was done on a Pc.
Parallels with apartheid were very obvious.
There were some glaring continuity gaps and and the screenplay IMO started well but became very corny as the movie "progressed". The premise was great but degenerated into a tired shootem up. However I smell a sequel; I bet they shot it at the same time as the original. I had really looked forward to this flick. I left disappointed.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by whaaa]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm going to give this thread a bump now that plenty of people have seen the film.

Perhaps I can get some feed back now.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I haven't seen it yet... it doesn't even look interesting to me, but the word "mockumentary"... is it another Cloverfield or Quarantine?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have to agree with you, it sucked! I was very disappointed in this movie. It barely deserves to be run on late night basic cable. I can't believe Peter Jackson put his name on this peice of garbage!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
For me it started out flat and boring, and as it progressed it sucked me in to the story. I don't see how it could have been the opposite for you OP, the beginning quite frankly was a bore and really had nothing to do with the storyline of the actual movie.
The movie was great for anyone who's going to see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I liked it. It had very interesting comparative dynamics to modern day social structure, had awesome special effects, and I thought it was pretty funny in a lot of parts.

Its not Gone With the Wind...but I dont think it was meant to be. I would recommend it, very unique concept and very entertaining overall.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Haven't seen it yet may see it in a couple of days time.

top topics

join