It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we wont 'wake up'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConspiracy

First of all, hi to everyone. I have not been on here for a while and it is nice to see some of the posts on this thread.

I live in the UK and from some of the stories I hear about the US are frankly scary. Surely though that is the point, these stories are there to scare you. The more people that are scared by these stories the more powerful TPTB get. If we banish fear from our hearts these people hold no power over us.

You are right about the constitution but is this (an armed uprising) really the best way to go? I simply dont know.

I also support the people who serve in the forces, I have a friend who has recently been in Afghanistan and I am sure he has killed people. I love my friend but they must only find solice in the pomp of their surroudings and the knowledge that they are helping to protect our nations. He is an intelligent person and I am sure that he had seen the patterns within western foreign policy that I have seen, he would start to have doubts about the very administration he fights for.

Basically he is a government sanctioned murderer and I truly wonder how he sleeps at night. I wish he would see the lie he is fighting for. I truly detest the UK and America (and the consequences of their relationships thereof) for the upset and terror they cause around the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasncreme

There are a great many reasons why I believe I have 'woken up' but my parents did not point me in this direction. Yest, they will listen to me when I discuss my opinions with them with an open mind.

I think many people can be alienated by the type of subjects we discuss on ATS. It must be something to do with the gravity of the changes that would be made if they were to acknowlege the existence of these issues.

I tend to use the drip effect on people. You mention a solid fact that can't be disputed, something like the fact that flouride was used in the concentration camps and is potentially going to be entered into the water system for our area. You then explain the effects that this has on people at varying rates.

This technique seems to work for me, I would then continue over a period of days by expanding upon this.

Some people are beyond this. It is difficult to be able to tell between the people who can be helped and those that cant, yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can tell you why people won't 'wake up'. It is an absolute truth that people prefer to believe in fairy tales then listen to the grim reality. Fairy tales that people believe in are a lot more pleasant and mind settling than reality.
edit on 23-1-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There's a lot of stuff going on out there but I watch people who just seem to walk around with blinders on, like there's nothing to be concerned about. I don't understand this but this is how our government would like everyone to be honestly think about it. A lot of people don't seem to ask questions or nothing as if on a ride that someone controls.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I suppose you have a point... it is a cliche but it does seem that as ATS becomes more mainstream, it is losing some of it's clarity and perception. Many of the threads now seem to centre around particular political figures who are usually encapsulated in the blinkered or nwo movements. By blinkered I mean people who tow the line for their own sanity. We KNOW many of these people are simply a waste of space, why focus on them?

I mean the political situation in Britain and America is so pointless...

I have not seen the mosque debate on ATS.

This I like...

A true awakening involves discarding the system in place and rejecting all forms of fear-based techniques.

I could not agree more

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by luminev

Very true. I think you have to look at this delusion in a holistic way otherwise you can miss the point. Basically it runs like this. The world is in an awful state, with poverty, oppression and cruelty being widespread, yet the people who have the power to change this... US, do nothing about it. Programs like the Apprentice help to create an environment of competition, where those who are able to earn vast sums of money are help in higher regard than those of modest means.

Some people know that if you are nice to the right people, or at least tow the line, you will be rewarded with comfort, happiness (:/) and ultimately the satisfaction that you are not a starving child in Africa
. I could have taken this root. It takes a strong person to make this decision.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I personally think some people dont want to consider..or simply can not fathom the world as we know it is comprised of sinical minds with the advantage of money and power to persuade us to think one way dissuade us from another all of the evidence is being exploited and yet people do not want to open their eyes they just shut them tight and hum a harmonial little tune to keep them thinking in the state they were brought up with the world is a safe place the president holds our best interest technology is glorious..were being manipulated, molded,constructed,dummed down and brainwashed..and then i think why is that we are here posting on this thread are we mentally superior and that gives us some edge over the rest to understand these conspiracies and stay skeptical and aware...my biggeest concern is these rdif chips now they are saying it can be made as small as a spec of dust i dont want this thing in my body they know a majority wont but considering how subtle it can be if they want it in us enough...who says when they ask permission they wont proceed anyway with thise that refuse..being shunned is one thing being injected with a volatile microchip involuntarily..is something utterly different..ill end it with this not to conclude but just to make a closing statement in regards to the chip..my guess is they cant want hundreds of them swimming in us so tobacco, sports drinks anything that can be consumed imbibed or ingested most likely wont have one in it..well lets hope not

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Very interesting idea.

