It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we wont 'wake up'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

I just took a look at the llresearch site and others linked to it. Very interesting.I feel like I have a long way to go and have been pondering the route to take. Some say that you need a mentor (for want of a better word), without one it makes things tricky but who can you trust?

I am currently looking into mystery schools and other occult/esoteric sources of information. So far all this has done is opened up other avenues of enquiry, though i do find the astrological base of much of humanities culture and all implications of it thereof to be compelling.

One thing that I can be sure of though up to this point is that meditation, even at the levels I have experienced has shown me the most ;truth; i have ever experienced. The rest of it, is at this point merely interesting .

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It isn't that we won't wake up, but there isn't nothing to wake up to. People feel good about being in the status-quo. I have come to realization that individualism is much better than trying to get accepted, which I have been trying to do my whole life. I have lied about doing things which I have never done to get accepted. We do things to the extreme to get accepted. That is our main problem.

We are taught to be mainstream rather than to think on our own. You get in trouble and made fun of for questioning the teachers. These actions should be encouraged to help open everyone's minds. We must learn to question the answers to find out how and why they work.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The people who are like your 'more inteligent' freinds, are auctually not interested in knowing the truth. They might be afriad of the unknown, of their reputation, or are simply brainwashed. I wouldn't say they are more inteligent, just easily absorbed into the lies they have learned since they entered the brainwashing facilities known as schools.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And while I am still on this page, I would like to add that I don't auctually believe we are awake yet, because how can we know what is the truth? Maybe the New World Order is auctually a good thing that would end wars and religion? Maybe UFO sightings are brought on by some millitary technology that projects images into the sky, or maybe too much dimethyltryptamine in the brain?
We will never open our eyes to the truth until we get proof of it, and find for sure what is and isn't just lies and liars. (David Icke and Alex Jones, for example, seem like disinfo agents to me trying to scare us.)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
reply to post by Rolci

I just took a look at the llresearch site and others linked to it. Very interesting.I feel like I have a long way to go and have been pondering the route to take. Some say that you need a mentor (for want of a better word), without one it makes things tricky but who can you trust?

I am currently looking into mystery schools and other occult/esoteric sources of information. So far all this has done is opened up other avenues of enquiry, though i do find the astrological base of much of humanities culture and all implications of it thereof to be compelling.

One thing that I can be sure of though up to this point is that meditation, even at the levels I have experienced has shown me the most ;truth; i have ever experienced. The rest of it, is at this point merely interesting .

Meditation, Healthy Diet, Exercise and Never-Ending Learning + Giving Back to Humanity with Love and Guidance.

That's all you have to do. Be fully conscious of your actions and the chain-effect they will have.

You can read as much mystical mumbo-jumbo as you want. I read the Celestine Prophecy - and that was all I needed as a framework for my personal journey.

Dont get caught up in external distractions, if they have wisdom to assimilate into your life - do so. If its just information - leave it alone.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderinghows

Are you serious?

I think I would always want to know what the truth is.. I would guess that you have already realised more than you think, as imagination is an underated faculty. Just look at Alice in Wonderland.

True, it must be difficult as the process of 'awakening' begins but surely this is a good thing and similar to Nero being unplugged in the Matrix though obviously not as instantaneous or extreme.

I am not sure about what Yoda says about fear, thought I do know that fear is fully under our control. For it is how we react to things that decides whether we are scared. Whenever I feel fear creeping up on me I merely focus on the love I have for something or just love itself, soon fear leaves and I am able to look atg things rationally again.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Cedik]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

The opposite of Love is Fear.

Fear in an existential sense can be a great motivator for righteousness, but the majority opt instead to pursue a self-damaging cop-out, and as a result a disease spreads.

Thus we have the problems of the world today.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this very hard. The only way to create change is to group together and spread your influence. If some brain dead war hungry tea party movement can grab so many people's attention, imagine what a group promoting real, helpful knowledge that can save people's lives and reverse there problems can do?

If a person who has good leadership skills could organize a bunch of us, who all specialize in different area's, around a common goal of teaching helpful knowledge and helping society, people would flock to it like bugs on 'Light'.

Just saying, that's all it takes. One or Two great leaders and a whole new movement is On... who could organize all our minds and talents?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

There are "Leaders" out there already. But that doesn't mean you should become a sheep to another movement.

You've got to be a leader to yourself first and foremost, be a leader to your family, be a leader to your neighbours, be a leader to your street, be a leader to the people you work with, be a leader to the check-out chick behind the counter at Walmart. Just spread love and ideas where ever you go.

