It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Happiness Party plans to attack North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Japan's Happiness Party plans to attack North Korea

www.telegraph.co.uk

Kyoko Okawa, founder of Japan's new Happiness Realization Party, has pledged to attack North Korea if elected.

Mrs Okawa has also pledged to amend the nation's pacifist constitution and prepare for an invasion from China. The mother-of-five's party is the latest option for Japanese heading to the polls in the Aug 30 election, which is expected to bring to an end more than five decades of near uninterrupted rule by the Liberal Democratic Party.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, these people strike me as pretty fringy...the Democratic Party of Japan is expected to win, but for some reason these people have a lot of money and backing.

The article goes on to note: "The president of the new party is her husband Ryuho Okawa, founder of the Buddhist-based Happy Science religious movement which since launching 23 years ago today has 200 temples in Japan, claims 10 million followers across the country – including 100 MPs - and a further one million overseas.

Most unusually, the party's policies are formulated on the basis of visions of the future that present themselves to Mr Okawa – who claims to be Buddha reincarnated – during hours of daily meditation."

Lovely. Just what we need...a parcel of complete and utter lunatics running the world's fast-decaying second-largest economy.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
WTF?!?

I would HOPE the Japanese aren't silly enough to elect someone who thinks they are a reincarnated god.

They did have an emperor who was supposedly a decedent of the sun god, are they trying to go back to that era?

Nice finds by the way lately silent thunder!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The japanese civilians are for the most part good and smart people. These people won't get elected, I'm willing to bet. Also I know you didn't mention this but I just wanted to point out that shintoism (I think its called) is the biggest religion in Japan, not Buddhism. Nothing wrong with Buddhist though, but I don't trust anyone claiming to be a reincarnated god and says he can see the future!

Peace

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The proper name is the Happiness Realization Party.

The local slang translates roughly to "that new cult".

Here's some details for anyone interested:

search.japantimes.co.jp...
www.hr-party.info...

Okawa is an interesting one. A lot of channeling and neo-mystic goonbabble involved, but also a fair bit of money from book sales, because books about channeling and neo-mystic goonbabble sell pretty well here.

I wouldn't take the numbers in the OP very seriously - I have no doubt that there are 100 MPs that support Happy Science (what an utterly Japanese name) - but the level of support is probably not on the political line. Keep in mind that this is a new party - formed this year - but the education centres have been around for a while. And when they open, dignitaries attended. As did a lot of people like me, who were wandering by and decided to stick around for the free sake.

I have no doubt that my name is on that list of "followers", as is that of my MP (who was there to do the equivalent of the ribbon cutting) - because I get their junk mail.

Mildly worrying, that.

But the implications of my name on their mailing list are pretty much the only worries I have on this. They will not form the next government. If they are extremely lucky, they might get a single seat. I'd be willing to bet that the communist party of Japan does better at the polls.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by vox2442]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Update:

Happiness Realization Party may withdraw from general election

1st line

2nd line

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nothing to add here I just wanted to congratulate you on the title of the thread

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees Israeli and US fingers stirring all the pies ..all the damn time ?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Obama
Okawa

Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
forgive the joke, but.....

Seems more the unhappy realization party.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Obama
Okawa

Coincidence?

No.

There are kooky people all over the world. Japan is no exception. Even if the 'happiness realization' party doesn't withdraw from the election, they probably won't win. The Japanese people are generally progressive and intelligent enough to see through this crap.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
[edit on 113131p://f01Thursday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I was being facetious.

Sorry, the internet does not transmit sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
WTF?!?

I would HOPE the Japanese aren't silly enough to elect someone who thinks they are a reincarnated god.

They did have an emperor who was supposedly a decedent of the sun god, are they trying to go back to that era?

Nice finds by the way lately silent thunder!

I dunno, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Look at America, it elected Bush twice in a row and nearly elected Palin as VP and shes a Pentecostal.. which is at least as nutty as thinking your Buddha.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Attack North Korea? With what?

