It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain suspends Turks and Caicos government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Britain suspends Turks and Caicos government

www.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain ordered the suspension of the government of its Caribbean territory of the Turks and Caicos on Friday after an investigation found evidence of widespread corruption.
It said the step was needed to restore good governance and sound financial management in the territory.

Britain launched a probe into alleged corruption last year which found "clear signs of political amorality and general administrative incompetence."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's becoming so difficult now for the British to hide their own dirty laundry that to deflect scrutiny from its London financial criminal operation it has to pretend to punish one of its own subsidiary financial criminal operations to look as if it enjoys good governance and fair dealing in the global financial system.

I suppose these old eyes can hope this is a sign of changes coming in even one of the world's oldest and most well run financial piracy operations in history and not just the same old dog and pony show as usual.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I just think its amazingly cool that the UK can just say... "Ok ... no more gov for you... let's change it all up"... unilaterally

Now *that* is power.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You are right. That is pretty interesting...just shut them down and pick new leaders without even having to alert the public first.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

What are you rabbiting on about, IDK88? Did you actually read the Reuters link you posted?

The UK is within its powers as the Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory.

Link to FCO

Regards

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Since they are in control then they should stop pretending to be surprised by the corruption...they knew well enough what was going on for all these years and now they want to act surprised and appalled

I guess selling one another out to make for good PR is also a common practice on your Island.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

You should do some research on how Overseas Territories are governed, the role of the UK Government and the remit of the Governor.

Regards

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I've been looking for a new project maybe I will...I guess I'll learn that the British aren't actually responsible for anything that happens...even in their own territory.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
C'mon Canada... I hope Canada gets 'em...
Cheap Westjet flights to the beach...

www.canadiancontent.net...

new topics

top topics

join