Start small - Get everyone you know to use recycled toilet-paper. No-Meat Mondays, what ever.

The main thing is to be concious of what you are doing with your life.

What do you spend your money, time and energy on?

be the example of change you wanna see in the world.

Check out some of the links in my sig.

And if you feel bold enough, go join your local greens party or something.

Become a Culture Jammer

[edit on 11/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kbeet

Hi Kbeet,

Welcome to ATS and thanks for making this a more interesting 'debate'.

I have had doubts about the way in which I post on this forum. I don't come here to talk about politics as many people do. The reason I come here is because there is a small proportion of visitors who are prepared to look at the hidden side of life. To examine and discuss things which I had only previously read about in books. Also members provide a BS alarm which goes off if someone is lying or followin the wrong path.

There are some very intelligent people here who are prepared to talk openly and honestly about subjects which in normal society would be treated with hostility (as you showed above).

Why is ATS here? One part of it's existence allows us to discuss abstract theories and concepts. I think you would find it hard pushed to be able to PROVE that 99% of things on this site are happening or have happened.

Philosophy is one of the key underpinnnings of human development and it's progress can be charted through history. The discussion of sociology and philosphy can help us in our development. I have already learnt things from this thread, far more than another conversation about Palin's hand signals (though I do love those threads).

Hope this helps you to understand this. I am not having a go at anyone and there is a basis for debate here, I hope you agree.

edit for not making sense

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Cedik]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

Why don't other people get this???? We all need to work together to get rid of tptb, just bumbling along with your head in he sand will end up in disaster..

wake up people!

lol

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

Lol, very interesting concept.

You inherit almost everything from your parents so it wouldn't surprise me. Certainly, a majority of parents take children for injections, chose the processed food they eat, which is packed full of crazy ingredients and indoctrinate them with societal norms and values.

I think that if you take too much store in what you see on the television and in society as a whole it does drive you to damaging behaviour.

I have also have taken far too many intoxicating substances and my life has almost disappeared off the rails. Like you, this has taught me to value life. It does still effect me but I take steps to minimise this effect.

I must admit that I have no idea about sleep paralysis but synchronicity seems to happen to me fairly regularly.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Lol, very interesting concept.

You inherit almost everything from your parents so it wouldn't surprise me. Certainly, a majority of parents take children for injections, chose the processed food they eat, which is packed full of crazy ingredients and indoctrinate them with societal norms and values.

I think that if you take too much store in what you see on the television and in society as a whole it does drive you to damaging behaviour.

I have also have taken far too many intoxicating substances and my life has almost disappeared off the rails. Like you, this has taught me to value life. It does still effect me but I take steps to minimise this effect.

I must admit that I have no idea about sleep paralysis but synchronicity seems to happen to me fairly regularly.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
change the channel and pass me the Cheezy Poofs please

in a nutshell, most people are too afraid of loosing their comforts to bother with doing anything about TPTB

Whilst "Cheesy Poofs" may be your comforters , and I do not judge your sexual preferences,the TPTB part needs explaining.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Some people will never "wake up" in this lifetime or the next one.

Are you a buddhist?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

As it seems with all things human, those beings who are somewhat 'different' to the majority are stared at and shunned. This has knock on effects for those with differrnt ways of living their life.

Individualism is better than being accepted. There are many types of individualism, though as I see it, to be able to trust yourself, how you feel about things and can feel confident about living your life in your own way. These are incredibly important components on the path to living a fruitful life.

Teachers are given a syllabus and told to teach it. They are then graded on how well they teach it. They have little say what they actually teach. I think didnt have any teachers i would say were good until i reached college, then there is more flexibility, the tutors are more educated and can be more honest about what they are teaching.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES TO BEING AWAKE? Has your life changed by your awakening? Do others listen to you? Do you feel safer being awake?
Now that you're awake, whats your next step?

I'll tell you i am awake. My life hasnt changed other than knowing that most of whats coming from the news is just propaganda. No matter what i do, no one around me is interested in waking up. Oh, they know somethings wrong, but they would rather not know. It would be good if by my being awake, i could wake up others. Its NOT working.

Now, i cannot continue preaching because i will alienate everyone from me. Its very frustrating

So, its like holding a secret, i want to have everyone know, but i am consumed by this secret which nobody wants to hear.

Are you following me?

I've been dropping info here and there and i get a look like, "there she goes again" Someone shut her up.