Japan is in the unusual position of being a major world economic and political power, with an aggressive military tradition, resisting the development of strong armed forces. A military proscription is included as Article 9 of the 1947 constitution stating, "The Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as a means of settling international disputes." That article, along with the rest of the "Peace Constitution," retains strong government and citizen support and is interpreted as permitting the Self-Defense Forces (SDF), but prohibiting those forces from possessing nuclear weapons or other offensive arms or being deployed outside of Japan.

The SDF are under control of the civilian Defense Agency, subordinate to the prime minister. Although highly trained and fully qualified to perform the limited missions assigned to them, the SDF are small, understaffed, and underequipped for more extensive military operations. Its activities are confined to disaster relief and limited UN peacekeeping efforts.

Japan's national defense policy has been based on maintaining the 1960 Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security with the United States, under which Japan assumed unilateral responsibility for its own internal security and the United States agreed to join in Japan's defense in the event that Japan or its territories were attacked. Although the size and capability of the SDF have always limited their role, until 1976 defense planning focused on developing forces adequate to deal with the conventional capabilities of potential regional adversaries. Beginning in 1976, government policy held that the SDF would be developed only to repel a small-scale, limited invasion and that the nation would depend on the United States to come to its aid in the event of a more serious incursion.

www.globalsecurity.org...

With the SDF? Umm, no chance. And if these crazy loons think the US would jump in and nuke NK or something after a Japanese-instigated attack...

They just might be right. Crazy loons run together you know...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
forgive the joke, but.....

Seems more the unhappy realization party.

hhaha! Thats what I was thinking, attacking someone I wouldnt consider happy! Also most japanese people I think are against war of any kind, well unless north korea officially attacks them. But as far as I know I'd think japan is much more powerful than north korea (I could be wrong), so I don't think theyll get attacked. I could be wrong though, Japan hasnt been in a war in years and years and years.

And to the guy above me, the average japanese person is not a crazy loon, if thats what you are insinuating. The Happy Realization party though are crazy loons, I agree.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
The japanese civilians are for the most part good and smart people. These people won't get elected, I'm willing to bet. Also I know you didn't mention this but I just wanted to point out that shintoism (I think its called) is the biggest religion in Japan, not Buddhism. Nothing wrong with Buddhist though, but I don't trust anyone claiming to be a reincarnated god and says he can see the future!

Peace

I agree this party stands little chance of getting elected.

Most Japanese are functionally athiest, by the way, although Shintoism and Buddhism are not considered mutually exclusive. For example, the typical Japanese worshipper goes to a Shinto shrine a few times a year, has a "Christian" wedding (usually with a fake gaijin priest), and then has a Buddhist funeral.

These days, Japan is probably the least functionally religious nation on earth (with the possible exception of north korea)...but people still go through the motions.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Peace

I agree this party stands little chance of getting elected.

Most Japanese are functionally athiest, by the way, although Shintoism and Buddhism are not considered mutually exclusive. For example, the typical Japanese worshipper goes to a Shinto shrine a few times a year, has a "Christian" wedding (usually with a fake gaijin priest), and then has a Buddhist funeral.

These days, Japan is probably the least functionally religious nation on earth (with the possible exception of north korea)...but people still go through the motions.

Yeah I've heard that. My wife is half japanese and was born there. Yeah it seems a lot of stuff in Japan is more of a blend of cultures. I want to visit Japan so bad, its sooooo expensive though..

Anyways, good post.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Yeah I've heard that. My wife is half japanese half black and was born there. Yeah it seems a lot of stuff in Japan is more of a blend of cultures. I want to visit Japan so bad, its sooooo expensive though..

Anyways, good post.

I've been living in Tokyo for 23 years so drop me a U2U if you are ever on your way over here...I don't like to give out personal info over the net, but I'd be happy to give you any general info you need it (tho your wife can probably help you just as well as I can).

In some ways it seems like nothing ever changes here, but these days I'm sensing some radical change. It's not the "mysterious exotic orient" anymore...Starbucks on every corner, more and more English everywhere, everyone speaks English, more foreigners and Japanophiles everywhere...when I first came here people would stare at me; now I'm just another gaijin among many. Its a little sad but nothing in this world ever stays the same.

[edit on 8/14/09 by silent thunder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join