It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tolerance Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Tolerance - a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
Source - Dictionary.com

Have you ever wondered why all the groups of people that demand tolerance appear to be so intolerant of those who disagree with them?

For example, remember how supporters of gay marriage did everything they could to besmirch the character of the young, beautiful pagent contestant who simply stated her opinion when asked whether she supported gay marriage. They took her innocent and apparently truthful (to her) answer and tried their best to make her look evil for having those thoughts. The truth is that they were the one calling her names and trying to destroy her in front of the world. They were the ones being intolerant and abusive. The very things they accused her of being.

Or, look at how people like Jesse Jackson or the Rev. Al Sharpton use tolerance as a means to blackmail large corporations into giving them money in order for them not to get their followers to start calling that company intolerant.

Or, look at the Hate Crimes Bill, which seeks to create a special protected class of citizenry simply under the guise of tolerance.

I believe the tolerance movement is just a way for ANY minority group to make themselves out to be the victims in our victim-loving society. This way they can use guilt to make people accept their points of view, while at the same time denegrating those groups that oppose them. I guess the old saying would apply, they want to have their cake and eat it to.

How is this a conspriracy? Well think of how much power and support you can gain if you can convince the majority of people that they should tolerate your behavior, and that anyone who disagrees, regardless of how valid the reason is, is evil, stupid, or unenlightened. Then take that a step further and use it as a way to legislate out those who disagree with you. That is pretty powerful if you can pull it off.

Now I am not saying the idea of being more tolerant is wrong, so much as I am saying that it is being abused by certain groups in order to make money or push through their agenda.

So next time someone tells you that you need to tolerate their lifestyle choices you should stop and really think is their valid reasons to not accept their behavior. Maybe there is.

I say tolerate what you want to, but do not tolerate things just because some else says you are wrong for not tolerating them. Make up your own mind, instead of them forcing you into the behavior they desire.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE THAT TALK ABOUT TOLERANCE!!!

Ok, silliness aside, another word you may want to use is hypocracy.

1. The government trying to sell a healthcare plan they won't use.

2. A political party that separates along lines of skin colour then complains when they segregate themselves.

3. A community organizer complaining about organized communities.

4. Punish prayer in schools, then have them swear on a bible at their trial.

I could go on. . . .

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I totally agree with you but I beleive it transcends just race. I remember i used to throw items at lazy people in gym class who whined all the time when they didn't get the ball.
But apparently, you can be lazy, and SAY you tried, and you still get an a for effort...sweet, isn't it.
Basically, I think being lazy is intolerable yet other people say it isn't. In my life I've noticed the lazy people whine the most, and in many cases even get veteran whiners to take on their whines..aka, they don't even whine to the hand that feeds them it's third party whining it's pathertic.

that's my experience in the tolerance conspiracy

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I definitely see your point Heyo. Nowadays when people are lazy not only do they whine, and eventually become too lazy to even whine and have to involve a third party to whine for them, but we also have all of those people out their that try to make exuses for why these people are lazy.

Things like lack of proper nutrition because of poverty or depression, etc.. But the truth is that they decided what to eat and things like not being lazy are good ways to get the postive chemicals that help to overcome the symptoms of depression.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Great list and also add to that the people that want everyone to accept their lifestyle choices, but then want to disband any religion that disagrees with them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

aahhhhh, missed that!

Nice one.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am one that is big on letting people do their own thing and accepting people for who and what they are. I guess I am big on tolerance. Yet the one thing I cannot tolerate is intolerance. LOL

When that whole thing with the Miss California happened it made me so angry. The same community that lobbies and works so hard for people to accept them and their viewpoint and life style tried to crucify this young woman for simply stating her opinion. I think she stated her opinion in a very classy and kind way and as a supporter of gay marriage I was not in the slightest offended.

Sadly this is human nature. "I want fairness but could give a hoot if you are trampled in the process". We have a very long way to go.

new topics

top topics

join