How do you people cope? My only way of coping is coming here and chatting with like minded folks. So what do i do with my AWAKENING?

I understand this so completely. There must be many of us who can identify with what you said. And also, I have thought to myself...why wake them up? I remember the shock and the despair and the torrid range of emotions I experienced as I advanced in knowledge. Why would I want others to feel this trauma and upheaval, especially as I have no answers or solutions to give them back their sense of peace that everything will "be all right".

I have come to the conclusion that there must be a personal desire and motivation, an unquenchable thirst to know the truth. Many others are complacent with the mundane. You can't "tell" someone the truth because it is an individual journey and many of these people have been modeled through the years not to ask questions. Some have been conditioned to accept that some questions are just "unanswerable".

Sometimes I will give little snippets of information; if a person is interested they will explore it. If not, well, I haven't been dogmatic or intrusive.

Are CT's a special breed? I'd like to think so. We are the ones who have never stopped asking "...but, why?" Will there be a "price to pay" for the things we know? Can we change the future by our knowing?

Bible scriptures contain many warnings to those who seek to discover the truth. Eve's sin was in reaching for the 'fruit' of knowledge. The serpent promised that she would know as much as God. The price was death.
The Tower of Babel was an allegory of people coming together with a common purpose to "see into the heavens"; to know who and what God is. The price was destruction of their civilization. The scriptures say that at the crucifixion of Jesus, the veil in the temple was rent (torn). This is a metaphor describing that Jesus exposed the operations of what was behind the curtain, or veil. Again, we know the price paid for seeing too much and talking about it.

So are these stories intended to intimidate people who are "knowing" into silence and complacency? If there are enough of us to challenge it, could we not change the outcome of the future of civilization?

Back to your question 'what can you do with your awakening?' I suggest what someone here termed as "culture jamming". If your family won't listen, then take it elsewhere. Maybe slip bits of info into magazines in public places. Post info about ATS and pin it on a public bulletin board with website info. There are ways to get word out to many more. Maybe if your family begins to hear others talking about some of the same things you have mentioned...they may start to listen. After all, a prophet is never appreciated in his own country.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroSum

I think you are right. It is like these gated communities that seem to be growing in popularity in some countries. You can seal yourself within these areas and completely forget about the rest of the world about from the occasional brush with a pool attendant or delivery.

You can hide behind science, commonly heald norms and values or money and many other positions of power. It can be a lonely place for that person who is prepared to stand up for the truth..

just look at jesus

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroSum

because how can we know what is the truth?

we probably cant

Maybe the New World Order is auctually a good thing

highly doubtful

Maybe UFO sightings are brought on by some millitary technology that projects images into the sky

I do not believe all encounters can be explained in this way

or maybe too much dimethyltryptamine in the brain?

more likely

We will never open our eyes to the truth until we get proof of it, and find for sure what is and isn't just lies and liars. (David Icke and Alex Jones, for example, seem like disinfo agents to me trying to scare us.)

I know enough to know that the way i have been programmed is not good. As i have said before, I know how i feel,. I trust this more than anything

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
With a topic like this I don't always read everything, However I read a lot of it and must say everyone makes good points in my opinion, What was said in the first post has a lot of good points about how the government has us 'wrapped around their fingers' in other words...I also agree that those that have come to ATS, Stayed and are still here have 'woken up' from the government's 'grasp' for lack of a better word honestly.

I find it funny when people argue that the government actually 'helps' the american citizens...Okay they are using machines that are high pitch to the point they can blow ear drums, They use those there to disrupt riots...There are video's on youtube of US soldiers in small american towns...The Government has the US citizens wrapped around their fingers and has us scared to the point we won't do anything...

In the United States Constitution it states that as US citizens if we feel that the US Government no longer is protecting us or can protect us it is our DUTY to rise up and overthrow our government, If even one state begins to revolt that'll cause another state to rise up and another and another until all the United States of America have risen up, Not even with the US army, The police, congress the senate AND the US government against the United States Citizens, The government stands no chance, There are more citizens that'll revolt than the government can find, There are people IN THE ARMY that'd revolt, I can guarente you, and I'll gladly put my life on it or money or whatever you want, That there are if not all people in the army that DON'T want to be in Iraq, I support our army because they're following orders nothing else, Nobody wants to be over there or in afganistan or w/e or paxistan or anywhere else in the middle east right now, The only reason we're still there is for OIL 'President' bush wanted to fill his grubby little wallet and the middle east has tons of oil

[edit on 28-7-2010 by TheConspiracy]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join