It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid Sightings Claimed in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Mermaid Sightings Claimed in Israel

news.yahoo.com

Locals and tourists in the Israeli town of Kiryat Yam have been flocking to the coast in hopes of glimpsing a creature that most people believe only exist in fairy tales.

An alleged mermaid, said to resemble a cross between a fish and a young girl, only appears at sunset. It performs a few tricks for onlookers before disappearing for the night.

One of the first people to see the mermaid, Shlomo Cohen, said, "I was with friends when suddenly we saw a woman laying on the sand in a weird way. At first I thought she was just another sunbather, but when we approached she jumped into th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In my opinion, this sounds like a hoax, but what if it's true? Are there any animals around Isreal that look like mermaids? Any seals or anything like that? If anyone knows, please post something about it.

There is a 1 Million dollar reward for the first person to photgraph the creature. I hope to hear about this mysterious mermaid if Isreal in the next few weeks.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm guessing it was some Palestinian girl with cleaver outfit and a plan to get the heck out and go to to Europe or America...

I'm surprised half of palestine hasn't donned outfits from the last harry potter movie on sale on e-bay and tried to slip the heck out of there before the shtf...

"Abraham don't shoot it is a Centaur!"

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another thread.

Seems to be a hoax to drudge up some tourism in a small town.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How can something with a tail *jump* into the water...if it was lying down on the sand it would have to crawl or flip about into the sea.But yeah hoax anyway so doesn't matter i guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If it is a good hoax then that rewards money would be claimed and gone by now - if the girl has made up an outfit then how hard would it be to arrange for a couple of photos to be taken?

It's a nice angle on the tourists though - the town cannot be held responsible if it does turn out to be a hoax and it's in their interests to keep it going as long as possible.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
If it is a good hoax then that rewards money would be claimed and gone by now - if the girl has made up an outfit then how hard would it be to arrange for a couple of photos to be taken?

It's a nice angle on the tourists though - the town cannot be held responsible if it does turn out to be a hoax and it's in their interests to keep it going as long as possible.
I hope a picture does come out. It will be the new Loch Ness.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It sounds like a hoax. It sounds like it's too good to be true. I would agree that it's kind of a silly story to bring about tourism there.

top topics

join