I would say the same but with one subtle difference. Instead of truth, I would call it love.

I suppose the two terms are firmly intertwined.

Will you use your gift of Free Will to choose to serve others; or, Will you use your gift of Free Will to serve yourself?

This is a good concept. I totally agree that this is important and also something that I have come to see as increasingly so. I think I will have to ponder this question to really try and flesh out what it means to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Enlightenment is a word that seems to of been hijacked on here if you was enlightened you wouldn't be posting on here you would be with your brothers/sisters, you wouldn't need peoples affirmation, you would doing what you thought to be right. Oooh wait isn't that what everybody does in there everyday lives? Waking up isn't about forcing people to take your opinion on board, just because people don't believe what you say doesn't make them wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
People don't want to wake up. They know it would make them responsible.
Everyone has been told at some point in life that we found ourselves walking on a surface of a huge sphere in pretty much endless space. Those who decided to give this second and third thought are now aware of 'invisible', some of which blindly falled into religion (which has been made to be 'the first net')
Those who brushed it away with more 'direct' stuff this made their habit. They are done with it.

great article here:
www.whale.to...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

Your point is well taken. I'm new to posting on ATS, although I have been reading it for a couple of years. I'm in the so-called alternative health field and advise people on nutrition and its importance in health. People may not want to wake up to political realities, but there is definitely a revolution going on among people who are trying to maintain their health. In a real way lack of health insurance has caused many to begin to research what it takes to stay healthy, and not just deliver themselves up mindlessly to the medical and drug establishment. I see people in their 80s comfortably using the internet, researching side effects, learning about proper diet and lifestyle changes, and they see it having positive effects on their health. This revolution will not be derailed, although the drug companies are working hard on it.

I live in a very conservative community. I have spoken to teachers about 911, and right away, out comes the "conspiracy theory" dismissal. "Where's your proof?" they say. I say, if I show you proof, will you read it? Their answer is either silence, or no proof I offer would be enough. I think this is a phenomenon peculiar to Americans, and maybe Canadians, to a certain extent. They've been so comfortable for so long, subjected to Hollywood movies pushing the John Wayne/hero mythologies we love to wallow in. Humans are not rational beings. Edward Bernays used this knowledge to help launch the era of advertising and mind control, the results of which we are seeing right now. I think Chris Hedges, of all the leftists writers out there, has the political scene nailed. If you want the truth, you're going to have to demand it en masse. If you want to stop the war machine, you're going to have to put your body in front of the tanks. Voting doesn't work. However, nothing indicates that Americans will ever do what the Egyptians are doing right now. New Speak is just too powerful and convincing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You are right, it is ultimately their choice.

I think planting seeds is the best way to instigate change.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Cedik because: spellin

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I allways relay what Iv learned to my girlfriend in the hope to wake her up. But recently iv realised she is quite aware but just doesnt care to do anything about or talk about or act in anyway different than she used to before.

It started with me telling her how the govt are bull # and our laws in britain are bull # too. I told her I dont have to pay any tax if I dont want to I dont have to pay my tv licence if i choose not to and so on. And i told her surly solicitors and everyone knows this so why dont they tell you When they are representing you?

Anyway we had bailifs round the other week for me not paying my tv licence, so i showed her how to get rid of them by saying the right words (its kinda of like harri potter, if you say the right things you can make people dissapear
) any way so I did and they have not been back since.

Then the other week at collage she had a retired magistrate taking her class and she asked him about the things iv told her. and he told her that I was right, she came home that day and told me that i was right and seamd a little shocked.

But now if I tell her something off this site or i spot some bull # on the news and explain to her why its wrong she just isnt interested, she will look at me while i talk then go right back to reading her woman magazine or watching eastenders.

