It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Racist' Baby Doll Pulled From Stores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Wholesale giant Costco is pulling thousands of dolls from its store shelves after parents complained that the toys are racist.

The "Cuddle with Me" doll features an African-American baby that comes packaged with a plush monkey. A cap on the baby doll has the words "lil' monkey" on it.

Source Link: www.clickorlando.com...
Video Source:
rawstory.com...

Okay, it is so clear to me know more then ever that TPTB are prevoking a RACE WAR!
First, let's be clear, I am not part of this left/right aruement and never have been. I am simply pointing out as all of us have that we are being pulled at both legs.
I for one is not being into this hatred and misleading arguement that we are all against Obama because he is a Black Man but am against him for continuing the terrible policies that the White Bush's started. They are the Marxist and Facist people who make policy, not us and to turn us against each other when we have come so far in our race relations is totally down right undermining!

We need to stand together and stop our infighting and direct our anger towards the right people when the time comes as it will be all of us in the same cells if not.

What say you?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All the toy maker was trying to do was appeal to this generation and it's slang, there not being racist. It's only the people who see the monkey and make the connection that are being racists. So if they shipped a white baby doll with a pack of animal crackers in it, would that be racist too? Come on... Little kids love playing with stuffed animals, monkeys especially. I think people over analyze things to much (You know that over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind?).

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Amarant]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amarant

Your points are very valid and is exactly why I see a clear attempt to make the public fight each other on the street. I didn't see a racist baby doll, I saw a doll for children until the racist thinking was brought out of it.

They see the name calling of "Mob" "Nazi's" "Extremist" isn't working so now they figure feeding off of the racial anger of our history will create a nationwide street fight right before they pass this bill, begin forced vaccinations on our children and pregant women and the banks taking their holiday in Oct that they can justify marshal law on us!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
is the li'l monkey on white doll's caps as well?
do they even make white dolls?

edit: In the comments, one person says there was a white, black and hispanic version, all of which said "li'l monkey".
there ya go.
bunch of whiners. That is an immature and oversensitive way to act imo.
I agree with the op but I'd like to either stop the selling of crackers forever because some crackers are white and so am i and i'm afraid somebody will put cheese on me.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Are people complaining because the doll was brown ?

Because the doll was not white ?

Because there is a picture of a monkey ?

Because the dolls are called lille monkeys ?

This is bloody insane, how do we explain to our children why one or the combinantion of all of these everyday things is offensive ?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In the world as we know it, it is not the intent that matters, only the perception.

I walked into a room once with a new coworker and proclaimed "Boy, I sure am thirsty!'

He looked at me sternly, and responded "Did you just call me boy?"

He was genuinely offended.

The thought of his perception never crossed my mind.

It took weeks and weeks before he would even entertain the possibility that I wasn't making a racial slur.

It was among the saddest days of my career up to that point, because I realized that I didn't matter, only he and his racial sensitivity mattered.

A young intern came to work one day, in a nice purple dress, and I said "You look so nice, like you're going to a dance." She confided in my supervisor that she thought of bringing me up on sexual harassment charges.

Again, I realized that I didn't matter. Only she and her perception of sexuality mattered.

People can be pathetic. It seems to be coddled by those who derive power from misunderstandings.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Wholesale giant Costco is pulling thousands of dolls from its store shelves after parents complained that the toys are racist.

The "Cuddle with Me" doll features an African-American baby that comes packaged with a plush monkey. A cap on the baby doll has the words "lil' monkey" on it.

Source Link: www.clickorlando.com...
Video Source:
rawstory.com...

Okay, it is so clear to me know more then ever that TPTB are prevoking a RACE WAR!
First, let's be clear, I am not part of this left/right aruement and never have been. I am simply pointing out as all of us have that we are being pulled at both legs.
I for one is not being into this hatred and misleading arguement that we are all against Obama because he is a Black Man but am against him for continuing the terrible policies that the White Bush's started. They are the Marxist and Facist people who make policy, not us and to turn us against each other when we have come so far in our race relations is totally down right undermining!

We need to stand together and stop our infighting and direct our anger towards the right people when the time comes as it will be all of us in the same cells if not.

What say you?

When he first joined the presidential race, i was one of his greatest supporters, and i was called N* lover for supporting him, by some white racist and very low intelligence individuals.

When i figured out the machinery behind politics, and the way people fall for it, i began to talk bad about him, this time, because i had opposing views, i was called racist by some very ego-driven, low intelligence black people.

I don't see the color, i see the intent behind it. And the actions. Do i need to list all the actions?

This is what happens when people get emotional about politics, instead of logical.

Anyway, to comment on the thread: No i don't think its racist. I don't think they wold provoke a Race War with a baby doll.

I know they plan on one (Race War). Will it happen? When? I dunno. I hope it doesnt. I love everybody, even when i get called cracker by some black people
, i still love em'

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
let all these candy pants keep being offended at the slightest little thing, sooner or later their shtick will wear thin and then we all will be reminded of the boy who cried wolf..sad, but true.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Great questions, I don't have any answers to them but I can totally agree with Maxmars that they who saw this doll as racist live in a world that is't all about them and their preception of racisum!

I do belive they are trying very hard to start a race war, will they be succesful, I don't know but they are truly pushing the buttons of those who perceive race as an issue for everything wrong in the world or at least the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna

I hear ya on everything that you shared. I've even heard from non-white people is "Obama" won due to white folks who felt quilty for slavory and voted for him to simply show that they were not racist. Then as they don't agree with him now, their true racisum is coming right back out lol...

It's all a catch 22. I honestly don't see color until it's made an issue in front of me and even then I remove myself from it because I don't subscribe to that way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How did this become about Obama?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'm sorry Maxmar, another poster was sharing his voting experience with me in the thread, I hope you didn't feel I confused you with his comments.

I guess Obama is part of this as the MSM is using these kinds of dolls while a black man is in office more racist compared to if he wasn't?

The MSM is stirring the post of racisum IMO

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
reply to post by Maxmars

I'm sorry Maxmar, another poster was sharing his voting experience with me in the thread, I hope you didn't feel I confused you with his comments.

I guess Obama is part of this as the MSM is using these kinds of dolls while a black man is in office more racist compared to if he wasn't?

The MSM is stirring the post of racisum IMO

No need to explain, I won't deny that publicists and media mongers are at work in our 'political' feed and this kind of thing has a strong potential to be either planted or used by them.

Racism is like a religion, in so far at that goes, I'm an atheist.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Here we have 2 pathways.

First of all, I didn't find it offensive until I saw the "lil monkey". That's offensive, and I can tell why.

Secondly, perhaps we are ignoring the possible benefits. The selling of this doll, and it's acceptance, means the end of racial stereotypes.

If you don't take offense, it losses all value. So the very act of taking offense could be contrived as having internal hatred of one's own race.

Under that second method, maybe it should be sold. And maybe en mass. So much so that the stereotype that some blacks look like monkeys withers away and dies.

One of the greatest things humanity can't get it's mind around in terms of these matters is that by identifying it as offensive, you give it power over yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
All hypothetical here

what if it was a white boy

What if the little white boy had a box of ritz snacks with him and his hat said lil cracker...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
All hypothetical here

what if it was a white boy

What if the little white boy had a box of ritz snacks with him and his hat said lil cracker...

As malleable as language is, there is no end to the potential for offense, where one is sought.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I would probably be laughing my A** off and would buy one for several of my black friends lol... It would be sold at Spencers and not Costco's

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Very well said. It's funny how only one poster saw what they wanted to see about the dall instead of simply a doll...

top topics

join