It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"the middle way"
and as Doctor Octagon plainly says "leave me alone leave me alone, politics politics"
"those who seek power are not worthy of that power"

I loved politics, until I understood them. Then I decided I didnt want to dabble in black magic anymore...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
"the middle way"
and as Doctor Octagon plainly says "leave me alone leave me alone, politics politics"
"those who seek power are not worthy of that power"

I loved politics, until I understood them. Then I decided I didnt want to dabble in black magic anymore...

This is a post I will cherish for a long time to come.

I have never liked politics, in my entire life, but through studying them, and surviving ruthless "office politics" I have become better at them than I ever care to admit.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am absolutely neither one - I used to consider myself a Liberal - but now after getting educated - I am for going back to a "For the People and By the People" government - since we don't have that anymore.

It is "For the Elite and by the Elite".

My two cents worth.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Interesting indeed. I used to believe in a Government that actually was about and stood for "by the people, of the people, and for the people", but alas, I have given up that gran illusion that is so strung out in front of American's like a carrot on a stick.

I believe we need to take it back though, not through any type of nast crap, but instead legally.

How To Overthrow Your Own Government, Legally and Without Violence, In Order To Survive

It just takes people able to see that there is the ability to actually get control of the Government, back for the people who are supposed to own it.

The American people...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks.

I'd have to agree with Maxiumus though that we are all susceptible to being "pushed" to do anything, nobody is above it. What defines us is the way we go about handling the "push". Some will react violently instantly, other will go about it peacefully, then other will take it on the chin go home lick their wounds and think about the best course of action and the situation at hand.

I'm sure everyone on this board has views that would land them on a watch list, myself included. That is because the nature of the government, they are looking for weak easily manipulated people to keep in the "fold" so to speak.

I posted a thread earlier in the week about how politics is more like a spectator sport than anything, people watch and cheer on their side, when the mess up they lash out a little about the mistake, then go right back to defending them. All the while they are completely clueless, or rather they know it happens but rather stay in denial, that after the "game"(issue of the day) is over they all go have a beer and shake hands and talk stuff to each other.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree, a tennis match.

*pop* This Senator was caught screwing an intern, news at six o'clock...

*pop* Today, the President spoke on the Health Care issue, more at 11...

*pop* In todays news, a building was blown up in what may be deemed a "lone nut" scenario...

Feel free to post your "tennis match" thread in here if you would like.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's right here, feel free to add anything that I missed or compare it a particular sport or whatever.

I like this thread you started though, I feel that it seeks to attempt to find common ground between the members, and allows us to have starting point to work towards a common goal.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yes, to "Deny Ignorance", one must truly be open to any possibility.

Are we being falsely lead torwards Civil War?

The thread I posted above is the example of the type of thinking I am referring to on a grander scale, for the populace at large.

I have to have posted on there but I will, I assure you.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Very Relevant thread to the current times!

While the closest "party" affiliation I can agree with is the Constitution Party... I can pretty much sum up what I believe about government with two quotes from Ronald Reagan.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. "

and

"Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets."

Ronald Reagan

Limited government, Sovereign States protected by the larger Federal Arm, not from it.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes, this is so true.

What if in fact the "Shadow Government" was fighting the regular "Government" in a modified version of "Capture the Flag" in order to create the illusion that American's were in fact, causing their own destruction?

This would be a psuedo-war, or "false-flag" war to keep things escalated at all time.

So, what if someone created a perfect simulation for the "false-flag" on just one person, say, perhaps, Lee Harvey Oswald, or Timothy McVeigh?

Would you, or anyone for that matter, stand up to it and defeat it, or fold like a house of cards and fill the patsy role?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am curious.

Is it a foregone conclusionnow that any action by any individual or group of individuals is going to be seen as a blind and mislead mob bent on their own destruction because they cannot see they are being played?

Up until the last election, citizens who were active politically were put up on a pedestal and lauded as elevated thinkers.

Now they are idiots who are just being used?

Most of the people in this country are asking for the same thing. Reasonable government and fiscal responsibility. The system has been usurped by absolute extremes and the majority of the population marginalized to being unthinking fools.

So, now that we are redefining who is right and who is wrong yet again, is there any way to be a good citizen besides sitting on your butt and trying desperately not to offend somebody or be seen as an extremist?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Hrmm, good question.

I think it would depend upon the logistics, honestly what ever false-flag war was being fought it wouldn't be in anybodies interest, it would be which ever power broker stands to benefit the most.

If it were me and I had the resources, I'd my best to protect those resources and dig in and let both sides destroy each other and then at their weakest moment use my resources to usurp both power brokers at the same time. That is what I would do at least.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Good point.

Are we as a society being in fact domesticated into "political correctness"?

This still equals to me, like sheep being lead to the slaughterhouse, being docile is in fact just making it a simpler, cleaner, and more effective "kill".

"Right" or "wrong" is in fact subjective to the perspective of those who are or are not being influenced, whether with or without an agenda, and to top it all off, you were taught to think one way or another, whether you see it or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well, for instance, I keep hearing about the "Seven World Bankers" and how they control the world.

So, what if, they are in fact, manipulating the world, to wage war against itself, the people are fighting, black vs white, Republicans vs Democrats, us vs them, and right vs wrong?

This is simple divide and conquer, and at its basic core, even a three year old can see through it.

You remember the old saying...

To have peace, you must first prepare for war...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Cool. But I don't involve myself in a political party. I never found it useful, I do however, enjoy reading about the subject. But now its NOT really about politics and the people, its about politics as a profession, not a calling. What a world in which we have weaved.

Star, Flagged, and DIGGED.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am neither i just want to live my life, not caring about which criminal gang runs society.

link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by badgerprints

"Right" or "wrong" is in fact subjective to the perspective of those who are or are not being influenced, whether with or without an agenda, and to top it all off, you were taught to think one way or another, whether you see it or not.

Obviously we were taught to think one way or another and you can't help but know that sometimes those ideals change over the course of time but that is usually a slow process based on maturity and experience.

The subjective wrong or right seems to change with the weather.

link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear TML, Happy Birthday to you...

Thanks for popping in and thanks for commenting, mate.

Can't you just wait to turn 21 now?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I am neither i just want to live my life, not caring about which criminal gang runs society.

So, what if one of those "criminal gangs", as you so eloquently put it, want to end your life?

What if they create a gulag, or prison, and because you are docile, you are herded into the cell, waiting for your number to come up, your name to be called, changed into a number, and then it is off to the "showers" which are in fact the cyanide poison which will kill you?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

lol, I guess I am. 3 More years from today and I will be 21. It was a good thread and thanks for sending it my way

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join