So that me given up on the hope that if i can get my girlfriend in the know she will gossip to her mates and get them in the know and spread the word.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
John Nash once said something along the lines of "To some extent, sanity is a form of conformity", I read this as to be free of conformity you have to be prepared to be labeled as mad/different. Why is difference so scary to people? Maybe as a ATS collective we should open Free Thinker groups in our local areas! Better not, we'll only be labeled as terrorists!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...sometimes when i hear (or read) someone say the over-used "wake-up" line, i wanna smack em with a rolled up magazine to see if they're really awake...

If only

...you might be a victim of lack of mind control (ahahahaa) if you frequently use any of the phrases: "wake-up!", "it was like a slap in the face!", "the powers that be" or "when shtf"...

I think these phrases should not necessarily be treated in the same way. This thread centers around looking at the way 'wake up' is used.

I use 'tptb' and 'shtf'. I feel ok about using these phrases. We know there is an overbearing authority on the earth and that potentially one day the s may htf

That aside, the problem is the format that people are fed 'conspiracy' theories in. tptb do a fantastic job of making real evidenced truths look like the ramblings of mad people.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

because the nephilims ARE making it a lot harder ( remember the lootings in IRAQ of the museums and archeological sites...) .
THOSE ARTEFACTS ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR THIS PLANET!
We must get ridd of these ALIENS OF OUR BACKS AND PLANET!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConspiracy

Unless, You decide to choose to serve, If you choose to serve you effectively render your mind obsolete and it in turn refuses to accept the truth, The truth that we, As human beings have the right, the gift of freedom, Free will,

I totally agree... If you choose to serve, you are effectively saying 'point me in the right direction and tell me when to pull the trigger' scary.

the bible states that 'god' made man in his image, Thus meaning how he wants us to be, Therefore when you choose to serve you give up your free will, This is not how god would've wanted you to be however he will not interfere because of "Free Will" We we're given free will and to give it up is to give up the truth Least that's what I think

If god made us in his image would he want us to be like him? You are right, we are given free will and thus given the option to fight for whoever we want or jump from a bridge or paint ourselves blue, stick carrots up our bottoms and call ourselves wendy.

I very much like your belief in this, which I can tell is strong. If you read this in the bible and you live your life by it, are you not giving up your free will?

I believe in love, something that no-one can shake. It is my free will to believe in this.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
from what i've noticed, it's not the theory people are unwilling to believe, it's the people spreading the theory. notice the stuff government/secret society doomsayers have been saying since the 60's, "if you're not with us, you're a CIA government plant or a sheep!" now have a look at various prisonplanet/infowars articles, rense fanboys, pretty much every conspiracy theory youtube video ever, hell even some on this site have it, i've noticed that most, if not all, detractors are immediately railed into the ground, despite evidence of the contrary of whatever the article is saying, is labeled as a "disinfo shill" or a "sheep"(which is funny when they all decide to call someone a sheep in unison and the irony is lost on them). at that point, whatever theory or damning evidence is provided is moot, because the people who believe it outright refuse to accept they can be wrong, despite evidence proven to the contrary, and that itself is a HUGE red flag: a group of people who tout the message "QUESTION 9/11, QUESTION OKC, QUESTION THE FORT HOOD SHOOTINGS, QUESTION THE OFFICIAL STORY AND THE MSM!" get insulted when you question them and their message, when you wonder if they have an agenda about as much as the government they're questioning does, then they insult you, and then you begin to detract from whatever they say completely, thus ruining anything they can produce(although you can argue there's always a market for fear).

if the people spreading the theory are insane, you start to question the overall message the person spreading it speaks, and it makes it hard to believe them. if you want to wake people up, every time they question you, answer them with a real answer, with your evidence, instead of "LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE YOU IDIOT SHEEP IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU I WON'T TRY TO EDUCATE YOU ON IT" and whatnot. insulting people who share a different belief system is counter-productive to your overall message, imho.

but this is just one way of looking at it. i'm sure there are other factors for other people, more unique scenarios for people. this is just a big factor in a lot of people i've seen, a lot of posts i've read on skeptic and debunker forums, as well as people i've spoken to personally.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If something goes against the "norm" or what people were taught, it doesnt matter what evidence you show them, they still wont listen because they dont want to feel uncomfortable. Maybe 2012 will do it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by makemap

By this do you mean cardboard city?

The sheer waste of talent and lives is saddening and a real symptom of our sick symptom.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Cedik because: spelling

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join