It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Happiness Party plans to attack North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

Yeah I've heard that. My wife is half japanese half black and was born there. Yeah it seems a lot of stuff in Japan is more of a blend of cultures. I want to visit Japan so bad, its sooooo expensive though..

Anyways, good post.

I've been living in Tokyo for 23 years so drop me a U2U if you are ever on your way over here...I don't like to give out personal info over the net, but I'd be happy to give you any general info you need it (tho your wife can probably help you just as well as I can).

In some ways it seems like nothing ever changes here, but these days I'm sensing some radical change. It's not the "mysterious exotic orient" anymore...Starbucks on every corner, more and more English everywhere, everyone speaks English, more foreigners and Japanophiles everywhere...when I first came here people would stare at me; now I'm just another gaijin among many. Its a little sad but nothing in this world ever stays the same.

[edit on 8/14/09 by silent thunder]

Nice, yeah I'll definitely u2u if we ever make it there anytime soon. Its kinda my wife and I's dream to retire there, although thats a long way away, we are only 26. When our kids are grown up and we are financially stable we will move, and if I can find a job there I'd move there much before retirement. I work in IT and I'm a programmer and build webpages as a side job, so eventually I'm going to look into getting a job over there if I can. When we move there I want to do it what I consider "the right way" by that I mean learn the language...etc, even though a lot of people there speak english. My wife speaks Japanese fluently, and just recently shes started teaching me, although I havent learned much yet. I think its a cool language.

Anyways, now I'm just ranting
. I'll definitely message you though if I make it there anytime soon though.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Japan should be watched very carefully. Although they have been an ally of us for a long period of time now, but I find them dangerous and what they have done during the war cannot be forgotten.

In the Netherlands Indies (Indonesia) they established concentration camps in which many Dutch people have been killed. Not just that, throughout Asia, they used local girls as sex slaves.

Every Wednesday elderly Korean women stand in front of the Japanese Embassy in Seoul. When they were young they were raped on a daily basis by 30 or 40 Japanese soldiers like living inflatable dolls. Now they demand justice....

www.trouw.nl...

Japan still refuses to apologize for its crimes. Instead, many Japanese consider themselves to be the victims. They have gone through two nuclear attacks, they have lost their empire.

But the current events show how easily history is forgotten. There's in increasingly desire in Japan for a strong intervention force and the West seems to agree as Japan's ''enemies'' (Russia, China - land/sea disputes and North Korea - political issues) are also our enemies.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Japan should be watched very carefully. Although they have been an ally of us for a long period of time now, but I find them dangerous and what they have done during the war cannot be forgotten.

In the Netherlands Indies (Indonesia) they established concentration camps in which many Dutch people have been killed. Not just that, throughout Asia, they used local girls as sex slaves.

Every Wednesday elderly Korean women stand in front of the Japanese Embassy in Seoul. When they were young they were raped on a daily basis by 30 or 40 Japanese soldiers like living inflatable dolls. Now they demand justice....

www.trouw.nl...

Japan still refuses to apologize for its crimes. Instead, many Japanese consider themselves to be the victims. They have gone through two nuclear attacks, they have lost their empire.

But the current events show how easily history is forgotten. There's in increasingly desire in Japan for a strong intervention force and the West seems to agree as Japan's ''enemies'' (Russia, China - land/sea disputes and North Korea - political issues) are also our enemies.

Maybe I misread your post but...

Edit: Nevermind. I cant read that article, its not in english. So Im not gonna comment. Just want to say the western world hardly apoligizes for its war crimes either.... The us for instance invades countries, women and men get raped and mistreated in gitmo and stuff and theres proof of it..etc...etc it goes on and on and on. Sure we apoligize for something but then we continue to do it. Even though I am a marine myself these wars are completely wrong and we will never apoligize.

Anyone that rapes and stuff will get whats coming for them. What goes around comes around. I'm a strong believer in karma.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The Happiness Party wants to create an army and invade Korea...

Who else loves Irony??

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Happy Happy Great Fun invasion time.

I also doubt this group getting elected but if they do, there will definately be a TV show (title shown above) following the developing war.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Japan still refuses to apologize for its crimes.

You mean aside from the war crimes tribunals, where the people responsible were executed, the concessions in the various peace treaties and treaties on normalization of relations, the massive cash settlements, the full disclosure of both the comfort women issue AND Nanking in the media in the 70s (at a time when neither topic could be discussed in Korea or China) and the expressed apologies and official statements of remorse and regret given in 1957, 1965, 1972, 1982 (2), 1984 (2), 1985, 1989, 1990 (3), 1992 (4), 1993 (4), 1994, 1995 (2), 1996 (2), 1997 (2), 1998 (5), 2000 (3), 2001 (3), 2002, 2003, 2005 (2), 2007 and 2009?

Yeah, I see what you mean.

By the way, the Japanese can't give the requested payout to Korean citizens, because of a stipulation Korea demanded in the treaty on basic relations all those years ago. Japan paid the money, if it didn't get to the victims, that's Seoul's fault - not Japan's.

Read more - here's a couple of Korean news sites talking about it.
english.chosun.com...
english.chosun.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join